Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we replace Bodine?
(01-04-2018, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't pay for PFF Premium so I can't see that, but I do know he wasn't in the Top 5 Bengals (and therefore likely not 80+).
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-31-baltimore-ravens-27

The 5th Bengal for each game was 82-83, and Bodine wasn't in the list.

But I did see he graded 78.8 in the Bears game.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

Not in the Top 5 in the Vikings game and the 5th highest in that game for the Bengals was VRey with 78.2.
Similar situation for Browns and Steelers games in late Nov and early Dec.

Yea I was trying to get a comparison of pre blocking changes and post just to get an idea if it made a decent difference and if there is hope. I don't want him to be the only option, but he is the kind of back up good teams would want that can come in and compete but fill in when needed.
Reply/Quote
I noted it in another thread - the joint presser with Marvin and Lazor made it pretty clear it was Lazor who got the blocking scheme changed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea I was trying to get a comparison of pre blocking changes and post just to get an idea if it made a decent difference and if there is hope. I don't want him to be the only option, but he is the kind of back up good teams would want that can come in and compete but fill in when needed.

Yea I can definitely understand that but TJ Johnson was just as good if not better than Bodine when he played at C over the years, plus TJ is already under contract for 2018. Why not have TJ Johnson as the backup and let Bodine walk?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who are some of the centers and guards available in FA this year?  I see the tackle list isn't so great, but maybe we could upgrade in FA with interior players and draft tackle?

As these guys say, Jensen and Richburg are the two best Centers.

Norwell is the Guard i want if we go Guard.

(01-04-2018, 03:22 PM)OB1 Wrote: I like C Ryan Jensen from the Ravens. Sign him, and open up our options in the draft.

(01-04-2018, 03:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Richburg from the giants is the premier center in free agency.  still think this is the year we should invest in the future of the line and draft a blue chip prospect.  This draft has some good prospects with Ragnow, Billy Price, Isaiah Wynn are all names that pop out as leaders of the pack.

Jensen only has one year of production but he was the higher rated of the two this season.

Isaiah Wynn is my favorite Guard in this draft besides Quentin Nelson honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I noted it in another thread - the joint presser with Marvin and Lazor made it pretty clear it was Lazor who got the blocking scheme changed.

Yeah, i got nailed for just thinking this yesterday so i was a bit hesitant.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get this walking dumpster out of stripes.
Reply/Quote
The fact that Jefro's daddy Paul was sent packing gives me hope that we might end up with a new C.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: The fact that Jefro's daddy Paul was sent packing gives me hope that we might end up with a new C.

:andy: Dalton approves.
Reply/Quote
Can only hope they replace Bodine and hopefully pacman too.

Believe a good center would make a world of difference for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:22 PM)OB1 Wrote: I like C Ryan Jensen from the Ravens. Sign him, and open up our options in the draft.

I'd say that the Ravens will likely want to re-sign Jensen.

(01-04-2018, 03:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Richburg from the giants is the premier center in free agency.  still think this is the year we should invest in the future of the line and draft a blue chip prospect.  This draft has some good prospects with Ragnow, Billy Price, Isaiah Wynn are all names that pop out as leaders of the pack.

Negative on Richburg.  He's another "finesse" type, only decent at Pass Pro, weak in run blocking.  I'd hate to see him going against those 3-4 NTs in our division.

As good as Billy Price has looked is as bad as Billy Price has looked at times.  As a lifelong Buckeye fan, I can't see the hype.  He's definitely no Pat Elfein.  I'd much rather go with the massive Ragnow.  He's played against some fantastic DL, on a weekly basis, for his entire college career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that the Ravens will likely want to re-sign Jensen.

Negative on Richburg.  He's another "finesse" type, only decent at Pass Pro, weak in run blocking.  I'd hate to see him going against those 3-4 NTs in our division.

As good as Billy Price has looked is as bad as Billy Price has looked at times.  As a lifelong Buckeye fan, I can't see the hype.  He's definitely no Pat Elfein.  I'd much rather go with the massive Ragnow.  He's played against some fantastic DL, on a weekly basis, for his entire college career.

The Ravens would be dumb to let Jensen go into FA that is for sure after his first year of real production.

Makes complete sense on Richburg, no finesse types anymore please.

Man i saw a few great run blocks by Price this year but you are right, he then had a bunch of bad plays as well.

Think he might be getting overhyped and Ragnow has been around for years, he is my top Center now and like Daniels C Iowa too.
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize Bodine's contract was up.

My guess: we re-sign him for next to nothing and draft one late (fifth or later). We probably pick up an UDFA to compete in camp. Out of the 2-3, we take the best two with the idea we spend a couple years grooming the second best.

Id love to take one high, but I doubt it happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Id love to take one high, but I doubt it happens.

I would rather we be sober when making the pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Ravens would be dumb to let Jensen go into FA that is for sure after his first year of real production.

Makes complete sense on Richburg, no finesse types anymore please.

Man i saw a few great run blocks by Price this year but you are right, he then had a bunch of bad plays as well.

Think he might be getting overhyped and Ragnow has been around for years, he is my top Center now and like Daniels C Iowa too.

Well, if the Bengals don't go high for a Center this year, one to watch for in 2019 is John Keenoy from Western Michigan.  I watched him play against Ohio State, as a Freshman in '15, he was by far their best OL.  I just looked him up, he's ranked 12th out of 73 qualifying Centers, and was on the Rimmington watch list this season.  Not huge, 6'2" 300, but the guy can move some people.  That old phrase about "low man, quick man always wins"?  He gets under bigger guys and drives them.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I believe it'll be Bengal like to resign Bodine, I think Cedric o will be gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I didn't realize Bodine's contract was up.

My guess: we re-sign him for next to nothing and draft one late (fifth or later). We probably pick up an UDFA to compete in camp. Out of the 2-3, we take the best two with the idea we spend a couple years grooming the second best.

Id love to take one high, but I doubt it happens.

We sure have been Bengalized over the years. Wanting a Center early in every draft for like the last ten years.

Hopefully this is the year with PA gone and Bodine his class pet having his contract up?

Would think Lazor would like his QB to actually be able to step into a pocket so he can run his plays?

(01-04-2018, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would rather we be sober when making the pick

Yeah don't want to be too stoned at the time.

(01-04-2018, 08:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, if the Bengals don't go high for a Center this year, one to watch for in 2019 is John Keenoy from Western Michigan.  I watched him play against Ohio State, as a Freshman in '15, he was by far their best OL.  I just looked him up, he's ranked 12th out of 73 qualifying Centers, and was on the Rimmington watch list this season.  Not huge, 6'2" 300, but the guy can move some people.  That old phrase about "low man, quick man always wins"?  He gets under bigger guys and drives them.

Sounds like a nice prospect if we don't take one this year. Still will depress me if we don't grab a Center in FA or the draft this year. Sad
Reply/Quote
I wonder just how much of ceds and blodines suckiness is on them or the coaching? Maybe a coach who plays to their strengths might get something out of them.

Of course it was hard to type this with a straight face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a nice prospect if we don't take one this year. Still will depress me if we don't grab a Center in FA or the draft this year. Sad

Yeah, I was hoping that he was draft eligible this year.  But, he's an old school throwback.  Technically sound, lower body strong, and scrappy as hell.  Everything that you look for in a classic, aggressive offensive lineman.  Speaking of, that OL coach at Western might be a decent prospect for the Bengals to look at.  They have a history of putting out OL to the NFL, and they definitely run a traditional pro set.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I was hoping that he was draft eligible this year.  But, he's an old school throwback.  Technically sound, lower body strong, and scrappy as hell.  Everything that you look for in a classic, aggressive offensive lineman.  Speaking of, that OL coach at Western might be a decent prospect for the Bengals to look at.  They have a history of putting out OL to the NFL, and they definitely run a traditional pro set.

Really sounds like the type we need, too bad we couldn't get him now.

Great thought on the Western Michigan coach, he also coached up Okorafor the OT correct?

Heard this guy as a possibility for us as well and he is in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really sounds like the type we need, too bad we couldn't get him now.

Great thought on the Western Michigan coach, he also coached up Okorafor the OT correct?

Heard this guy as a possibility for us as well and he is in this draft.

I haven't seen anything on Western Mich. site about Keenoy declaring.  (I'm guessing) He likely wants to complete his degree.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote