Poll: Will Joe Burrow lead the Bengals back to the Superbowl soon?
This poll is closed.
Absolutely
76.92%
60 76.92%
Negative, Ghost Rider
23.08%
18 23.08%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Bengals be back in Superbowl soon?
Now that we've all had a day or two to get past the emotion of not winning the game, will we be back in it any time soon?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We can hope.... But a lot bounced our way to get here this time
Reply/Quote
I am optimistic that we will be. We are trending up. A lot depends on this offseason though imo.
Reply/Quote
Define soon? Hopefully it won't be another 30 years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We can hope....  But a lot bounced our way to get here this time

I think we needed those bounces because of our OLine. If we improve that, we won't need as many bounces.
This team has a lot of young key players as well. 
Reply/Quote
From several articles I've read about the losing SB team going into a slump, they say is has to do with the team dwelling on the loss too much. Burrow seems to be taking good advice from family friend Kurt Warner about enjoying the success and going right back after the next season. Enjoy the AFC Championship, it was an incredible achievement no one (except me Wink ) expected. Get back after it this off season and make another run.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I think we needed those bounces because of our OLine. If we improve that, we won't need as many bounces.

Some of the bounces came from bad coaching from other teams. If the Jags, KC (in both games), Tennessee kick FG at end of half instead of going for it on 4th down, just like that the great season doesn't happen.

These runs have a lot more to do with luck (no injuries, and Minny overtime fumble that wasn't) then talent.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ugh, ugh, & ugh. I'll own my "No" vote status. Please do not mistake my "No" vote as being a hater or anti-Bengals. I believe in Taylor, Burrow, Chase, and the guys who will remain on the squad in the upcoming seasons.

I made this post earlier:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-QBs-who-lost-their-first-Super-Bowl-before-winning-it

Not too many QBs get a shot at returning to the Super Bowl after losing it their first try. I suppose this influenced my "No" vote. Please let me be wrong!

I'm cheering for Burrow. He's likeable during interviews and fun to watch play the game. I like being a fan of his and I hope they win a Super Bowl so he can experience victory. I'm a fan who wants the win, I want fans like everyone here to experience a Super Bowl victory, I want the Brown family to feel the thrill of winning it all, and I want the Cincinnati community invested in the Bengals enjoying a win, but most importantly I think Burrow comes off as an authentic dude so I want to see him get the Super Bowl win.
Reply/Quote
Don't count out Burrow til you see the box go into the hole.
Reply/Quote
I haven't voted yet because I don't know if I can say they'll be back in the Super Bowl soon given the talent of some of the other teams, but I do have confidence they'll be one of the Top 4 teams in the AFC pretty consistently over the next few years.
Unless the Bengals do a poor job in FA this year, I see the Bengals being right there with the Chiefs, Bills, and Titans as the best team in the AFC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I think we needed those bounces because of our OLine. If we improve that, we won't need as many bounces.

I think we need a new OL coach as well... 70 sacks in a season for  a QB coming off major knee surgery.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We can hope.... But a lot bounced our way to get here this time

I agree, but I think the assumption is, we should get only better. If they attack the O-line this off-season like they did the defense the past two season.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't voted yet because I don't know if I can say they'll be back in the Super Bowl soon given the talent of some of the other teams, but I do have confidence they'll be one of the Top 4 teams in the AFC pretty consistently over the next few years.
Unless the Bengals do a poor job in FA this year, I see the Bengals being right there with the Chiefs, Bills, and Titans as the best team in the AFC.

Solid take and I agree, but decided to play the voting game. The Chiefs and the Bills standout to me as our main competition. The Titans don't worry me as much because I value the QB position and they have a good, but not elite player manning the position.

There always seems to be an emerging team in the NFL taking the league by surprise. Is it still us or are the Bengals now solidified as contenders and thus, we should be looking to identify the next up and coming AFC squad to watch out for during a playoff run? Is it Herbert and the Chargers?
Reply/Quote
[Image: y6NBURn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Three times since 1990 a losing Quarterback has made it back to the Super Bowl, within 5 years.

Jim Kelly
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

Notable QBs who haven’t returned (not just within 5 years… but ever) after losing a SB.
Mahomes - likely to soon to add to this list, but time will tell. I do think time is slipping from that team, and blowing a 21-3 lead will be extremely difficult to overcome.
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Russel Wilson
Big Ben
McNair
Favre

I’d like to think Burrow is closer to the first group than the Latter. Time will tell, but I do think we can be back within 5 years.
Reply/Quote
I’m not betting against 9.

Reply/Quote
I'd like to be optimistic, but honestly it is very hard to make in there, and chances are we do not ever make it back with this core, let alone within the next 5 years. It's possible, just not likely, we had a ton of luck this year we usually don't have, especially with injuries. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Next thing to do is create an easier path. Meaning a great regular season, a first round bye, and home field advantage. 'Just' making the playoffs is no longer the goal.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:39 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Three times since 1990 a losing Quarterback has made it back to the Super Bowl, within 5 years.

Jim Kelly
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

Notable QBs who haven’t returned (not just within 5 years… but ever) after losing a SB.
Mahomes - likely to soon to add to this list, but time will tell. I do think time is slipping from that team, and blowing a 21-3 lead will be extremely difficult to overcome.
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Russel Wilson
Big Ben
McNair
Favre

I’d like to think Burrow is closer to the first group than the Latter.  Time will tell, but I do think we can be back within 5 years.

But Mahomes and Wilson and Favre did win a Super Bowl and Roethlisberger won two. Not sure they relate. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:47 AM)Nepa Wrote: But Mahomes and Wilson and Favre did win a Super Bowl and Roethlisberger won two. Not sure they relate. 

True.  A lot of 0-1 and done QBs come to mind, but Burrow got there in his first full year as a starter, so he's got more time to get back.
Reply/Quote