Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we replace Bodine?
Since Alexander is gone will we replace Bodine this offseason? I'm going to guess we're going to draft a center high (2nd round) if one is there. I think with Alexander gone that Og, Fisher, and Bodine all will be gone/backups. You never know though. I thought Lewis was gone for sure this time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, with Ludwig Van shown the door, the "witch hunt" may now resume.  You never know, but replacing him is paramount to the success of the offense.  We'll see, I guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him gone. I do gotta wonder though, was he one of those square pegs they were trying to shove in a round hole?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd like to see him gone. I do gotta wonder though, was he one of those square pegs they were trying to shove in a round hole?

Anyone got his PFF for last two weeks?
Reply/Quote
I feel TJ Johnson could do just as well as Bodine and a draft pick or outside FA would be even better than both of them.
They better let Bodine walk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: Anyone got his PFF for last two weeks?

I don't pay for PFF Premium so I can't see that, but I do know he wasn't in the Top 5 Bengals (and therefore likely not 80+).
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-31-baltimore-ravens-27

The 5th Bengal for each game was 82-83, and Bodine wasn't in the list.

But I did see he graded 78.8 in the Bears game.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

Not in the Top 5 in the Vikings game and the 5th highest in that game for the Bengals was VRey with 78.2.
Similar situation for Browns and Steelers games in late Nov and early Dec.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
God I hope so.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Since Alexander is gone will we replace Bodine this offseason? I'm going to guess we're going to draft a center high (2nd round) if one is there. I think with Alexander gone that Og, Fisher, and Bodine all will be gone/backups. You never know though. I thought Lewis was gone for sure this time.

Fisher wasn't horrible I give him a pass dealing with heart issues.... see when he can come back.  Bodine contract is up might offer a 1 year deal to keep as a backup in case new Center doesn't work out.

Maybe the new OL Coach can fix him too... you never know.. the OL scheme changed and they looked okay at the end
Reply/Quote
I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Since Alexander is gone will we replace Bodine this offseason? I'm going to guess we're going to draft a center high (2nd round) if one is there. I think with Alexander gone that Og, Fisher, and Bodine all will be gone/backups. You never know though. I thought Lewis was gone for sure this time.

Everybody that followed this team at all the last 3 or so seasons knows what the problem is, Lazor knows, even Marv
knows. We need to draft a Center with our 2nd round pick just like you say Brownshoe. Price if he falls, Ragnow or
James Daniels C Iowa are my top guys right now.

Lazor needs to be able to implement HIS scheme and to do that he will need O-lineman that fit his scheme. I think
the biggest problem we have had for years with PA is that he drafts players that do not fit the scheme the team runs
which is downright insane. Bodine didn't fit the zone scheme we ran when we drafted him for heck sake.

But him, Og and Fisher all have played so bad that it doesn't even matter the scheme.

I said it in the other thread about Lazor but i am starting to believe that he is the one that asked PA and the O-line
to change up that zone blocking scheme that wasn't working. Doesn't sound like PA to adjust mid season honestly.
Reply/Quote
An upgrade there has to high on the priority list.
Reply/Quote
He's been a career back up since the day he was drafted. High reps on the bench press are great, but technique & lower body leverage are much more important for an interior offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
It is going to be interesting for sure to see which Offensive Lineman stay and which go. The guys that leave will be the "Paul Alexander" guys that Marvin disagreed with
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Everybody that followed this team at all the last 3 or so seasons knows what the problem is, Lazor knows, even Marv
knows. We need to draft a Center with our 2nd round pick just like you say Brownshoe. Price if he falls, Ragnow or

Lazor needs to be able to implement HIS scheme and to do that he will need O-lineman that fit his scheme. I think
the biggest problem we have had for years with PA is that he drafts players that do not fit the scheme the team runs
which is downright insane. Bodine didn't fit the zone scheme we ran when we drafted him for heck sake.

But him, Og and Fisher all have played so bad that it doesn't even matter the scheme.

I said it in the other thread about Lazor but i am starting to believe that he is the one that asked PA and the O-line
to change up that zone blocking scheme that wasn't working. Doesn't sound like PA to adjust mid season honestly.

This was the guy that said you couldn't coach guys during the season. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Everybody that followed this team at all the last 3 or so seasons knows what the problem is, Lazor knows, even Marv

I agree with you. I think Lazor told PA his scheme doesn't fit what he needed and PA threw a temper tantrum. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they told PA to go set in the corner and they would deal with him after the season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: This was the guy that said you couldn't coach guys during the season. Mellow

Yep same guy.

(01-04-2018, 02:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree with you. I think Lazor told PA his scheme doesn't fit what he needed and PA threw a temper tantrum. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they told PA to go set in the corner and they would deal with him after the season. 

Just makes more sense than PA making that change. Dude is the most stubborn bastid of all.

Plus i heard something that Lazor said about needing his own scheme. Just makes more sense.

Have to look at the Centers in this draft more carefully and go after the ones who play more directional, less zone as
this appears to be the scheme that Lazor likes and i like it. Price, Ragnow, Daniels are all good. Just have to study up
on them more to see which one fits the best. Price might not make it out of the first though.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep same guy.

Just makes more sense than PA making that change. Dude is the most stubborn bastid of all.

Plus i heard something that Lazor said about needing his own scheme. Just makes more sense.

Have to look at the Centers in this draft more carefully and go after the ones who play more directional, less zone as
this appears to be the scheme that Lazor likes and i like it. Price, Ragnow, Daniels are all good. Just have to study up
on them more to see which one fits the best. Price might not make it out of the first though.

Who are some of the centers and guards available in FA this year?  I see the tackle list isn't so great, but maybe we could upgrade in FA with interior players and draft tackle?

Reply/Quote
I like C Ryan Jensen from the Ravens. Sign him, and open up our options in the draft.
Reply/Quote
It can't be that hard to replace the worst lineman in the league.
Reply/Quote
Richburg from the giants is the premier center in free agency. still think this is the year we should invest in the future of the line and draft a blue chip prospect. This draft has some good prospects with Ragnow, Billy Price, Isaiah Wynn are all names that pop out as leaders of the pack.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote