Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Clarke against the Rams.
(12-01-2015, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lost year 2 to injury...

Year 3 is being lost due to MJ's return

Hes probly gone next year but no reason not to bring him back to camp

Plenty of reason, such as...he isn't good. He's older than most projects...MJ isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. They brought MJ back because Hunt offers nothing. 
Reply/Quote
I thought Hunt was a master at blocking kicks/punts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 03:33 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I thought Hunt was a master at blocking kicks/punts?

Hunt was productive in college.  He was All Conference in the WAC or Mountain West or whatever conference SMU was in.  

I think Royal is saying that Hunt just got those sacks and blocks because he was stronger than his opponents and didn't really know much about technique.  I have pretty much agreed with that, but i thought there was a good chance Hunt developed into a good NFL player.  He had the work ethic to be a world class track athlete, and quickly developed into a college star in football.  But this is his third year, and he is not showing anything.  He should at least be getting a handful of snaps in the regular rotation by now.  

If he is still under contract for next year then bring him back, but don't count on him making the roster.

And even if he never plays a snap, that does not mean we should not take a chance on a freak with little football background.  Hunt actually had better numbers in college than Ziggy Ansah, and they were in the same draft.  Ansah was also a ntrack athlete who did not play football until college.  The Lions took him in the first ro9und and he is currently 2nd in the league with 11.5 sacks.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lost year 2 to injury...

Year 3 is being lost due to MJ's return

Hes probly gone next year but no reason not to bring him back to camp

Injury shouldn't set back your technique. Unless it's a persistent one that he was having to learn to work around. Which, if that was the case, that's a very bad sign.

For a camp body, fine. But if he's in a developmental spot, it needs to go to someone who can develop.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 01:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah, it's a bit more in depth than just drafting "boom or bust" players.

We just drafted bad football players. Clarke was never great at WV and he was never a good pass rusher especially. He's never going to be one. At best he profiled as a poor man's Michael Johnson.

Margus Hunt has never actually been good at football. He's a track star who looks good in pads. But he has next to clue what he's doing half the time. He's just not good at football. 

Still had motivation issues from the get go. Zimmer called him out for it on Hard Knocks. He never put it together.

Thompson gets off the line in a hurry but then 75% of the time he's just unsure of where the ball is and the play goes right by him. At least people finally stopped calling him a nose tackle.

Moch was supposed to be David Pollack. But he wasn't good at the sport of football.

Marcus Hardison is the most promising DL we have drafted since Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins. That's 5 years. That is not good. Especially considering we have invested: two second rounders, three third rounders and a fourth rounder.

That's terrible given the returns.

^This^

Hunt has zero football instincts and hasn't cracked the rotation. So at this point it's safe to say he's not going to suddenly find them in camp next season. Oh he'll look good beating up a 20 year old camp body OT with his bull rush but he's not NFL Material.

Thompson has an excellent first step but like you say quite often just like Hunt doesn't show god football instincts and the play is past him before he reacts.

Clarke ? I'm starting to believe he doesn't have it either
Reply/Quote