Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we replace Bodine?
I don't know..perhaps Bodine's problems stemmed directly from PA and perhaps the next guy can light the fire under him to be great. We may or may not find out. If he returns and plays great then we'll know what the problem was all along. He'll probably be a center somewhere so unless he follows PA to wherever he goes we'll be able to figure out one way or another..
I think that the worst possible move for Russell Bodine would be to go to wherever PA goes.. 
Maybe PA will move on to piano concertos and hang up on football.. 
I have no ill will towards him as long as it has nothing to do with the Bengals..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't seen anything on Western Mich. site about Keenoy declaring.  (I'm guessing) He likely wants to complete his degree.

Cool, sounds like a good young man to boot.

If we don't get a Tackle in the first i would start looking at Okorafor soon after from Western Michigan, sleeper from that school
that i actually knew about unlike Keenoy. Just want O-line help now lol
Reply/Quote
Bodine has been ranked the worst Center in football both of the last two seasons and at least one more season. He always ranks near the bottom. No interest in seeing him out there ever again.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know..perhaps Bodine's problems stemmed directly from PA and perhaps the next guy can light the fire under him to be great. We may or may not find out. If he returns and plays great then we'll know what the problem was all along. He'll probably be a center somewhere so unless he follows PA to wherever he goes we'll be able to figure out one way or another..
I think that the worst possible move for Russell Bodine would be to go to wherever PA goes.. 
Maybe PA will move on to piano concertos and hang up on football.. 
I have no ill will towards him as long as it has nothing to do with the Bengals..

PA just didn't have a problem with coaching up players, he had a terrible eye for talent. Bodine never had much upside
coming out of college, shorter arms, was on the ground way too often, kept his arms low, no punch. If anything i would
think PA ruined him. He might be an okay backup on some team but i would take TJ Johnson over him anways here.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: Bodine has been ranked the worst Center in football both of the last two seasons and at least one more season. He always ranks near the bottom. No interest in seeing him out there ever again.

He's in the very least an above average backup, but yeah. He didn't fix his snapping problems until this year. Good guy to have on the bench, but not a great starter. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:06 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He's in the very least an above average backup, but yeah. He didn't fix his snapping problems until this year. Good guy to have on the bench, but not a great starter. 

If he's the worst center in the league, why is he a good backup?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would rather we be sober when making the pick

Drink up.

I'd be happy with a Weston Richburg or a Hudson in the second. Happier than looking for guys we think should be drafted after the fourth because we don't value the position, but don't work out.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Drink up.

Done.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:17 PM)N_B Wrote: If he's the worst center in the league, why is he a good backup?

The worst ranked starter should be in the top 40 or so in the league, right?  Assuming 2 centers on each team, 64 total, having a player ranked above 48th would mean having an above average backup.  Or are there just a ton of really good backups out there while this team is really bad at finding centers?  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't pay for PFF Premium so I can't see that, but I do know he wasn't in the Top 5 Bengals (and therefore likely not 80+).
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-31-baltimore-ravens-27

The 5th Bengal for each game was 82-83, and Bodine wasn't in the list.

But I did see he graded 78.8 in the Bears game.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

Not in the Top 5 in the Vikings game and the 5th highest in that game for the Bengals was VRey with 78.2.
Similar situation for Browns and Steelers games in late Nov and early Dec.

None of this matters. Bodine has been with the team for 4 seasons, his contract has expired, and while he may have the occasional decent game, we know what he is and can and cannot do. He and Ogbuehi compete for worst player on the offense almost each week.

Ross beat them both out the week he had his 1 touch with 1 fumble, then back to being injured. But other than that week, I think it was down to who was worse between Ogbuehi and Bodine.

Of course, Fisher is no longer in the running for worst.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: None of this matters. Bodine has been with the team for 4 seasons, his contract has expired, and while he may have the occasional decent game, we know what he is and can and cannot do. He and Ogbuehi compete for worst player on the offense almost each week.

Ross beat them both out the week he had his 1 touch with 1 fumble, then back to being injured. But other than that week, I think it was down to who was worse between Ogbuehi and Bodine.

Of course, Fisher is no longer in the running for worst.

I agree. I hope neither Bodine nor Ogbuehi are starting in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:17 PM)N_B Wrote: If he's the worst center in the league, why is he a good backup?

Starting center is more accurate. He's a satisfactory backup, but not really any better than TJ Johnson IMO, who is already on the roster for 2018.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Westerman can play Center.

He was compared to Alex Mack with intelligence coming out.

I would love to see Westerman to get a shot
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Starting center is more accurate. He's a satisfactory backup, but not really any better than TJ Johnson IMO, who is already on the roster for 2018.

I get where you're coming from, but I think if it more like this;

An above average backup is someone who can come in for a few games and not be a glaring problem i.e. He provides replacement level production.

At Bodine's level of "poor" according to PFF, he is much worse than replacement level. Hence, he's not an above average backup
Reply/Quote
Lets end this thread because no matter what anyone says this sack of shit should have never been a starter in the NFL.  With Center being such a vital position I just can't understand how they just ignore this guys performance.  The guy literally must have given Paul Alexander the best blow jobs of his life because Ive never seen a coach talk up such a worthless prospect.

[Image: back-back-from-whence-you-came.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:32 PM)N_B Wrote: I get where you're coming from, but I think if it more like this;

An above average backup is someone who can come in for a few games and not be a glaring problem i.e. He provides replacement level production.

At Bodine's level of "poor" according to PFF, he is much worse than replacement level.  Hence, he's not an above average backup

Unfortunately there aren't enough good centers in the league for there to be average or above that's riding the bench, especially not available to be picked up.
So unfortunately it might mean you're stuck with a level of "poor" for your backup.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unfortunately there aren't enough good centers in the league for there to be average or above that's riding the bench, especially not available to be picked up.
So unfortunately it might mean you're stuck with a level of "poor" for your backup.

Cedric would be a better center keep him as a backup

Reply/Quote
He's got to go n never return
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: Cedric would be a better center keep him as a backup

While I have a vast dislike for Russell Bodine, there's no way anyone sane can say that Cedric Ogbuehi would be a better center. Dude isn't even smart enough to put his hands up before the defender gets his hands into his chest. He couldn't handle line calls let alone actually have to block after snapping the ball.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I have a vast dislike for Russell Bodine, there's no way anyone sane can say that Cedric Ogbuehi would be a better center. Dude isn't even smart enough to put his hands up before the defender gets his hands into his chest. He couldn't handle line calls let alone actually have to block after snapping the ball.

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt". Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken[5] and is largely context-dependent

Reply/Quote