• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why the Rams win
(02-09-2022, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 54094496.jpg]

Hilarious

[Image: 4EhuSA.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You gotta be high and drunk if you think anyone on this team is listening to the media meat riding right now.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 08:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Its the Super Bowl and obviously both teams are good. Yet its no time to cower down to anyfreakinbody opponent at this juncture but time to load that slingshot and bust Goliath right between the eyes. 

Time to seize the Dey !

Yep...the favorites are just 3-7 in the last 10 Super Bowls, and 0-3 when favored by 4 or more.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, the Bengals play in the TOUGHEST "Smash Mouth" division in football... the AFC North.
The Rams aren't bringing any type of football that Joe Burrow hasn't already seen.

Eh, maybe historically. The Rams division has been better the last 5 or so years in terms of the caliber of their defenses. Recently the Steelers and ravens have fallen off a bit and been up and down. The rams and 9ers have been very good most years. Seattle was great for several years before falling off. Cards have been getting better. Look at super bowl appearances led by dominant defenses: Rams twice, 9ers once, Seattle twice. Steelers and ravens haven’t made a super bowl in a long time. Actually come to think about it the last time the ravens made it (and won), they played the 9ers.

I hope our team can back up the press conferences. That oline has a tough matchup on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 08:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals did have the extra home game and the Rams had the extra away game. Still, the Rams' attendance was not twice the Bengals' attendance. 

Although I realize technically Fredtoast was arguing that LA -- including the Rams and the Chargers -- had twice as many fans attending home games as Cincinnati did. But, geez Louise, including two teams and twice as many games to make that argument of double the number of fans is sophistry at its finest.

Glad he is arguing still and not changing anything this week, was concerned he may get giddy at last minute and jinx Bengals lol. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:51 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Not so fast. (Football Outsider DVOA) they faced #1, #2, #3, #5, #5, #7 & #7 offensives in FB. That’s a pretty steep schedule.

Conversely the Bengals faced the #32, #31, #29, #28, #28, #24, #22 & #20 defensives.

For good measure, the Rams defense finished #5 overall. The Bengals offense finished #19. I doubt we “carve them up” as somebody predicted.

I was referring to the QBs they faced. DVOA won't account for that.

I stand by what I said. They haven't faced many great QBs and when they have, they did not fare well.

Not saying we shred them. Just throwing the info out there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think caps kid was a butthurt refugee from chiefsplanet, and not a Rams fan at all.

Has the fact that our d, practicing against a QB who seems to be widely regarded as one of the smartest in the league, elevated their play to a point where they can wear the opposing QB out mentally? Some commentators thought that Mahomes looked exhausted by the end of the game, down to the bengals’ D being able to present multiple concepts, at a high level.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep...the favorites are just 3-7 in the last 10 Super Bowls, and 0-3 when favored by 4 or more.

Wow. That’s crazy.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was referring to the QBs they faced. DVOA won't account for that.

I stand by what I said. They haven't faced many great QBs and when they have, they did not fare well.

Not saying we shred them. Just throwing the info out there.

Has anybody in the history of this forum NOT stood by what they said and what exactly does that mean?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Has anybody in the history of this forum NOT stood by what they said and what exactly does that mean?

I'm always open to changing my mind with compelling evidence.

In this case, I think my evidence was more compelling. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:10 PM)Housh Wrote: You gotta be high and drunk if you think anyone on this team is listening to the media meat riding right now.

I'm one of those right now.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Holy shit this board needs kickoff and Jesus.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:49 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: We all know about the struggles of the OL and with the Rams excellent DL that’s likely to continue.  But not many people realize that LA’s secondary is about as good as it gets.  We haven’t played (much less defeated) a secondary so good.

Further, we are averaging a low 19 points per game against Vic Fangio-style defenses.  Raheem Morris runs the former Rams DC Brandon Staley’s (a Vic Fangio disciple) defense which he adopted in this, his first year as Rams DC). Morris’ preferred defense is a zone heavy, cover 2, 4-3 Under look (Pete Carrol, Dan Quinn).

I also don’t like all the energy the Bengals have used up as we prepare for Sunday’s game.  The Bengals are getting the rock star treatment while the Rams have quietly have been low-key.

I hope I’m wrong, but I rarely mess up my predictions.
You are 100% wrong.... We gotta start accepting the greatness of this team....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I also disagree with the Rams secondary being great, they are mid tier. They get up big with their explosive Offense and 
stop the run cause teams abandon it trying to get back in the game. Ramsey is a great Corner but Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon,
Uzo when healthy are extremely formidable and we don't turn the ball over like the Rams have been doing on Offense.

We also have a great DL that can get pressure without blitzing which is how you fluster Stafford. Hilton has shut down Kupp 
before when he was on the Steelers, so there is hope there even with my biggest concern. Our Safeties and LB's have been 
playing great in these Playoffs.

This is why the Bengals win. We will be able to slow down the run and pressure Stafford causing turnovers.

Burrow will be pressured but he is great under pressure unlike Stafford.

Outside of Ramsey they are trash.. Weddle is old AF and the dude that's gonna be on Tee is 5'9" Tee is 6'4" ... Major mismatch.. I have a feeling Mixon and Boyd are gonna get theirs too.. The rams struggle in the short pass game...
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure their secondary is bottom half of the league, and that's with an excellent dline.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:49 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: We all know about the struggles of the OL and with the Rams excellent DL that’s likely to continue.  But not many people realize that LA’s secondary is about as good as it gets.  We haven’t played (much less defeated) a secondary so good.

Further, we are averaging a low 19 points per game against Vic Fangio-style defenses.  Raheem Morris runs the former Rams DC Brandon Staley’s (a Vic Fangio disciple) defense which he adopted in this, his first year as Rams DC). Morris’ preferred defense is a zone heavy, cover 2, 4-3 Under look (Pete Carrol, Dan Quinn).

I also don’t like all the energy the Bengals have used up as we prepare for Sunday’s game.  The Bengals are getting the rock star treatment while the Rams have quietly have been low-key.

Yaawwwwnnnn. Next.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:32 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Holy shit this board needs kickoff and Jesus.

Kickoff , yes.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:37 AM)Tony Wrote: You are 100% wrong.... We gotta start accepting the greatness of this team....

Exactly. I am tired of seeing these posts on here this week. It is absolutely ridiculous and the mods should move them all to trash talk. 

The people posting this junk are not Bengals fans because it sounds exactly like the Rams subreddit, verbatim. 

Btw, they are, by far, the worst fans ever. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:32 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Holy shit this board needs kickoff and Jesus.

Holy shit and Jesus.. A winning combination.. I'm kind of surprised someone in the Catholic marketing department never tried hocking holy shit.. Sounds like a very Catholic thing to do.. I was raised in that foolishness so I should know.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

TROLL 

OK, TROLL for either Rams, Steelers, Browns or Ravens.  You are no Bengals Fan, that's for sure. 

Look, we heard the Trolls say Bengals couldn't win the AFC North, couldn't beat The Raiders, couldn't beat the Titans, couldn't beat the Chiefs. 

I now tell you Troll, that the Chiefs are better than The Rams. If Bengals can beat The Chiefs, the Bengals can beat The Rams. 

You are ALL MESSED UP on your prediction this time. You come on Bengals Site to say Bengals will lose Super Bowl. I tell you BENGALS WILL WIN SUPER BOWL.   It may come down to Shooter winning the Game, but Bengals WIN.  You haven't been watching THE BENGALS DEFENSE shutting teams down all through the Play-Offs.  If the Bengals can beat Titans in Tennessee and beat Chiefs in Kansas City, they can beat Rams in LA. 

Oh, your nonsense about how Rams are handling LA better.  You don't know our Bengals.  Maybe the old Bengals would have lost focus in Hollywood and LA, but not the New Joe Burrow Bengals.  This team stays Focused and this team doesn't rattle, Kid. Just watch as Bengals hold up Super Bowl Trophy after they win Super Bowl.  Bengals have beat better teams than The Rams to get here.  Joe Burrow and Chase are going to hold up the Super Bowl Trophy just as they held up the College Championship Trophy only 25 months ago. You keep thinking this is the old Bengals, and THAT is your All Messed Up Prediction Mistake.

Tiger  Who Dey Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote