HUBBARD
CHRISMAN
READER
OTHER
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wildcard Game Game Ball
(01-16-2023, 03:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: WIthout slapping that ball, Hubbard would not even be mentioned in this play.  Glad it landed in his hands and he took off like a rocket, it was beautiful watching him run all those yards for a TD.

Well no shit lol.

And without Pratt standing Huntley up in the first place Wilson doesn’t get the opportunity to knock it out. It took all 3 guys making a play to pull it off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no shit lol.

And without Pratt standing Huntley up in the first place Wilson doesn’t get the opportunity to knock it out. It took all 3 guys making a play to pull it off.

That is what is awesome with this team, they all work together so well and can read each other's minds.

Was a fantastic play by all 3 and the big boys up front.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac was right the game ball had to go to the whole defense. I've watched that whole series of events leading up to that fumble return probably 10 times now. The long Huntley run that someone on the edge just got straight tackled with no call and Bates with the hassle to knock him out. Then someone got in the passing lane to force a bad pass to the fullback. Vonn Bell standing up Gus Edwards at the 1 and guys rallying. Then of course everything to do with that amazing and very much needed turnover.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I know Wilson knocked it out and yet again in the playoffs game ball's could go to a lot of guys on defense. But seeing that ball come loose and then Hubbard go streaking the other way and such a beautiful sight. I was yelling like a madman. So I voted Hubbard for the game ball.

For a big man, he got up to speed quick too. Looked like he stole a tv set.

Reply/Quote
Can we also talk about what Logan did to Linderbaum on this play? :lol:

He’s a bad, bad man.

Reply/Quote
If we are gonna be completely honest, and I know a message board is no place for honesty, but the NFL and their enforcers by proxy(refs) have to receive at least an honorable mention. Horrific spot on Huntley's run for the pilon, just before the catstrophic mistake by the Raven QB at the goal line. NGS said the ball came within 0.6 yds. of breaking the plane on the TH run. I think the refs placed it at about the 2-2.5 yd. mark. Also, the push in the back by #51 on Andrews ignored by Goodell's zebra on the run back. I'm thrilled we won but I felt confident we would. Let's face it, Bengals-Bills was a MUST matchup for the NFL, just as Chiefs-Bills will be the week after.

Why do I suddenly feel like Fredtoast ? LOL
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we also talk about what Logan did to Linderbaum on this play? LOL

He’s a bad, bad man.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
ADG was pretty good last night as well. 4 special teams tackles and an INT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou Big Grin

I'd like to hear what he got bleeped for...lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:43 PM)J24 Wrote: ADG was pretty good last night as well. 4 special teams tackles and an INT.

Truth, he shown the raw talent I always thought he had. He is growing into a playmaker.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we are gonna be completely honest, and I know a message board is no place for honesty, but the NFL and their enforcers by proxy(refs) have to receive at least an honorable mention. Horrific spot on Huntley's run for the pilon, just before the catstrophic mistake by the Raven QB at the goal line. NGS said the ball came within 0.6 yds. of breaking the plane on the TH run. I think the refs placed it at about the 2-2.5 yd. mark. Also, the push in the back by #51 on Andrews ignored by Goodell's zebra on the run back. I'm thrilled we won but I felt confident we would. Let's face it, Bengals-Bills was a MUST matchup for the NFL, just as Chiefs-Bills will be the week after.

Why do I suddenly feel like Fredtoast ?

Spot looked right to me.

Plus, BJ Hill got held on that play anyway.

Reply/Quote
I voted Wilson but the whole LB crew deserves a piece of it.
ADG never played RB as a kid? I was laughing because he ran right into and got tackled by the guy on the ground that Wilson pancaked.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no shit lol.

It wasn't so much as Pratt, that was the Raven's coach's mistake. Like Collinsworth said, if the plan was to get Huntley to jump over the line, they should have spread the link to make it easier for him to do so. Looks like the congested line created a wall too high for Hunley to get over.  Huntley couldnt get over his own guys, thus he reached out giving Wilson the opportunity.  so its Wilson then Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we are gonna be completely honest, and I know a message board is no place for honesty, but the NFL and their enforcers by proxy(refs) have to receive at least an honorable mention.  Horrific spot on Huntley's run for the pilon, just before the catstrophic mistake by the Raven QB at the goal line. NGS said the ball came within 0.6 yds. of breaking the plane on the TH run. I think the refs placed it at about the 2-2.5 yd. mark. Also, the push in the back by #51 on Andrews ignored by Goodell's zebra on the run back.  I'm thrilled we won but I felt confident we would.  Let's face it, Bengals-Bills was a MUST matchup for the NFL, just as Chiefs-Bills will be the week after.

Why do I suddenly feel like Fredtoast ?   LOL

I believe the 0.6 yds was the actual fumble play. They just consider that a run. Also I'm not so sure on the block in the back. I think you can block in the back if you first initiate the block from the front. Also offenses are allowed to block a defender in the back in the backfield so was it still technically the backfield? I don't know. I would both teams got lucky bounces of the ball and that one bouncing right to Hubbard was a big one.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we also talk about what Logan did to Linderbaum on this play? LOL

He’s a bad, bad man.

Sure, I'll talk about it.  Logan spotted him what, 50 lbs?  And knocked him ass over applecart.  When you're playing bullies like Baltimore, you have to talk to them in language they understand.  If Linderbaum and the rest of his buddies didn't understand before, I'm pretty sure they do now.

As it says on a shirt sold by hustlers outside the stadium, fork around and find out.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plus, BJ Hill got held on that play anyway.

Yeah I was yelling at that one. I also think Bates got up saying something about not calling the hold. I was really surprised about the overall lack of holding penalties called against the Ravens. The offense they were running is hard to get off the field because the whole goal seems to be to get into 3rd and short. A holding penalty can most likely be a drive killer and yet i don't believe they had a single holding call against them.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:14 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Sure, I'll talk about it.  Logan spotted him what, 50 lbs?  And knocked him ass over applecart.  When you're playing bullies like Baltimore, you have to talk to them in language they understand.  If Linderbaum and the rest of his buddies didn't understand before, I'm pretty sure they do now.

As it says on a shirt sold by hustlers outside the stadium, fork around and find out.

There’s some good clips of Reader bullying Linderbaum, too. He made some nice blocks in the run game, but he also very much looked like a rookie at times.

Reply/Quote
I’m glad people are giving Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt credit, but Sam Hubbard took that from a great play to an all-time great play. Hubbard’s return will be in NFL highlight reels decades from now. I doubt we would have won without Hubbard’s touchdown.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard. Give that man his flowers.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:22 PM)Destro Wrote: Hubbard. Give that man his flowers.

Looking at our possible opponents even if it’s Allen, Mahommes, or Lawrence they all can run and will require QB spy often and those edges are gonna need to be set.

If we played a Brady, Dak or Jimmy G we’d be good but all remaining afc QBs will attack that edge if we let them

There is a good chance after Reader that Hubbard is our most important defender individually
-Housh
Reply/Quote