Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Reiff
(09-06-2021, 06:54 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Look at what Bill Calhoun did for the Browns OL. From one of the worst OLs to one of the best in a year. Frank Pollack can turn our OL into an average unit. OL coach is the most important position coach in football because OL play is so much about technique and communication. I think we will see what a shit coach Jim Turner is this season.

Didn’t they also spend a lot of money on the offensive line? Jack Conklin (trying to remember off the top of my head but it was a guy from Tennessee). And maybe some others or draft picks too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 03:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I could be wrong I looked up him and Spain's career on Wikipedia. So not sure how much of a trusted that is for sports. But on there it looked like a lot of him not playing 16 games was because he was a backup who then came in to fill in for another injured player.

Some of it was injuries, some of it was him being a backup.

Neither are comforting, and the injuries are definitely plentiful enough to be concerned about.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Get out there AND BLOCK TODAY for Burrow and Mixon. COME ON, WIN THIS ONE.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 06:54 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Look at what Bill Calhoun did for the Browns OL. From one of the worst OLs to one of the best in a year. Frank Pollack can turn our OL into an average unit. OL coach is the most important position coach in football because OL play is so much about technique and communication. I think we will see what a shit coach Jim Turner is this season.

Callahan is an excellent o-line coach, there’s no doubt. Cleveland has also assembled a Top 3 o line. There’s arguably no Bengal that starts for Cleveland’s line. Cleveland has invested in their lines and voila, they’re a Playoff contender. The Bengals will not be a Playoff team until they improve their own lines.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I thought Hopkins was our worst olineman today and that's a good thing. For the last couple years he's been average and our best.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We really did not generate as well on line today ,mixon had alot of yards after contact , 5 sacks and just 366 yards in 4 1/2 quarters but we did better with bigger plays downfield and runs..but better improve for bears defense which is much better than minn. Very excited how Defense played with pressure on Cousins
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:46 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Callahan is an excellent o-line coach, there’s no doubt.  Cleveland has also assembled a Top 3 o line.  There’s arguably no Bengal that starts for Cleveland’s line.  Cleveland has invested in their lines and voila, they’re a Playoff contender.  The Bengals will not be a Playoff team until they improve their own lines.

I would argue Jonah Williams Riley rein could start on Cleveland line.

The problems we had with our line was not our tackles.
Hopkins is bad.  He really never was really good just better than what we have and.
Now that the RT and LT are secured defenses find a better place to get home.

Trey Hill may be our starting center by the end of the year.

I think Jackson Carmen and Treyn Hill will be starters by week 5-6.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:33 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would argue Jonah Williams Riley rein could start on Cleveland line.

The problems we had with our line was not our tackles.
Hopkins is bad.  He really never was really good just better than what we have and.
Now that the RT and LT are secured defenses find a better place to get home.

Trey Hill may be our starting center by the end of the year.

I think Jackson Carmen and Treyn Hill will be starters by week 5-6.

Jonah would definitely start on that Cleveland OL. Wasn’t he the starting LT at Alabama when him and Wills were both there? Or am I off on the years?

Reply/Quote