Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Joe Burrow get bored
with having all day to study the field on Sundays this fall?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope he gets bored turning around handing the ball off to Mixon all game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Lol, sure won't be what he has been used to here. Nah, he now can have fun and not be so frustrated.

He knows what he can do, this allows him to really be the best which is what he is working to become.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope he gets bored turning around handing the ball off to Mixon all game.

Mixon, Evans and another RB we Draft. Spread the wealth. I see this as the biggest upgrade, the run game. These guys we added 
are all great run blockers and Carman can grow to be one himself at LG. Jonah is also a good run blocker at times. Our RB's should 
be really excited for this season.
Reply/Quote
In all honesty it will feel weird for him to actually have a pocket. He should now have some time to sit back and survey, hopefully his internal clock can adjust to actually having time.
Reply/Quote

This meme has reached its final form.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This meme has reached its final form.

Hayden Hurst's number will be 81 eh?
Reply/Quote
I already am picturing Game 1 of the regular season, Burrow keeps dropping back to pass and has happy feet and keeps bouncing around a nice and clean pocket expecting pressure. Until halftime when he starts to fully trust in the new OL and throws for a record 500 yards ... IN THE 2ND HALF.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This will be the first time in his career, pro or college, that he's really had a top-notch OL. Yes, I know his line won the Joe Moore award at LSU in 2019, but that was because LSU was a dominant offense and all the weapons and Joe made them look good. Two of them are NFL starters, two aren't in the league or are regarded as UDFA prospects this upcoming draft, and one is on the Commanders but has started 5 games in two seasons.

He will feel like he's playing a different sport this upcoming season if these guys all stay healthy and play to expectation. Just having a consistent running game with Mixon getting good help up front will make a world of difference.
Reply/Quote
I thought you were going to say will he get bored winning too many rings in Cincy and want a new challenge
Reply/Quote
Let's not get carried away. The O-line has improved, but it is far from elite. We don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

I am thrilled with the new crew, but they aren't an "elite" unit. Burrow will still have to deal with pressure.
Reply/Quote
But Collins says nobody will touch him!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:43 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: This will be the first time in his career, pro or college, that he's really had a top-notch OL.  Yes, I know his line won the Joe Moore award at LSU in 2019, but that was because LSU was a dominant offense and all the weapons and Joe made them look good.  Two of them are NFL starters, two aren't in the league or are regarded as UDFA prospects this upcoming draft, and one is on the Commanders but has started 5 games in two seasons.  

He will feel like he's playing a different sport this upcoming season if these guys all stay healthy and play to expectation.  Just having a consistent running game with Mixon getting good help up front will make a world of difference.

Well said. Fred will argue this though, as the Joe Moore award proves LSU had a better OL than Bama or Clemson lol
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not get carried away. The O-line has improved, but it is far from elite. We don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

I am thrilled with the new crew, but they aren't an "elite" unit. Burrow will still have to deal with pressure.

Eh, we’re also the only AFCN team without a Pro Bowl QB (yes Trubisky made a Pro Bowl lol).

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not get carried away.  The O-line has improved, but it is far from elite.  We don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

I am thrilled with the new crew, but they aren't an "elite" unit.  Burrow will still have to deal with pressure.

He will still have to deal with pressure but it won't be anything like his first few years here.

This O-line could be elite though, especially at run blocking. Collins is a top 5 RT, Cappa is a top 10 Guard and Karras could be a
top half of the league Center. Carman and Jonah could grow into top players at their position for all we know. Jonah shown flashes 
last year same as Carman. We have went from backup quality at best at 3 positions to quality starters that are young with upside.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hayden Hurst's number will be 81 eh?

He will be wearing number 88....per Hurst himself, on Instagram. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He will be wearing number 88....per Hurst himself, on Instagram. 

Cool, thanks JohnnyC. Cool
Reply/Quote
Perhaps they can run practice with no offensive line, you know, like it was before.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope he gets bored turning around handing the ball off to Mixon all game.

While it will be nice to see the Bengals running the ball at will in a few games, I'd rather not see Zac Taylor go full Marvin Lewis, by trying to run out the clock with 11:53 to go, in the 2nd Qtr..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps they can run practice with no offensive line, you know, like it was before.

Hilarious

Like Adeniji, that guy didn't even exist in the Playoffs or SB lol
Reply/Quote