Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why no Dax Hill?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well he cut right to it, didn't he?
Reply/Quote
I guess the way Jesse Bates has been ballin' out, there's no way to get Dax any snaps...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So much for that 1st round pick spent on a bench warmer.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I wish they mightve had a similar mindset with Burrow. Nah let's just let him get hit a bazillion times that won't affect his game play.

Is it possible to agree and disagree with a statement because that's where I feel like I'm at. I mean Dax is gonna need the reps if he's taking over next year and I had hoped he could help this defense get some turnovers. I also love the mindset that Bates is too good not to have this year just not good enough to pay.
Reply/Quote
Lou Anarumo will be a head coach in this league very soon. I love his no nonsense direct approach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:29 PM)Destro Wrote: So much for that 1st round pick spent on a bench warmer.

I thought everyone pretty much knew that this pick was a pick for Bates' replacement?
He's getting this season to learn and be a backup. He'll start next season after Bates leaves in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lou Anarumo will be a head coach in this league very soon. I love his no nonsense direct approach.

I'd take that bet. 

Lou Anarumo is 56-year-old with 3 years of NFL experience as a DC and in none of those 3 years has his defense finished above average in points allowed.

There were 5 first time Head Coaches hired for the 2022 season. 4 OCs and 1 DC. 
OC Kevin O'Connell (37 y/o)
OC Mike McDaniel (39 y/o)
OC Nathaniel Hackett (42 y/o)
OC Brian Daboll (47 y/o)
DC Matt Eberflus (52 y/o)

So the odds are already against Anarumo simply based off being a DC and being 56 as most people are going for young OCs. You look at Matt Eberflus and think that might be proof of Anarumo's chance, but Eberflus had back-to-back top-10 scoring defenses that were both top-5 in takeaway as a DC. Anarumo's defense has been below average in both categories all 3 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought everyone pretty much knew that this pick was a pick for Bates' replacement?
He's getting this season to learn and be a backup. He'll start next season after Bates leaves in FA.

Yeah but such hollow bucket response about him and his playing time seems like he is far below the bar to play. I'm not the type to think he should be an automatic Pro Bowler since he was a first rounder, and I get what coach is saying. Wish he was able to shine his way into playing time. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know yall. This smells like MB saying if he's paying that kind of money to a safety he better be playing....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:21 PM)jason Wrote: I guess the way Jesse Bates has been ballin' out,  there's no way to get Dax any snaps...

No doubt!! JB has a pff ranking of 59.1, has been targeted in the passing game 3 times and has given up 3 receptions. But he is averaging 2 tackles per game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought everyone pretty much knew that this pick was a pick for Bates' replacement?
If he doesn't start playing better that may come before the end of the season. He looks like a$$...

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:29 PM)Destro Wrote: So much for that 1st round pick spent on a bench warmer.

I think we’ll see more of Dax once we start facing some QB’s that really air it out. The first couple games have been more conservative offenses due to the QB’s we’ve played.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd take that bet. 

Lou Anarumo is 56-year-old with 3 years of NFL experience as a DC and in none of those 3 years has his defense finished above average in points allowed.

There were 5 first time Head Coaches hired for the 2022 season. 4 OCs and 1 DC. 
OC Kevin O'Connell (37 y/o)
OC Mike McDaniel (39 y/o)
OC Nathaniel Hackett (42 y/o)
OC Brian Daboll (47 y/o)
DC Matt Eberflus (52 y/o)

So the odds are already against Anarumo simply based off being a DC and being 56 as most people are going for young OCs. You look at Matt Eberflus and think that might be proof of Anarumo's chance, but Eberflus had back-to-back top-10 scoring defenses that were both top-5 in takeaway as a DC. Anarumo's defense has been below average in both categories all 3 years.

It took Zimmer a long time and he had a history of very good defenses. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I hate when coaches get in these dumbass mindsets

Why TF are you watching Eli Apple get his ass played with every week and Dax doesn’t even sniff snaps at corner?

This is beyond dumb. Bates is gone next year and Bell is a FA. Dax needs to play. I wouldn’t think I’d have to explain this to a NFL coach.

For the record I’m not sold on Lou at all yet. Refusing the rotate secondary is likely why were so bad defensively late in games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:21 PM)jason Wrote: I guess the way Jesse Bates has been ballin' out, there's no way to get Dax any snaps...

Bates hasn’t been playing bad.

He’s been playing alright. But he’s not just an alright player. He should be doing what Minkah is doing. You can’t throw shit on Minkah right now.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate when coaches get in these dumbass mindsets

Why TF are you watching Eli Apple get his ass played with every week and Dax doesn’t even sniff snaps at corner?

This is beyond dumb. Bates is gone next year and Bell is a FA. Dax needs to play. I wouldn’t think I’d have to explain this to a NFL coach.

For the record I’m not sold on Lou at all yet. Refusing the rotate secondary is likely why were so bad defensively late in games

You're the exact type of fan Lou is referring to.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:33 PM)JumboTron Wrote: You're the exact type of fan Lou is referring to.

I don’t think Lou wants ppl to start pulling the tape on how his defenses rank

When you have great players you play them. Period
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt!! JB has a pff ranking of 59.1, has been targeted in the passing game 3 times and has given up 3 receptions. But he is averaging 2 tackles per game

He's been as invisible as Dax Hill... Except more so in camp. I have seen him late on a coupla plays including the first TD from Dallas though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My problem with this is that he is showing no creativity. If you can't get a pass rush with the dline then create some blitz/coverage schemes with a 3rd safety. You are telling me you can't do this a few times a game.
Reply/Quote