Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles?
I know it is preseason, but Jesus Christ.........4th and 15 and you give up a 35 yard TD pass to likely lose the game? Simply pathetic
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I know it is preseason, but Jesus Christ.........4th and 15 and you give up a 35 yard TD pass to likely lose the game?   Simply pathetic

Possibly if the Brown family sells the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I know it is preseason, but Jesus Christ.........4th and 15 and you give up a 35 yard TD pass to likely lose the game?   Simply pathetic

Back end of the roster..... GEEZE.
Reply/Quote
Just wait till next year. It will be the Bengals year!

Wait . . it IS next year! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Back end of the roster..... GEEZE.

On BOTH sides of the ball Sledster!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:14 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: On BOTH sides of the ball Sledster!  Wink

Exactly, but the point is 3/4s of these guys won't even be on the team next week, so nothing to get your panties in a wad over.
Reply/Quote
That was a nice play by the guy that caught it. Good pressure on the qb, but he made a nice play to roll away.

Yeah they gotta contain the qb better and do a bit better in coverage there. But these are backups. They actually had a lot of people out there on D that will make the team.

I’m not too concerned. This doesn’t really have any bearing on the regular season. It’s hard to know what to expect yet. It’s good to see a lot of the Bengals seem really confident and expect to win a lot this year. Hopefully that comes to fruition.

I would have liked to see them kick the field goal at the end there as that’s what you would do in the regular season to force OT. But they went for the win. It’s preseason. I think they got all the evaluation in that they needed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, but the point is 3/4s of these guys won't even be on the team next week, so nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

We'll get 'em next year Sledster!  (The franchise patented saying since 1991)
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, but the point is 3/4s of these guys won't even be on the team next week, so nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

In the first half, I watched our 1's and 2's getting ran up the middle on, biting on screens, and continued terrible play from the LB position.  It's going to be a long season, I'm afraid.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the first half, I watched our 1's and 2's getting ran up the middle on, biting on screens, and continued terrible play from the LB position.  It's going to be a long season, I'm afraid.

We'll get em next year!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That was a nice play by the guy that caught it. Good pressure on the qb, but he made a nice play to roll away.

Yeah they gotta contain the qb better and do a bit better in coverage there. But these are backups. They actually had a lot of people out there on D that will make the team.

I’m not too concerned. This doesn’t really have any bearing on the regular season. It’s hard to know what to expect yet. It’s good to see a lot of the Bengals seem really confident and expect to win a lot this year. Hopefully that comes to fruition.

I would have liked to see them kick the field goal at the end there as that’s what you would do in the regular season to force OT. But they went for the win. It’s preseason. I think they got all the evaluation in that they needed.

No OT in preseason. Tie is as good as they could have gotten. Might as well go for the win, it doesn't count anyway. The only reason I could see to give the kicker a chance, is to get another kick on tape so they can try to trade him.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: We'll get 'em next year Sledster!  (The franchise patented saying since 1991)

Nah.. The patented saying is," Well, there's always next season."
It's the curse of the Mike..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I see the drama queens are already in midseason form.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the first half, I watched our 1's and 2's getting ran up the middle on, biting on screens, and continued terrible play from the LB position.  It's going to be a long season, I'm afraid.

Did you really, because our starting D line did not even play..... and I don't remember seeing starting Linebackers out there either.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No OT in preseason. Tie is as good as they could have gotten. Might as well go for the win, it doesn't count anyway. The only reason I could see to give the kicker a chance, is to get another kick on tape so they can try to trade him.

Who's going to trade for a cut kicker at the end of preseason unless he's still on the team 53 man by the time of final cuts? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I know it is preseason

Right about there is where you should have stopped. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Possibly if the Brown family sells the franchise.

I wish we'd get the season started so we can chalk up some wins.  Maybe hear less of your whining?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Who's going to trade for a cut kicker at the end of preseason unless he's still on the team by the time final cuts? 

They mentioned there are 3 teams right now desperate for kickers. If they want Siebert, they'll likely be willing to give something up (late round draft pick) for him to be able to secure him. Heck, with 16 spots on the practice squad, we can stash him.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish we'd get the season started so we can chalk up some wins.  Maybe hear less of your whining?

I just call it like it is.  I'll be back in January and we'll compare notes and talk again then.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I just call it like it is.  I'll be back in January and we'll compare notes and talk again then.

Good, now go away for 5 months. Who Dey
Reply/Quote