Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wilcots, Holt and Martin all Team Sewell
On XM NFL opening drive, Solomon Wilcots, Torey Holt and former Bengals Super Bowl runner-up member WR Mike Martin all said the Bengals would be nuts to take Chase over Sewell.

Martin and Wilcots both said they need to protect Burrow and that one of the best ways to do that was to have a running game that works against the Steeler, Ravens and Browns.

They said building one of the best o lines in the NFL is even more important for an AFC north team.

Martin said that the Ravens have a LSU linebacker who apologized to Burrow last year for hitting him so many times.

They all three said that Munoz was the MVP of the Bengals Super Bowl teams and that you cannot pass on the chance to potentially get another Munoz for any WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If teams felt Sewell were the next Munoz they'd probably jump ahead of the Bengals to nab him. Of course, I don't suppose you ever know what you have till years later.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins just traded Erick Flowers to Washington for peanuts either they are really high on Sewell or Slater. Or they know they can get an instant starter at G in round 2. My guess its the latter and not the former. To compete now we need a playmaker like Pitts or Chase. You can turn things around in a season just ask 49ers, Eagles or Buccs all have done it recently. we have a starting caliber line with a quality G in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dolphins just traded Erick Flowers to Washington for peanuts either they are really high on Sewell or Slater. Or they know they can get an instant starter at G in round 2. My guess its the latter and not the former. To compete now we need a playmaker like Pitts or Chase. You can turn things around in a season just ask 49ers, Eagles or Buccs all have done it recently. we have a starting caliber line with a quality G in round 2.

Looks like their target is probably Sewell or Slater based on the tweet from Adam Beasley, Miami Herald's reporter on the Dolphins...

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So they're pretty sure we're taking Chase then.
Reply/Quote
all signs point to the Bengals ignoring the smart choice. Dolphins move exposed our pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dolphins just traded Erick Flowers to Washington for peanuts either they are really high on Sewell or Slater. Or they know they can get an instant starter at G in round 2. My guess its the latter and not the former. To compete now we need a playmaker like Pitts or Chase. You can turn things around in a season just ask 49ers, Eagles or Buccs all have done it recently. we have a starting caliber line with a quality G in round 2.

Very respectfully disagree about the quality of our o line or the best pick for changing from likely perpetual doormats to potential contender in 2 to 3 years.

They aren't contending next year regardless of who they pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: all signs point to the Bengals ignoring the smart choice. Dolphins move exposed our pick.

So, the Bengals called the Dolphins and told them we are not taking Sewell? It is all speculation
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:03 PM)WhoDey Wrote: So, the Bengals called the Dolphins and told them we are not taking Sewell? It is all speculation

Teams are far more aware of what other teams are targeting then you may know.
That's why you see teams jump in front of each other.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Teams are far more aware of what other teams are targeting  then you may know.
That's why you see teams jump in front of each other.

It is still speculation.... I speculate that the Bengals will take Chase if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:26 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: If teams felt Sewell were the next Munoz they'd probably jump ahead of the Bengals to nab him. Of course, I don't suppose you ever know what you have till years later.

How do u know teams aren’t trying to. Maybe the falcons are staying put because they know they can get Sewell there. Essentially Sewell could be first off the board if u take qb out the equation. And it’s reckless to not take Sewell. It’s not the sexy pick and every year there’s gonna be the same temptation to grab a flashy weapon instead of build the big uglies but it’s the smart responsible mature thing to do and Uve neglected it to the point ur franchise qb in ur year 1 goes down with the most of feared injuries... the acl. U have to go Sewell here no matter how great chase could be. They’ve dug this hole they need to fix it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: all signs point to the Bengals ignoring the smart choice. Dolphins move exposed our pick.

Unfortunately I agree. Got damnit. Let’s pray Atlanta goes chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: On XM NFL opening drive, Solomon Wilcots, Torey Holt and former Bengals Super Bowl runner-up member WR Mike Martin all said the Bengals would be nuts to take Chase over Sewell.

Martin and Wilcots both said they need to protect Burrow and that one of the best ways to do that was to have a running game that works against the Steeler, Ravens and Browns.

They said building one of the best o lines in the NFL is even more important for an AFC north team.

Martin said that the Ravens have a LSU linebacker who apologized to Burrow last year for hitting him so many times.

They all three said that Munoz was the MVP of the Bengals Super Bowl teams and that you cannot pass on the chance to potentially get another Munoz for any WR.

This is true. AFCN is brutal and loaded with great pass rushers. If we were in another division I'd be more in on Chase, but the fact remains that we are in the AFCN and wont win it without a very good OL.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:36 PM)WhoDey Wrote: It is still speculation.... I speculate that the Bengals will take Chase if he is there.

If the Bengals make it seem like they want Chase, then someone behind them doesn't try to jump them, when their true intention may be to take Sewell. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They all three said that Munoz was the MVP of the Bengals Super Bowl teams and that you cannot pass on the chance to potentially get another Munoz for any WR.

I’m really sorry that the name Munoz came up in the discussion of Sewell. Half of our fan base has completely lost their collective minds over this. He is just a nice tackle prospect and the chance he is a hall of famer is not real good. There are many opportunities to improve the line besides round 1 (or even the draft in general).

We lost 3 receivers from last years team and Chase is a guaranteed boundary receiver that round 2 just can’t guarantee. Bateman and Marshall very well could be gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Very respectfully disagree about the quality of our o line or the best pick for changing from likely perpetual doormats to potential contender in 2 to 3 years.

We would have a average OL if they get a G in round 2... on paper.

But paper doesn't play games. 

While I get that people are fascinated with Madden style games and want Chase cause... we scorez all da pointz...

I don't get the magical belief that the line is fixed with a flawed prospect starting at a new spot. Unless you take Davis, Trey Smith, Ben Cleveland or Green you are moving a center or tackle to guard.

But the real mystery to me remains, why anyone believes: 

Jonah will play 16 games... when he has played in only 10 in 2 years. 

XSF will play a full season, hasn't done it in 3 years.

Hopkins will be the same after his ACL. He might but.. a knee injury to a center? 

The odds of a Jordan sighting on the line next year are high if they wait till round 2 or 3 to address the line.

It remains simple. If the team believes the line is a real issue, they take Sewell. If they pass on Sewell they aren't concerned about the line and think 1 draft pick will be enough. Remember last season when they ignored it till late... well Tobin sees starters in round 3 so don't be surprised when round 3 hits and we finally go after a guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Very respectfully disagree about the quality of our o line or the best pick for changing from likely perpetual doormats to potential contender in 2 to 3 years.

This i would agree with.  Someone said you need to bring in Chase to compete in 2021. 

This team isnt going to the playoffs in 2021.  Best year I think this team can expect is 9-8.  

Worst year I can see this team having is 4-13 if they have injuries.  

I take Sewell and build the offensive line for 2022 and a competent Head Coach and coaching staff to take over from the Taylor Comedy Hour. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:03 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I’m really sorry that the name Munoz came up in the discussion of Sewell.  Half of our fan base has completely lost their collective minds over this.  He is just a nice tackle prospect and the chance he is a hall of famer is not real good.  There are many opportunities to improve the line besides round 1 (or even the draft in general).

We lost 3 receivers from last years team and Chase is a guaranteed boundary receiver that round 2 just can’t guarantee.  Bateman and Marshall very well could be gone.

I am just reporting what three former very good NFL players- and two former Bengals- said this morning.

They are the ones who stated Sewell has Munoz potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I am just reporting what three former very good NFL players- and two former Bengals- said this morning.

They are the ones who stated Sewell has Munoz potential.

Personally, I'll take 3 former very good NFL players opinions where to build this team in this draft rather than someone from a message board. 

Do I think Sewell will be as good as Munoz, probably not.  Do i think he's better than Jonah Williams coming out of college HELL YES.  

That's why he'll be drafted 5th potentially and if not by us then 6th by the Dolphins and Jonah wasnt.  

Jonah has a chance to be a good OL but not a game changing OL.  Sewell has a chance to be a game changer. 

As i said previously, this team isn't winning anything this year.  They aren't making the playoffs so build your team inside out.  

This teams best opportunity for the playoffs will be 2022.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We would have a average OL if they get a G in round 2... on paper.

But paper doesn't play games. 

While I get that people are fascinated with Madden style games and want Chase cause... we scorez all da pointz...

I don't get the magical belief that the line is fixed with a flawed prospect starting at a new spot. Unless you take Davis, Trey Smith, Ben Cleveland or Green you are moving a center or tackle to guard.

But the real mystery to me remains, why anyone believes: 

Jonah will play 16 games... when he has played in only 10 in 2 years. 

XSF will play a full season, hasn't done it in 3 years.

Hopkins will be the same after his ACL. He might but.. a knee injury to a center? 

The odds of a Jordan sighting on the line next year are high if they wait till round 2 or 3 to address the line.

It remains simple. If the team believes the line is a real issue, they take Sewell. If they pass on Sewell they aren't concerned about the line and think 1 draft pick will be enough. Remember last season when they ignored it till late... well Tobin sees starters in round 3 so don't be surprised when round 3 hits and we finally go after a guy.

I just don’t see the value in Sewell, when MANY others don’t even have him as the top Oline prospect. Many have him outside top 10 overall prospects. You can’t say the same thing for Chase. He is the first CONSENSUS # 1 WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson.
Reply/Quote