Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the squabbles among fans of the same team?
Being a fan of the Bengals is a lot like being a part of a family. Some teams have large, nationwide fan bases, the Bengals are not one of those teams. The Bengals have the unsavory tag of being a "small market" team, and therefore our numbers as fans are also reflective of that designation. It's true, the team is off to a bad start, losing three to open the season, and two of those games very winnable. This is nothing new to the older Bengal fans. We have seen the last three head coaches of the team start their careers 0-3. With that in mind, let's all try to get through this transition together, without making enemies of one another.

It's a rough time for all fans, both optimistic and pessimistic. No matter how one chooses to articulate and display their thoughts and feelings about what is shaping up to be a bad season, we do need to keep a few things in mind. We are all fans of the same team, or else we wouldn't be here. And with the previous statement being true, fans of other teams are likely happy for our misery, and we need to stay peaceful amongst ourselves. As Bengal fans, all we have is eachother, nobody else gives a damn about the Bengals but us.

With that in mind, I ask everyone to have a little understanding for how their fellow fans choose to respond to the teams failures. Don't respond with vitriol, don't make things personal. Maybe show a bit of resilience, toughen up a little bit, let some things roll by.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We all know it's not easy being a Bengals fan.  Good Post
Reply/Quote
Thank you, Sunset.

I just take issue with those who are purposely going out of their way to disparage the team and rub it in people's faces (you know who you are), hiding under the guise that, "well, its true, so it should be said."

Let us enjoy the positivity and have a fun ride, not be depressed all the time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Winning cures all
Reply/Quote
Excellent post SB. I've written and deleted my comment's 4 times now. So I will leave it at that. Cheers

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Winning cures all

Yes it does. And I truly believe these guys are doing their best to get there. This is their careers. Once they put it together it will be fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
I look forward to the day the Bengals finally do it and all of us who stuck through the rough times can enjoy it together. I live in Iowa so you guys are my only real chance to talk Bengals football, for better or worse. I've loved this team 30 years and just know that someday it will all pay off and I'm going to be able to finally savor a Super Bowl. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
It would be boring as hell if everyone got along on here you need debates to stir the pot. I for one would not come back if you all started hugging and singing Kumbaya. I like a good debate now as far as holding grudges goes I am all for it I am hard headed as they get.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:33 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: It would be boring as hell if everyone got along on here you need debates to stir the pot. I for one would not come back if you all started hugging and singing Kumbaya. I like a good debate now as far as holding grudges goes I am all for it I am hard headed as they get.

A debate, absolutely.

But constant bashing and taking the piss out of every little thing? Absolutely not.

The latter is happening SIGNIFICANTLY more than the former.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Browns just lose, so they all wallow together. Bengals give enough hope to make us angry/sad/surprised when they fail. Then they all try to reason why it is the way it is. It is an abusive relationship, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes it does. And I truly believe these guys are doing their best to get there. This is their careers. Once they put it together it will be fun to watch.
We can only hope that the O-line jells at some point. ZT took it easy on our guys this camp and preseason so lets see if it is just a slow start to the year.
Reply/Quote
The "squabbles" are a big reason I don't post in JN very often.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Winning cures all

I believe you are stating a truth.

ZT may or may not get things going. We won't really know until either the season ends or he does get things going.

I imagine the Pittsburgh boards are on fire about right now.

The Bengals fans have a right to be pissed at this team presently, particularly the front office and their New Dey campaign promising the problem (Marv) is gone and there's a bright season ahead. Then they deliver a goose egg.

In retrospect it wasn't all that hard to see coming. The 3 year deal to Hart, the 3 year deal to 8 teams in 7 years Webb and no real meaningful upgrades during the off-season. In fact, I'll state right now that the biggest upgrade to the roster is at backup QB at this point in time. My views on that may change as the season progresses and a rookie has a chance to stand out.

Basically this is last year's team with a new coach and playbook and last year's coach and playbook did a better job. Sad to say, but it is true, at least 3 games into the season.

Marv was never the real problem with the Bengals. The problem has always been Mike Brown and his screw ball thinking process. Nothing will ever really be fixed with this team until he and his whole way of thinking are gone.

Does saying all that makes me a bad fan? Mike Brown would probably say, "yes without a doubt." But I don't answer to Mike Brown. He's the one who is suppose to be providing the service in exchange for an awful lot of money.

Reply/Quote
True. Bengals fans are few and far between here on the west coast.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The "squabbles" are a big reason I don't post in JN very often.

Same
Reply/Quote
Many fans on here have the mindset we are the same old Bengals and they have the 49er game week 2 as proof for this. The optimistic fans look at weeks 1 and 3 realize this is a a talented team no longer coached by Marvin that can have success this season.
Reply/Quote
People need to go to JN more often so they don't spend the next 6 days letting out their steam with every thread.
People bash JN, but that is where you let your emotions out and leave them there when the game is over.
See you there this Sunday.

PS. Failure WILL NOT be tolerated.
Reply/Quote
You'd like to think that in this week - of all weeks - we could unite together

Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A debate, absolutely.

But constant bashing and taking the piss out of every little thing? Absolutely not.

The latter is happening SIGNIFICANTLY more than the former.

Right

I have no problem with a poster saying MB sucks, ZT stinks, player A is awful, today's gameplan was stupid. That'a their opinion and that's cool, and I sometimes agree.

It's when somebody is on here and 97.5 out of 100 posts is slamming everything Bengals that it starts getting under your skin. It's like they're not truly Bengal fans they're just here to bash and be right.

I've bashed MB as much as anybody but I'm trying hard to avoid that now because it does nothing but get me upset and I can't do anything about it so why drone on incessantly about it ?

There's a difference between a rant and an agenda.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being a fan of the Bengals is a lot like being a part of a family.  Some teams have large, nationwide fan bases, the Bengals are not one of those teams.  The Bengals have the unsavory tag of being a "small market" team, and therefore our numbers as fans are also reflective of that designation.  It's true, the team is off to a bad start, losing three to open the season, and two of those games very winnable.  This is nothing new to the older Bengal fans.  We have seen the last three head coaches of the team start their careers 0-3.  With that in mind, let's all try to get through this transition together, without making enemies of one another.  

It's a rough time for all fans, both optimistic and pessimistic.  No matter how one chooses to articulate and display their thoughts and feelings about what is shaping up to be a bad season, we do need to keep a few things in mind.  We are all fans of the same team, or else we wouldn't be here.  And with the previous statement being true, fans of other teams are likely happy for our misery, and we need to stay peaceful amongst ourselves.  As Bengal fans, all we have is eachother, nobody else gives a damn about the Bengals but us.

With that in mind, I ask everyone to have a little understanding for how their fellow fans choose to respond to the teams failures.  Don't respond with vitriol, don't make things personal. Maybe show a bit of resilience, toughen up a little bit, let some things roll by.  

responding to failures is one thing... Constant crying bitching and moaning about things none of us can control is over the top.

Objective thoughts as to what can help... would be awesome conversation unfortantely most here think running a team is like playing madden
Reply/Quote