Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why your team sucks
(08-18-2015, 08:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please explain this:  if those titles belong to the Browns, then how did those titles shape the current Browns?  

How did the 1950s Browns shape the 1995 Browns?  I want specifics.  'They just did' is not an acceptable answer.

Reply/Quote
Reading the one for the Raiders, LMAO:

"This is how the Raiders work. They exist exclusively to waste your time. "

"Also, Mark Davis is scheming to ditch Oakland once and for all. If everything goes to plan—Jesus, who I am kidding? these are the Raiders—the team will skip town in 2016 in order to share a stadium near Los Angeles with the Chargers. Just one big stadium full of suck for unsuspecting citizens."

"Here is where I remind you that the Raiders’ original proposed stadium design included an eternal flame in memory of Al Davis, which seems redundant, given that Hell itself is ablaze 24/7. The Davis Cauldron was scrapped from the plans—I assume funds were reallocated for the stadium’s inevitable need for in-house correctional facilities—but the whole saga is a helpful reminder that the only thing worse than having your team run by a living Al Davis is having your team run by a dead Al Davis."

"You can tell Ghost Al is still running the team by its acquisitions over the offseason. Is that Trent Richardson? You know it is. I think it’ll be nice for fans to witness the only thing in existence slower than traffic over the Bay Bridge."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 10:41 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: How did the 1950s Browns shape the 1995 Browns?  I want specifics.  'They just did' is not an acceptable answer.

I don't have time to find them all because every roster and coaching move made since the 1950s teams resulted in a domino effect of the team that turned into the 1995 Browns.

That's not saying "they just did," that's saying "there's hundreds of transactions, much of done were done out of necessity for who each season finished, and it was a domino effect."

An example with the Bengals is when Palmer was injured in 2010, we finished 4-12, and he threatened to retire if he wasn't traded.  We didn't give in, drafted Dalton as his replacement, and Dalton led us to four straight playoff appearances, except it's even more complicated and detailed than that because there were also other moves in those offseasons, not to mention draft picks from how they finished the season, so I'm not going to detail 40 years of Browns history because it's pointless.

I'm done with this thread, though, because it's stupid at this point and doesn't really matter.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm done with this thread, though, because I'm stupid and I refuse to just admit that I was wrong.

FIFY.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't have time to find them all because every roster and coaching move made since the 1950s teams resulted in a domino effect of the team that turned into the 1995 Browns.

That's not saying "they just did," that's saying "there's hundreds of transactions, much of done were done out of necessity for who each season finished, and it was a domino effect."

An example with the Bengals is when Palmer was injured in 2010, we finished 4-12, and he threatened to retire if he wasn't traded.  We didn't give in, drafted Dalton as his replacement, and Dalton led us to four straight playoff appearances, except it's even more complicated and detailed than that because there were also other moves in those offseasons, not to mention draft picks from how they finished the season, so I'm not going to detail 40 years of Browns history because it's pointless.

I'm done with this thread, though, because it's stupid at this point and doesn't really matter.

LOL...Just using your own logic (not that I subscribe to it...cause I don't) part of the moves that were made since the 1950s teams was to deactivate the team for three years then reactivate it which were all part of the domino effect leading to the 2015 Browns.

All of which in my opinion is laughable.  

The only thing one needs to do is look at the facts.  The Browns have Championships per the NFL, and all the opinions can easily be washed away.

You're done because you were done long before this but just didn't know it.  We all see how it takes a bit longer for you on the uptake.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Brad comes in and completely sux the fun out of another thread. Gonna start calling him the fun sponge.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 05:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Brad comes in and completely sux the fun out of another thread. Gonna start calling him the fun sponge.

I like fun sponge but what about Sgt. Suck Fun?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: An example with the Bengals is when Palmer was injured in 2010, we finished 4-12, and he threatened to retire if he wasn't traded.  We didn't give in, drafted Dalton as his replacement.

So your example of how a decision a team makes in 1950 can affect it in 1995 is to show how a decision a player made in 2011 affected what the Bengals did in the 2011 draft?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 05:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So your example of how a decision a team makes in 1950 can affect it in 1995 is to show how a decision a player made in 2011 affected what the Bengals did in the 2011 draft?

He's not going to answer you because he said he's done with this stupid thread.  And we all know when Brad says he's letting something go, he let's it go.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 05:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Brad comes in and completely sux the fun out of another thread. Gonna start calling him the fun sponge.

I came here looking to read 8 pages of smack about "why your team sucks" and instead is get 7 pages of arguing about if the Browns have a history or if it belongs to the Ravens  :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't have time to find them all because every roster and coaching move made since the 1950s teams resulted in a domino effect of the team that turned into the 1995 Browns.

Who are you kidding?  You have demonstrated over and over again that you can't let go of stuff.  

Your example is crap, because it actually serves to prove the case virtually everyone else here has been arguing.  Carson left, which led to Andy coming, and that was just one of the events that 'shaped' your franchise.  Well, in this case, the entire team left (because that was the effect of the 'technicality' of a settlement that was made) and the NFL eventually replaced them en masse, which shaped the franchise.  Same thing, larger scale. Boom.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I came here looking to read 8 pages of smack about "why your team sucks" and instead is get 7 pages of arguing about if the Browns have a history or if it belongs to the Ravens  :snark:

im the only one who played........

THE GAME

Reply/Quote

I prefer fun vampire. He can suck the fun out of anything.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:49 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Who are you kidding?  You have demonstrated over and over again that you can't let go of stuff.  

Your example is crap, because it actually serves to prove the case virtually everyone else here has been arguing.  Carson left, which led to Andy coming, and that was just one of the events that 'shaped' your franchise.  Well, in this case, the entire team left (because that was the effect of the 'technicality' of a settlement that was made) and the NFL eventually replaced them en masse, which shaped the franchise.  Same thing, larger scale.  Boom.  

So when Carson left he didn't take the Bengals history with him?  Does that mean we didn't get the Steelers Super Bowls when Harrison stopped by for a year?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 09:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when Carson left he didn't take the Bengals history with him?  Does that mean we didn't get the Steelers Super Bowls when Harrison stopped by for a year?

No.  Harrison brought them back.

Reply/Quote
You know it's the offseason when Browns fans are arguing with Ravens fans on a Bengals board about 70 year old titles from a bygone league.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:01 AM)Ryuko Wrote: You know it's the offseason when Browns fans are arguing with Ravens fans on a Bengals board about 70 year old titles from a bygone league.

Who?

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:01 AM)Ryuko Wrote: You know it's the offseason when Browns fans are arguing with Ravens fans on a Bengals board about 70 year old titles from a bygone league.

That would be way funnier if the argument wasn't actually driven by a Steelers fan arguing with a Bengals fan.

Hey, close enough, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:09 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That would be way funnier if the argument wasn't actually driven by a Steelers fan arguing with a Bengals fan.

You know it's the off-season when JN leaks into the Smack forum.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:09 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That would be way funnier if the argument wasn't actually driven by a Steelers fan arguing with a Bengals fan.

When you're passionate enough about a teams history to waste 8 pages arguing about it, I don't care who they say they root for in public.  Tongue
Reply/Quote