Poll: Will Hue Be Our Next Head Coach And Do You Want That?
Yes He Will And Yes I Want That
Yes He Will But No I don't Want That
No He Will Not But I Want Him To Be
No He Will Not, Which Is Good
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hue Jackson Be Coaching The Bengals In 2018?
The Browns are just waiting for the next great QB out of college to go to Cleveland and become the next Playing for Pizza guy.. 
I don't think Hue is giving up on his gig there and short of a total blow out season again of 1-15 he's got the pieces now to have a much better team than before. They still need the QB,  but I think they can get by with a caretaker till next year. 
If everything turns to crap and he's fired and all those great draft picks flounder and win exactly zero why on earth would any team much less the Bengals want him as a HC?
This is sink or swim time for Hue. Put up or shut up. 
You don't get three bites at the apple if you can't turn around a 1-15 team with the cream of the draft 2 years in a row. 
For all of Marvins faults he did NOT take a 1-15 team and keep them as a 1-15 team.  The single biggest knock on Marvin is his playoff record,  not his regular season record.  Hue has to prove he can win in the regular season and short of that his chances of moving on from Cleveland as a HC are essentially nil.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 11:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think we need a fresh face here. Someone the players will actually fear yet respect and want to give everything they have. Then I come back to reality knowing that the next head coach will more than likely be Guenther! Shit balls damnit.

What's wrong with Guenther? I seem to think he would be an excellent candidate for the next HC job. He designed Zimmer's blitz packages, he was out spoken on Marvin's reluctance to play younger guys last season until Marvin hushed him. The days of hard nosed, grab you by the face mask coaches are gone. NFL players don't fear coaches like High School or college, they get paid to play no matter what and wherever their services are wanted. If anything a coach on their ass all the time would just turn them off..
Reply/Quote
Hue is staying put. Cleveland is not grooming him for our next HC....
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is the one that got away. Jackson made the Palmer deal. I question his judgment.

Paulie will likely be the next head coach here. Not a good fit. Similar style to Marvin Lewis.

I would like an offense minded coach like QB coach Urban or Josh McDaniel.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 01:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Zimmer is the one that got away.  Jackson made the Palmer deal.  I question his judgment.  

Paulie will likely be the next head coach here.  Not a good fit.  Similar style to Marvin Lewis.  

I would like an offense minded coach like QB coach Urban or Josh McDaniel.

How is their style similar? 

McDaniel I don't know about. Wasn't well ready for the Denver job IMO

Urban maybe....
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's laughable that he could come and coach Cincy hell I think it would be the best option especially considering I wanted him to coach after 15. Do I think it would happen no but at the same time I could see hue seeing it as a better job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We're a year late on Kyle shanahan. I'd like an offensive guy that would be will to keep Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I hope hue fails miserably in that dumpster fire of a franchise up north. I want nothing to do with him as our HC. If we were to get anyone back after ML, I would hope it would either be Zimmer or Joseph.
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe, if we all got together and begged, we could get Jon Gruden to come out of retirement. (Hey, I can dream!)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 02:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: We're a year late on Kyle shanahan. I'd like an offensive guy that would be will to keep Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.

Marvin's style was working back when he came here but the league is so high-powered now and so offensive-oriented that we need a coach that has the mentality of going out and winning the game by scoring more than the other team, not by scoring and then hoping your D can hold them and running out the clock (not talking about the playoff game because that was the right call to run there, but not with a guy with fumbling issues).
(07-07-2017, 02:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: I hope hue fails miserably in that dumpster fire of a franchise up north. I want nothing to do with him as our HC. If we were to get anyone back after ML, I would hope it would either be Zimmer or Joseph.

I I don't want Zimmer or Joseph because I don't think either has an innovative enough mind to be aggressive and go out and win.
Reply/Quote
sandwedge Wrote:... The days of hard nosed, grab you by the face mask coaches are gone. NFL players don't fear coaches like High School or college, they get paid to play no matter what and wherever their services are wanted. If anything a coach on their ass all the time would just turn them off..

This^. You can't treat grown men and professionals like they're kids, and stay employed as a coach for long.
Reply/Quote
If there's a chance to get him, then it's not a good idea. That would mean that there was little to no improvement after have THREE 1st round draft picks and he didn't improve the team much after signing guys like Zeitler and Kenny Britt. Therefore, he would have gotten fired and I don't knw how much trust I would put into a head coach who messed up after a 1-15 season and had three 1st round draft picks.

Honestly, and I hate to say this, but I think there's a MUCH higher chance of Zampese being our head coach than Hue.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 02:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: I hope hue fails miserably in that dumpster fire of a franchise up north. I want nothing to do with him as our HC. If we were to get anyone back after ML, I would hope it would either be Zimmer or Joseph.

Why all the hate? Lol.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Hue, but the only way he's becoming our HC next season is if Cleveland wins 3 or fewer games and gets fired. At that point, I can't imagine trying to sell that to the fan base. If the D plays like their old selves, then we'll promote Guenther to HC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 01:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How is their style similar? 

McDaniel I don't know about. Wasn't well ready for the Denver job IMO

Urban maybe....

Both are defense minded coaches.  Both are players coaches.  Both are somewhat low intensity types.  Paulie seems more likely to hold players accountable.  I'll give him that.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 03:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Why all the hate? Lol.

1. After hue was given a second chance by ML, it was a slap in the face for him to take a HC job in the same division. He took the job in cleveland before scheduled interviews in NY and SF. I personally was glad to see him go. 

2. I thought his play calling was suspect at best. Too many times I think he got too cute trying to out trick the other team. His first season as OC, how many times did he throw the tackle eligible to Fisher when the Bengals were in the red zone? By my count at least 6 times....when you have guys like Green and Eifert available. And to me, the play that last the playoff game to the steelers was the 2 point conversion after the go ahead TD. The previous drive, we had lined up in the jumbo package and Jeremy Hill had walked into the endzone. The steelers could not match up to stop that play on short yardage...even when they knew it was coming. Yet hue decided to call a throw to the side to Hill...playing into the steeler D's strength (LB speed). They easily stop the attempt. If they had lined up in the jumbo package and punched it in like they should have, the steeler FG at the end would have been for OT, not for the win. Shades of Pete carroll not using Marsawn Lynch from the 1.

3. Finally, he has done nothing to impress so far in cleveland. They were lucky to get 1 win last year. So him going there was  good thing, but still a slap in the face to ML IMO.

I simply don't understand the high pedestal some people put hue on. I think he is a clown and am glad he is gone.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 12:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good point and I agree 100%.

Players need to be held accountable and realize that they need to do their jobs or get a foot up their ass!

Players playing their hearts out for a coach out of fear or even just respect produces results, which Marvin gets neither of those things.

Players that underperform may be benched,traded or cut. A foot may have been effective in the fifties, but the players union is a bit stronger nowadays.

Voted no on Hue, he gets too cute and forces plays at times when he was our OC.

We need fresh coaching.Can someone clone a young Forrest Gregg or young Sam Wyche ? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 02:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Maybe, just maybe, if we all got together and begged, we could get Jon Gruden to come out of retirement.  (Hey, I can dream!)

IMO Gruden took Tony Dungys' tampa team to a Superbowl win.The bucs got way worse when grudens' picks were drafted and he was canned later on.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 02:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Maybe, just maybe, if we all got together and begged, we could get Jon Gruden to come out of retirement.  (Hey, I can dream!)

Gruden taking over would be a nightmare not a dream.  The longer he stayed in Tampa the worse they got.  His problem is he wants to coach and play GM, simultaneously.  There's a reason he got sacked, despite winning the only Superbowl in Buccaneers' history.  A Superbowl he won with Tony Dungy's team I must add.  If he wanted to coach only then he would be great but the HC and GM are a package deal.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Hue is in an enviable coaching position right now. Nowhere to go but up. An organization that appears to be taking a methodical (as opposed to a win-now) approach. Some great draft picks and some good ones already stockpiled for next year. A .500 year represents a great improvement. A great fan base. These are things coaches dream about. If they make a run for the playoffs in a couple years his stock goes sky high. He'd be foolish to leave Cleveland anytime soon. If / when they finally land a decent QB, they could be the next Raiders rags-to-riches story.

I don't think they'll be an easy out for anyone this season, and may even surprise a few people.
Reply/Quote