Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilson signs 4 year extension
(08-04-2023, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or his deal is done and they know how much they have to spend on lb

1000% this
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Keeping a top WR on a cheap deal as long as possible is a reallly good way to ruin your relationship with them.

Until you extend him for big bucks. Sorry to ruin your morbid take. But they are keeping both.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or his deal is done and they know how much they have to spend on lb

Are you suggesting JB has agreed to a contract and no one knows about it? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says who? We have chase for up to 3 more years before we have to extend him. We can get Higgins done this year. There is so much separation between their deals their contracts might hardly impact each other.

That's exactly what's happening. Staggering pay days and banking on cap increases. I think this points to a long term for #9, with a lot of guaranteed dollars.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This is the Burrow effect because there’s no way in hell that’s his market value

I know he’s not a damn guy but i expected at least 16 per
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting JB has agreed to a contract and no one knows about it? 

Honestly i suspect this. His deal is done so we’re trying to get everyone else done so we can announce his last
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Figured Wilson would be a lot more than Pratt, but glad they got it done.

As soon as they let Bell go, extending him became an even larger priority. Just hope they did a real thorough physical on his right shoulder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting JB has agreed to a contract and no one knows about it? 

They’ve run the numbers on everybody. I’d venture to say Joe has been as involved in all this as much as player in history. Nobody knows about it because nobody’s talking.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Crazy take...

Tee's agent is holding everything up. What if Burrow said, "sign Logan and Tee and we can make my deal work around theirs", and Mulugheta is the one pushing Tee's too far? This is highly unlikely but if any QB would do this, I could see it being Joe.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 11:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Crazy take...

Tee's agent is holding everything up.  What if Burrow said, "sign Logan and Tee and we can make my deal work around theirs", and Mulugheta is the one pushing Tee's too far?  This is highly unlikely but if any QB would do this, I could see it being Joe.

All Speculation, my speculation is Higgins wants #1 $$ and maybe a bit more than Bengals want to give or could be a debate on years and breakdown .. I don;t think it was ever about Burrow waiting, besides Burrow's contract is the one that most others will be impacted by
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 12:02 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: All Speculation, my speculation is Higgins wants #1 $$ and maybe a bit more than Bengals want to give or could be a debate on years and breakdown .. I don;t think it was ever about Burrow waiting, besides Burrow's contract is the one that most others will be impacted by

I have no doubt Mulugheta is pushing for all he can.  Like I said, my comment was just a hot take.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 11:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Crazy take...

Tee's agent is holding everything up. What if Burrow said, "sign Logan and Tee and we can make my deal work around theirs", and Mulugheta is the one pushing Tee's too far? This is highly unlikely but if any QB would do this, I could see it being Joe.

That was always looming. Agents can be replaced. Tee’s the boss. Tee’s out here. I don’t think Logan’s gets done if the others haven’t been slotted. JMO

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:30 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What an amazing deal. Thought he would want top money but his contract didn't even make him a Top 5. C.J. Mosley is fifth earning 17 millions per year while Tremaine Edmunds is fourth at 18 millions. Congrats Tobin and staff.

From what I read, Wilson will be tied for the 11th highest paid. We have 2 Lbers that kickass!
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 12:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That was always looming. Agents can be replaced. Tee’s the boss. Tee’s out here. I don’t think Logan’s gets done if the others haven’t been slotted. JMO

Tee is not replacing Mulugheta, he is loved by the players.

Reply/Quote
Love this as Wilson has been great for the D since he arrived.

I hope they can sign Tee but I think you are crazy if you think they are signing Tee and letting Chase go. There’s no way Burrow would be OK with that so I am about 100% sure Chase isn’t going anywhere. Hopefully they can make the contracts work for both of them.
The key guys who I think won’t be getting extended are pretty obvious: Reader and Boyd. I just think they will be the odd men out and they will both be able to get more $ from another team.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Keeping a top WR on a cheap deal as long as possible is a reallly good way to ruin your relationship with them.

It's almost like you don't understand how extensions work. It starts AFTER rhe deal he is on expires. Though you can get the signing bonus (or a pro-rated pirtion) ASAP. 

Chase waa the 5th pick, he isn't that cheap. His is making $8.4 this year and that 5th year option in 2025 will be sizeable. 
Reply/Quote
That is a goo deal for the team on Wilson. Most of the $$$ is before Burrow's & Chase are both extended.
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals have spent 21 million for 3 years of Pratt and up to 37.25 million for 4 years of Wilson (in addition to this current year, so probably total of 5 year, 40 million or so).

At worst, that's ~9.3 million dollars per year for Wilson. It's 8 million per year if you account for his 2023 salary and it may be lower than that given the "up to" language in the tweet. Maybe it ends up being 4 year 35 million or 4 year 32 million, depending on what those up to figures are.

So, at it's highest value (only considering the 4 year extension itself as new money) that's, on average, 16.3 million dollars for Pratt and Wilson for the next 3 years at least.

Roquan Smith signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract, 20 million AAV.

Tremaine Edwards signed a 4 year 72 million dollar contract, 18 million AAV.

I think we got a pretty good deal haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 11:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’ve run the numbers on everybody. I’d venture to say Joe has been as involved in all this as much as player in history. Nobody knows about it because nobody’s talking.

Nobody knows yet you’re able to tell us all about it.
Reply/Quote
Pratt and Wilson have been a great duo.  Congratulations to both of them on getting paid!  It has been really enjoyable watching those guys hold down the LB position.
Reply/Quote