Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it wrong to want Illegal Immigrants...
...arrested and deported?

I just don't understand why it's wrong for me to think that those in this country illegally should be arrested and deported back to wherever they came from.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(07-24-2015, 01:16 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: ...arrested and deported?

I just don't understand why it's wrong for me to think that those in this country illegally should be arrested and deported back to wherever they came from.

Wrong?  No I wouldn't say you were wrong.  If they are committing a crime they should be arrested like anyone else in this country.  Now do I think they should be arrested for simply just being here?  Nah, most are just trying to escape a poverty you or I probably couldn't fathom.  As I'm sure some of you are aware, I've worked in restaurants most of my life and many of the Latinos I've worked with I'm sure weren't here legally.  But they work hard and complain less, I like them better than many of the college kids that don't need the money and call off work when ever they can to go party.

Most are just trying to create a better life for themselves and/or family.  Can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in there shoes.
(07-24-2015, 01:16 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: ...arrested and deported?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZprzinWbAPv2aQdF18kW...2TzVZ5bdIQ]

Sorry, that's the first thing that popped into my head. It doesn't actually make you an asshole.

People act like illegal immigrants are some sort of scourge on our society. Illegal immigrants are actually one of the pillars that hold this country up. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of them are just here looking to make a better life for themselves and to escape an unfortunate situation that they had very little control over. Decades ago they would have been living the American dream. Now they're treated like inferiors and looked down upon. 

I'd say it's "wrong" (not really a good word in this case) because it doesn't do anything to solve the problem. If they're clean, not breaking the law (minus that whole "illegal entry" thing Ninja ) and working and contributing to society, let them stay. Tax 'em. 

So not wrong. Perhaps a shade xenophobic, but not "wrong." 
(07-24-2015, 01:52 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wrong?  No I wouldn't say you were wrong.  If they are committing a crime they should be arrested like anyone else in this country.  Now do I think they should be arrested for simply just being here?  Nah, most are just trying to escape a poverty you or I probably couldn't fathom.  As I'm sure some of you are aware, I've worked in restaurants most of my life and many of the Latinos I've worked with I'm sure weren't here legally.  But they work hard and complain less, I like them better than many of the college kids that don't need the money and call off work when ever they can to go party.

Most are just trying to create a better life for themselves and/or family.  Can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in there shoes.

Restaurants are just one of many areas that would suffer tremendously if we were to round up all the illegal workers and ship 'em out. Agriculture and sanitation also come to mind right off my head. As well as manual labor in general. 
(07-24-2015, 01:57 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Restaurants are just one of many areas that would suffer tremendously if we were to round up all the illegal workers and ship 'em out. Agriculture and sanitation also come to mind right off my head. As well as manual labor in general. 

It does crack me up when people complain that they are stealing jobs.  Oh you mean the jobs that nobody else wants to work. LOL
(07-24-2015, 02:08 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It does crack me up when people complain that they are stealing jobs.  Oh you mean the jobs that nobody else wants to work. LOL

I'd be curious to see if there is a correlation between a person's education/skill level and their views on illegal immigration. After all, illegal immigrants only pose a (insignificant) threat to those with less education and less skill. 
I don't think it's wrong, I think it's an impossible task and a waste of time and energy. There's and estimated 12 million of them in this country. Any idea what kind of man power and money it would take to find and deport that many people?
The only possible solution to this problem is to fix the broken immigration system. The entire department needs to be tripled in size temporarily so all the illegal immigrants can get visas and start the legalization process.
The only reason immigrants will stop sneaking into this country is if our economy becomes worse than their countries' economies. The good news for the deport them all crowd is that's the long term path we are on. Mexico already has the fastest growing auto manufacturing industry in the world. Only a matter of time until they start demanding better wages, which will improve their economy once they have a stable, consumer, middle class.
If we believe in a society of laws then they should be shipped out and made to enter legally. They may be escaping whatever they say they are escaping... But if it's that bad then you petition the state department for special circumstances. Which is set for those escaping real trouble. But coming here illegally isn't reason enough to stay. Ship them out . They shouldn't be voting, they shouldn't be sending their kids to schools, they shouldn't be getting benefits. They are their counties responsibility.

When someone comes here legally they need a sponsor who will stand up and accept financial responsobility for 10 years . Let them find someone to sponsor them and return legally.

They are all breaking the law. And this is a nation of laws.
(07-24-2015, 01:53 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZprzinWbAPv2aQdF18kW...2TzVZ5bdIQ]

Sorry, that's the first thing that popped into my head. It doesn't actually make you an asshole.

People act like illegal immigrants are some sort of scourge on our society. Illegal immigrants are actually one of the pillars that hold this country up. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of them are just here looking to make a better life for themselves and to escape an unfortunate situation that they had very little control over. Decades ago they would have been living the American dream. Now they're treated like inferiors and looked down upon. 

I'd say it's "wrong" (not really a good word in this case) because it doesn't do anything to solve the problem. If they're clean, not breaking the law (minus that whole "illegal entry" thing Ninja ) and working and contributing to society, let them stay. Tax 'em. 

This x2. Minus asshole part Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Because we are no longer a society of standards. What I find ironic is when folks try to compare these border jumpers to those that sacrificed and immigrated here legally. Many are upset that this country in not North Mexico; unfortunately that is not the case (yet).

I assume those that called the OP names have never seen the negative impact of illegal immigration.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2015, 09:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because we are no longer a society of standards. What I find ironic is when folks try to compare these border jumpers to those that sacrificed and immigrated here legally. Many are upset that this country in not North Mexico; unfortunately that is not the case (yet).

I assume those that called the OP names have never seen the negative impact of illegal immigration.

There's a lot to compare them.  Namely the desire to escape to a land where they can better themselves and be freer.

Yes, most of our ancestor went through the right steps...and those steps should be followed...but I can't fault someone trying to better themselves. I *can* want them to do things the right way and I *can* want out country to treat them humanely.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-24-2015, 01:57 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Restaurants are just one of many areas that would suffer tremendously if we were to round up all the illegal workers and ship 'em out. Agriculture and sanitation also come to mind right off my head. As well as manual labor in general. 

You realize that by having the illegals here, they are completely flooding the market with workers for those type of jobs.  When the employer has so many to choose from, he can lower the pay rate, as someone else will be glad to do the job for whatever is offered.  Taking away all of those extra "illegal" workers forces the employer to make the job more appealing financially, in order to attract qualified people to do the job.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'd rather offer them a chance at citizenship than have them deported. Most people freak out because they come here to work.

Really, we need more people here that want to work. Maybe the people that we should be mad at in this situation are the ones that send American jobs over seas, rather than ones that want to come to America to work.

I do agree that these people should be here legally though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-24-2015, 10:07 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd rather offer them a chance at citizenship than have them deported.  Most people freak out because they come here to work.  

Really, we need more people here that want to work.  Maybe the people that we should be mad at in this situation are the ones that send American jobs over seas, rather than ones that want to come to America to work.

I do agree that these people should be here legally though.

They already have that opportunity, JC.  It's called the LEGAL immigration process, it's been around for a long, long time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Why set boundaries on our hospitality. Why not send planes to Africa and bring back 1000s of people in much worse living conditions and give them government aid.

Why are folks so narrow-minded in their desire to help others with money that isn't theirs?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I have no problem with amping up the number of immigrants we allow in, and making it easier, but I want to know who you are. I would be willing to make everyone here legal (not citizens) if we had some way of guaranteeing that the influx of illegals would be reduced to a trickle. It seems to me that people are fine with if you can get in, you are good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-24-2015, 10:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why set boundaries on our hospitality. Why not send planes to Africa and bring back 1000s of people in much worse living conditions and give them government aid.

Why are folks so narrow-minded in their desire to help others?

We do give those people aid.

Do you have an end game here?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-24-2015, 01:53 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: People act like illegal immigrants are some sort of scourge on our society. Illegal immigrants are actually one of the pillars that hold this country up. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of them are just here looking to make a better life for themselves and to escape an unfortunate situation that they had very little control over. Decades ago they would have been living the American dream. Now they're treated like inferiors and looked down upon. 

This post sums up my thoughts.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-24-2015, 10:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They already have that opportunity, JC.  It's called the LEGAL immigration process, it's been around for a long, long time.

You're right.  Which is why is said that I wanted them to be here LEGALLY.

If they aren't though, I'm completely cool with having them take the steps toward making that happen.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-24-2015, 09:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume those that called the OP names have never seen the negative impact of illegal immigration.

Who called OP names?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]