Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF Finalist!
Willie and Munoz would make for a nice pairing of Bengal OL in the HoF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lord knows he deserves it, but anti-Bengal bias runs strong.

Nice to see him get this far though.

I think about this as well and hope it isn't true. If Willie gets in, it would be huge for the Bengals getting respect as an organization. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think about this as well and hope it isn't true. If Willie gets in, it would be huge for the Bengals getting respect as an organization. 

No doubt. It's ridiculous that we only have one guy in there, and that's only because they would've looked ridiculous not putting Anthony in. We have some very deserving guys. Namely Ken Riley, Kenny Anderson, Willie Anderson, and CD.

I'd also throw Chad in based off of his peak.

If Willie gets in, maybe the other guys start getting looks. Then this franchise will have more prestige. We could go worldwide.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. It's ridiculous that we only have one guy in there, and that's only because they would've looked ridiculous not putting Anthony in. We have some very deserving guys. Namely Ken Riley, Kenny Anderson, Willie Anderson, and CD.

I'd also throw Chad in based off of his peak.

If Willie gets in, maybe the other guys start getting looks. Then this franchise will have more prestige. We could go worldwide.

I agree with you on all accounts and I'm surprised Dillon isn't in since he had good fortune with the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
For the fan vote, Willie currently has 6,209 votes. Reggie Wayne, who I think gets in because he played with Manning and is an awesome WR, has over 18,000.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Willie gets in, maybe the other guys start getting looks. Then this franchise will have more prestige. We could go worldwide.

Prestige worldwide, indeed.

Congrats on getting to top 15 Willie !
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Big Willie getting at least an opportunity. He certainly deserves a good look. But so does Anderson and The Rattler.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:44 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I agree with you on all accounts and I'm surprised Dillon isn't in since he had good fortune with the Patriots.

Not only that, but he was an absolute maniac on some horrendous teams.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not only that, but he was an absolute maniac on some horrendous teams.

and still a top 20 NFL all time leading yards rusher.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 09:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and still a top 20 NFL all time leading yards rusher.

Yes!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say that's a weak group. Big Willie is as qualified as any minus Holt.

I think if the NFL properly valued all OL outside of LT, then Willie might even be the top guy. Its so crazy how little recognition is given to RTs. 
Reply/Quote
Big Willie is one of my all time favs, hoping he gets inducted.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Get in there and vote folks.  Willie is behind.  I voted for the 4 I thought most deserved it and Willie had half the votes of the others I voted for.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:09 AM)Stewy Wrote: Get in there and vote folks.  Willie is behind.  I voted for the 4 I thought most deserved it and Willie had half the votes of the others I voted for.

Does the fan vote really matter for the HOF?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does the fan vote really matter for the HOF?

No.  It's just a sweepstakes thing they have been doing for a few years.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

Quote:Who Selects New Hall of Fame Members?

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's 49-person Selection Committee is charged with the vital task of continuing to ensure that new enshrinees are the finest the Game has produced.

The Committee consists of one media representative from each pro football city — with two from New York and two from Los Angeles, as those cities each have two teams in the National Football League. There are 17 at-large Selectors, who are active members of the media or persons intricately involved in professional football, including one representative of the Pro Football Writers of America. All appointments are open-ended and approved annually by a majority vote of the Hall of Fame's Board of Trustees. 

The Selection Committee meets annually on the Saturday before the Super Bowl (or another date prior to Super Bowl weekend) to elect new members of the Hall of Fame. There is no set number of new enshrinees, but the Committee’s current ground rules do stipulate that between four and eight new members will be selected each year.  Every candidate is thoroughly reviewed and must receive approval from at least 80% of the full Committee to be elected.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
We all know he isn't getting in...
Reply/Quote
What I really hate hearing is every time one of our guys gets nominated and snubbed, the great players they played against come out and say they thought they were already in. Pittsburgh's Mel Blount said he was embarrassed to be in when he found out Kenny Riley was not. Now Michael Strahan said he thought Big Willie was already in. Elizabeth (if she's reading this board) needs to start a promotion campaign of all the HOF worthy Bengals who have been snubbed and get that info out of Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does the fan vote really matter for the HOF?

(01-01-2022, 12:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No.  It's just a sweepstakes thing they have been doing for a few years.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

Ok good.
Reply/Quote
So, what can we do to help him get in?

I’m not super optimistic about his chances, but I think we’d all love to see it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote