Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Why does coaching get a pass?
(01-30-2023, 02:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't say it wasn't hurt .....I said it wasn't as bad as they let on. No way. Read for context better. 

how do you know. are you a doctor on there staff. if not you just making stuff up

if joe played like that on a hurt ankle i would hope we wouldnt be discounting it
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:27 AM)Leon Wrote: how do you know. are you a doctor on there staff. if not you just making stuff up

if joe played like that on a hurt ankle i would hope we wouldnt be discounting it

Now that you mention it, I was a sports medicine major for two semesters. Ninja

Have you ever played sports? You don't go out there and move like that on a serious high ankle sprain. That's not speculating, that's physics. He rolled it, it hurt, but it wasn't that detrimental or he wouldn't have been able to play. Simple. 

They milked it for all it was worth. Maybe you should listen to what guys like Michael Irvin said about high ankle sprains during the week.......or just believe what KC said, lol. He was a FULL PARTICIPANT in practice all week. Sorry, you don't do that with a high ankle sprain. 

As to the game, he played a really good game. He usually does, he's the best in the league.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Offensive gameplan wasn't good.

On defense, the pass rush looked slow.

How many times did they do a delayed lb blitz? They basically burned a guy.

The tackling was bad too. Pratt whiffed on a big one. Wilson didn't look good either.
Reply/Quote
Nothing like needing three yards on second and third down and throwing 30-40 yards down field to get it, ending in an INT.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:44 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why not blitz the best QB vs blitzes?  Thats why we dont get blitzed that much either.

True if he had two good legs but he didn’t. Many of the former NFL coaches and players in the pregame shows were expecting this but I can’t recall a time where they dialed up a true blitz where more were sent than they could block.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think it is comical that message board posters think they have any idea what the game plan is or what actual call is made.  Joe has the authority to make any change he wants and to hit any route he wants.  It is impossible for us to know what the original call was or which is receiver was the initial priority target.

Zac is a conservative play caller Joe audibled.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:41 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: True if he had two good legs but he didn’t. Many of the former NFL coaches and players in the pregame shows were expecting this but I can’t recall a time where they dialed up a true blitz where more were sent than they could block.

Sending more than the one extra we did at times would defitniely leave a hot read wide open and Mahomes is awesome at those.  Of course he had no WRs left and a backup may have screwed it up... regardless. I don't see Pat holding the ball longer than necessary that game.

Reply/Quote
It was a team loss. Players didn't make the plays when they needed too, and the coaches didn't make the right adjustments when they needed too.

Its that simple.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Why does coaching get a pass????? Maybe because those coaches took us to the Super Bowl last year and the AFFCG this year. Maybe some of you should try coaching something besides madden if you're such better play callers. There's money to be made..... I mean, it would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why does coaching get a pass????? Maybe because those coaches took us to the Super Bowl last year and the AFFCG this year. Maybe some of you should try coaching something besides madden if you're such better play callers. There's money to be made..... I mean, it would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Stoney only comes out after losses...

Reply/Quote
Chew clock on the other side of the field. Hit a deep ball and this team is in total control, or get that roughing the passer penalty that was a non call.

Bottom line, this team had 2 chances to win and came up short/screwed even with a bad burrow game and the offensive line being offensive. This coaching staff is pretty strong and we should be thankful this team has these coaches
Reply/Quote
Fire Zac. Not one other team in the NFL would be stupid enough to hire an HC coming off his second straight Conference Championship Game. NFL personnel are much smarter than blind homer fans. They can see through all the victories and cultural change and realize we do these things "in spite" of Zac.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We went deep pass on back-to-back short yardage plays. {needed 2 or 3 yards} Cost us a drive it seemed like we wanted to play the way we did last year against KC throw it deep and hope. They only scored in low 20's could have beat them with 9- or 10-yard drives throwing short to intermediate..

We really need to get more explosive in the run game next year or it is time for a complete overhaul including coaches. Tired of watching the run game fail.
Reply/Quote
SB last year, back to back AFCG, longest win streak in franchise history all help earn coaches a pass. Plus they're a very young team and only lost on a last second FG to a very good experienced team.

Seems we were fighting to get healthy all season and just did not get there, Losing Collins, Cappa, Jonah, Awuzie, and Boyd made it tough to overcome especially with the refs seemingly against them as well

Yet it is a head scratcher that Burrow threw deep into double coverage twice on 2nd and 3rd and 3 when a time consuming drive was needed and a first down was paramount, but he was under so much pressure that game really cant fault his play or decision making either.

Still so proud of this team, except trash talking. But once again they're young and learning.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: it's absolutely crazy. I logged on after the loss and there were well over 1,000 posters in the forum. We win last week against Buffalo there was about 47

Not me cochise. I checked in briefly a couple of times, but mostly I was
A) crashed at the hotel
B) driving home in a mountain winter wonderland (NW Arkansas). Several vehicles off the road, one flipped.
C) resting up from that. 

I’m with Wyches warriors comment, but I would say 2 deep shots on 2nd and 3 had me baffled at the time. Frankly, that was a boneheaded playcall. The rest I chalk up to trying anything you can to win.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why does coaching get a pass????? Maybe because those coaches took us to the Super Bowl last year and the AFFCG this year. Maybe some of you should try coaching something besides madden if you're such better play callers. There's money to be made..... I mean, it would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

And w/o an untimely punt return or Ossai personal foul I think we win in OT. I mean really we lost in the last 8 seconds by 3 points. I’m not discounting the KC staff scheming the trenches well. I bet they worked hard on their bye week.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:33 PM)SladeX Wrote: Not me cochise. I checked in briefly a couple of times, but mostly I was
A) crashed at the hotel
B) driving home in a mountain winter wonderland (NW Arkansas). Several vehicles off the road, one flipped.
C) resting up from that. 

I’m with Wyches warriors comment, but I would say 2 deep shots on 2nd and 3 had me baffled at the time. Frankly, that was a boneheaded playcall. The rest I chalk up to trying anything you can to win.

Do you also think throwing deep to Chase on 4th & 6 was a boneheaded playcall?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fire Zac. Not one other team in the NFL would be stupid enough to hire an HC coming off his second straight Conference Championship Game. NFL personnel are much smarter than blind homer fans. They can see through all the victories and cultural change and realize we do these things "in spite" of Zac.

Zac will be here for a long time.

He's a good coach.

If NFL teams thought that Zac was terrible, why are they interviewing his offensive assistants? 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:58 PM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: Do you also think throwing deep to Chase on 4th & 6 was a boneheaded playcall?

No.  BUt trying a deep shot 2 times in a row in that situation was. IMHO. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac is a conservative play caller Joe audibled.

I don't think a "conservative play caller" would go for it on 4th & 6
Reply/Quote