Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will this make anyone feel better?
(03-20-2017, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They need to be seriously looking at Jon Toth. He's a center than can play both guard spots....

Yeah, doesn't look like they're scouting him.

I don't see Kentucky as a place the Bengals are visiting as of now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 01:12 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yeah, doesn't look like they're scouting him.

I don't see Kentucky as a place the Bengals are visiting as of now.

He's not projected to go until the 4th rd. so it would not surprise me if he is not getting much interest yet. You'd think maybe letting Kentucky's Bud Dupree slip by them to go to Shitsburgh with the very next pick would wake them up to talent 90 minutes down the road....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was looking at NFL trade rumors.co and saw this nugget:

Not overly surprising that the Bengals are checking out o-linemen prospects, but Moton is projected as a 3rd rounder by Walter Football. Walter also has the Bengals taking linemen back to back (he has us snapping up Moton as well) in rounds 2 and 3.

So I guess my question is, would you guys feel better about the line after the additions of Andre Smith and a couple solid prospects? Also, are there any particular players that jump out in this draft?

Oh, this is where Moton was brought up.

Would make me feel much better if we drafted Elflein and Moton.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 01:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yes

We need all the help we can get on OL.

Agree with others though that the Center position should be addressed as well.

Pssst! Don't tell Marvin. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was looking at NFL trade rumors.co and saw this nugget:

Not overly surprising that the Bengals are checking out o-linemen prospects, but Moton is projected as a 3rd rounder by Walter Football. Walter also has the Bengals taking linemen back to back (he has us snapping up Moton as well) in rounds 2 and 3.

So I guess my question is, would you guys feel better about the line after the additions of Andre Smith and a couple solid prospects? Also, are there any particular players that jump out in this draft?

Unless one of them will immediately be one of the two top LT in the league, then no.

The OL was an abomination last season, and anything less than an elite LT and a solid RG will put them in worse-than-2016 territory. This is the problem with the Bengals approach in FA. You're always relying on your draft picks to hit just to bring you back to your previous level rather than getting better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 11:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Unless one of them will immediately be one of the two top LT in the league, then no.

The OL was an abomination last season, and anything less than an elite LT and a solid RG will put them in worse-than-2016 territory. This is the problem with the Bengals approach in FA. You're always relying on your draft picks to hit just to bring you back to your previous level rather than getting better.

[Image: 0*OGAQ-lBb1xKOTvOA.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not projected to go until the 4th rd. so it would not surprise me if he is not getting much interest yet. You'd think maybe letting Kentucky's Bud Dupree slip by them to go to Shitsburgh with the very next pick would wake them up to talent 90 minutes down the road....

Surprisingly Bengals do not go after the local surrounding area talent as much as one would think except at kicker and punter it seems. 

Odd to let fan favorites that are solid NFL talent go to other teams. 

Yet every year Buckeye, Kentucky, and Louisville players are never seriously considered it seems. 

Understand they can not be swayed solely by this, yet some of them are worthy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 03:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Surprisingly Bengals do not go after the local surrounding area talent as much as one would think except at kicker and punter it seems. 

Odd to let fan favorites that are solid NFL talent go to other teams. 

Yet every year Buckeye, Kentucky, and Louisville players are never seriously considered it seems. 

Understand they can not be swayed solely by this, yet some of them are worthy. 

I was screaming at the tv  when they let Bud Dupree go, and he was taken by Shitsburgh with the very next pick, because I knew that for years he is going to be a thorn in the Bengals side. Instead, we took Oggie....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not projected to go until the 4th rd. so it would not surprise me if he is not getting much interest yet. You'd think maybe letting Kentucky's Bud Dupree slip by them to go to Shitsburgh with the very next pick would wake them up to talent 90 minutes down the road....

(03-22-2017, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was screaming at the tv  when they let Bud Dupree go, and he was taken by Shitsburgh with the very next pick, because I knew that for years he is going to be a thorn in the Bengals side. Instead, we took Oggie....

Did Dupree finally play some this year?

Seriously guys if a Bengal first round pick (who was not a beloved UK Wildcat) Produced like Dupree has you all would be calling him a bust.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah one more promising tackle prospect would be nice. Someone who is versatile and could play interior as well would be even better.

Anyone know if Moton can play guard?

He can, and it's probably his better position for the Pros. Dude will punish people at RG. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was screaming at the tv  when they let Bud Dupree go, and he was taken by Shitsburgh with the very next pick, because I knew that for years he is going to be a thorn in the Bengals side. Instead, we took Oggie....

Don't remember the draft orders, but what about guys like Elvis Dumerville,  Bilal Powell, Calvin Pryor, Barnidge.....been a few out of the Ville too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't remember the draft orders, but what about guys like Elvis Dumerville,  Bilal Powell, Calvin Pryor, Barnidge.....been a few out of the Ville too.

Randall Cobb came out of Kentucky and has been great for the Packers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 12:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Randall Cobb came out of Kentucky and has been great for the Packers.

I remember hearing we really wanted Cobb.

That is what Urban was comparing Boyd to actually last year.

Even though Cobb is much faster with much better gamebreaking ability.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did Dupree finally play some this year?

Seriously guys if a Bengal first round pick (who was not a beloved UK Wildcat) Produced like Dupree has you all would be calling him a bust.

Are you kidding me? He's getting better and better... and naturally since he is with the Stealers he's getting dirtier and dirtier.....

Reply/Quote