Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we regret Trae Waynes?
(04-11-2020, 01:55 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Glenn didn't really have much support in the locker room. Usually players have disputes with coaches and the FO, but the players remain united. Glenn was on his own island. It was noted that he wouldn't even use the bathroom in the locker room. He would go into the entrance tunnel and use the bathroom there. He didn't want to walk through the locker room and deal with the stares from the other players.

He is still a FA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:57 AM)McC Wrote: He is still a FA.

Which should come as no surprise. Glenn is definitely one of those guys you'd want your own medical team to look at, plus you'd want to talk to him in person since he's left two teams on relatively bad terms.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:57 AM)McC Wrote: He is still a FA.

That says a lot... He plays a premiums position, and there's little interest. I was hoping other teams were paying attention when he was pulling his endless concussion last season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 10:04 AM)jason Wrote: That says a lot... He plays a premiums position, and there's little interest. I was hoping other teams were paying attention when he was pulling his endless concussion last season.
It looks like they were.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-confirm-free-agent-prize-231837034.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGMD61W8j_if9iyJi_m1wVTy8tts4gM_mTDvu95O_2QzMjYC4c4a_C_m2GQCRdxPAuc6FigBsBh9GmPnZlHR6f--LWqufblY0xDicITeR4f5NjoaxhpRCj5YCKQbRk7qw6g38kqASFml4UOCHJcpZ420cmTqGXqXwgyJXcGV8ehC
Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals spent big on cornerback Trae Waynes in free agency this past offseason.

He has yet to suit up this season — and won’t.

Earlier this week, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor confirmed Waynes won’t be activated to close the season. Meaning, the Bengals threw a three-year deal worth $42 million at him and won’t have anything to show for it.

Who remembers Antonio Bryant?

I personally think this dude got a free ride on Mikey this year. If folks remember; after we agreed to terms with Waynes he started complaining how players couldn't complete signing because of Covid restrictions and then as soon as we sign dude he "suffers injury".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who remembers Antonio Bryant?

Most people don't realize that Bryant had returned from his injury and played at a reasonably high level over the second half of the '09 season.  He had 91 yards against Atlanta and 110 against Carolina.

Then he could not even take a single snap in practice for the Bengals.  Sure seems like he re-injured himself at some point after the '09 season ended but before he was supposed to start training camp for the Bengals,

I bet Players hide injuries all the time, but it was just unfortunate that Bryant's were degenerative problems that ended his career.  Even though it sucks that Waynes re-injured (or new injured) himself, but there is no indication that it is a career-ending degenerative condition.
Reply/Quote
Wasnt Wayne's complaining about the Bengals not letting him sign the contract say he wouldnt work out to avoid injury?
Reply/Quote