Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why your team sucks
For a couple of years, Deadspin has a writer who writes these pieces about why each team sucks. They're pretty funny and the replies from fans are usually pretty good. The Browns were the first AFCN team covered.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-cleveland-browns-1723346122
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: For a couple of years, Deadspin has a writer who writes these pieces about why each team sucks. They're pretty funny and the replies from fans are usually pretty good. The Browns were the first AFCN team covered.

Pretty good  ThumbsUp

Makes me realize that, even in our bad times or down years, things could always be worse  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: For a couple of years, Deadspin has a writer who writes these pieces about why each team sucks. They're pretty funny and the replies from fans are usually pretty good. The Browns were the first AFCN team covered.

That's absolutely hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty good  ThumbsUp

Makes me realize that, even in our bad times or down years, things could always be worse  Rock On

I don't know...The Browns have Championships. 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 10:13 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't know...The Browns have Championships. 

When?  The 50s?  And that wasn't even in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 11:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When?  The 50s?  And that wasn't even in the NFL.

LOL...Where is BengalYankee when you need him.

How does that change the fact that their team has championships?  How does that refute anything I said?  How do you not know when?

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 11:58 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Where is BengalYankee when you need him.

How does that change the fact that their team has championships?  How does that refute anything I said?  How do you not know when?

Wouldn't it technically be the Ravens? Because you know the franchise that won those championships moved to Baltimore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 11:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When?  The 50s?  And that wasn't even in the NFL.

Yes it was the NFL, it just wasn't the Super Bowl era.

(08-14-2015, 12:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wouldn't it technically be the Ravens? Because you know the franchise that won those championships moved to Baltimore.

No. The Browns won NFL Championships in the 1950's.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wouldn't it technically be the Ravens? Because you know the franchise that won those championships moved to Baltimore.

No they left the history in Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:28 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No. The Browns won NFL Championships in the 1950's.

(08-14-2015, 12:39 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No they left the history in Cleveland.

The Browns franchise who won those Championships left for Baltimore. The New Franchise in Cleveland just took up the old name Browns.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Browns franchise who won those Championships left for Baltimore. The New Franchise in Cleveland just took up the old name Browns.

Please stop.  The NFL recognizes the Browns as the holder of those championships.  This is not a debate as it is pure fact.  Take this redunk back to JN where you all can circle jerk about it, claiming member (read dong) superiority, while looking at pictures of Andy Dalton's micro wang. 

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 01:09 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Please stop.  The NFL recognizes the Browns as the holder of those championships.  This is not a debate as it is pure fact.  Take this redunk back to JN where you all can circle jerk about it, claiming member (read dong) superiority, while looking at pictures of Andy Dalton's micro wang. 

What he said is true. You are right that the Ravens gave their Browns history away to stay in Cleveland, but the franchise that moved to Baltimore was the one that won those championships.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 05:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: What he said is true. You are right that the Ravens gave their Browns history away to stay in Cleveland, but the franchise that moved to Baltimore was the one that won those championships.

I really can't believe that he can't comprehend that.

The entire franchise moved to Baltimore, but since another one, which was built from scratch and had no ties to the old franchise, took on the same name in the same location, they somehow get to keep the titles?
Reply/Quote
The NFL recognizes the current Browns as the owner of all Browns history. You all are literally circle jerking over what you want to be true.

no one here is confused over what happened with the browns in the 90s.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 09:50 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The NFL recognizes the current Browns as the owner of all Browns history.  You all are literally circle jerking over what you want to be true.

no one here is confused over what happened with the browns in the 90s.

According to this chart, SCS is correct.  IMO

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/playoffs.htm
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The city of Cleveland was primed to sue the league over Modell's move, so the league cut a deal to avoid that.  The deal stated that Cleveland would receive a replacement franchise that retained the history of the team while Modell's team relinquished both the name and the history.  It was an arbitrary move, but one within the league's power to make.  What they essentially did was to temporarily suspend the Browns franchise and release all of their personnel, and even the owners, from any connection to 'The Browns'.  Those people were then free to form what was essentially a ready-made expansion franchise, which became the Ravens.  When the Browns franchise was reinstated, they populated it with new personnel, but it was, historically, the old Browns franchise.  

That may not be the way  some of you want to think about it, but it's what the league did, and it's reality.
Reply/Quote
[quote In fact, Dwayne Bowe often plays as if he’s been deactivated and wandered onto the field by accident! It’s like Josh Gordon never left. ][/quote]

LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 10:13 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I don't know...The Browns have Championships. 

Yeah.  And some of their players didn't have to work a second job to make ends meet.  I think they even wore facemasks for a couple of those championship seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 05:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I really can't believe that he can't comprehend that.

The entire franchise moved to Baltimore, but since another one, which was built from scratch and had no ties to the old franchise, took on the same name in the same location, they somehow get to keep the titles?

As I explained in a previous post, yes.

Look at it this way: when a player gets cut, traded, or leaves via free agency, nothing he does from that point forward is associated with his former team., right? What the NFL essentially did with the 'old' Browns was to cut the ENTIRE team - even the owners. This allowed for two things to happen: the 'cut' personnel formed a new team, and the team that was 'formed from scratch' was hired to be the 'new' Browns.

Can you comprehend that?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 05:17 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: As I explained in a previous post, yes.  

Look at it this way: when a player gets cut, traded, or leaves via free agency, nothing he does from that point forward is associated with his former team., right?  What the NFL essentially did with the 'old' Browns was to cut the ENTIRE team - even the owners.  This allowed for two things to happen: the 'cut' personnel formed a new team, and the team that was 'formed from scratch' was hired to be the 'new' Browns.  

Can you comprehend that?

He got the picture, that's why he hasn't posted anymore in this thread.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote