Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilson signs 4 year extension
(08-04-2023, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting JB has agreed to a contract and no one knows about it? 

The perimeters maybe. If not, with the extension of Hendrickson that saved no cap space and extension of Wilson could signal the Burrow deal isn’t getting done this offseason. Why make any of these moves until you know how much it’s going to take to extend Burrow.  

I think whatever happens the Burrow deal / no deal looks to be settled given the non Tee extensions. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 07:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1687596624179249154?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

Get in great news.

Now please get Burrow sorted and put our minds at rest LOL

Frickin' awesome man!!! Rock On

Needless to say this makes me extremely happy and I didn't know if it would happen after the Pratt deal and us supposedly wanting 
to extend Tee. I think if we can get a deal done for DJ Reader it would be best for the team as a whole. I love Tee, but if he is wanting
too much to where it hurts the trenches, that would hurt the team. We know how to draft WR's, been a long time coming for us to draft
some good Linebackers like Pratt and Wilson. Highly doubt we can find another DJ Reader in the Draft late in the 1st round.

Anyways, all us Wyomingites are happy folk today for our brother Logan Wilson!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
I really like the way they have been working all these deals in media silence. No disrespectful verbiage, and apparently a lot of good thinking by ownership and constructive/ sacrificial stances by players.

I can't help but think the really hard one is going to be Tee - given his overall improvement as a player - which I think will rise to a very scary level this year - and his agent's effectiveness in getting his players the best deal.

We are going to sign Burrow. If we could get Tee and Reader, I would be blown away. I don't see how they do it, but the team's approach seems to have been amazing so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:03 PM)3wt Wrote: I really like the way they have been working all these deals in media silence.   No disrespectful verbiage, and apparently a lot of good thinking by ownership and constructive/ sacrificial stances by players.  

I can't help but think the really hard one is going to be Tee - given his overall improvement as a player - which I think will rise to a very scary level this year - and his agent's effectiveness in getting his players the best deal.

We are going to sign Burrow.  If we could get Tee and Reader, I would be blown away.   I don't see how they do it, but the team's approach seems to have been amazing so far.

The way they have been doing things it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we got deals done with DJ and Tee after getting Burrow paid.

Crazy to think for us Bengal fans. What world are we living on here again?Say What
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The way they have been doing things it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we got deals done with DJ and Tee after getting Burrow paid.

Crazy to think for us Bengal fans. What world are we living on here again?Say What

I think this signals this is the end of any doubt about how well Katie would run the team. I remember debating what it would be like years ago on here. Gotta get Joe signed, but these have been solid deals for solid players. You need those types to win games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
its official

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
In terms of the contract to do list:

1. Gotta Happen: Burrow
2. Would love to happen: Reader, Higgins
3. Let's see what happens: Chido, Boyd
4. I doubt anything happens, but you never know: Jonah
Reply/Quote
I just find it fascinating that most people (including me) thought Burrow would be first. But we have gotten a Mixon restructure, a Hendrickson extension, and a Wilson extension first. I think a lot of the speculation about a deal being essentially done with Burrow or Burrow possibly leveraging his contract situation to ensure the others are locked up BEFORE he signs come out of this surprising fact. And I think such speculation is well founded.

The team flat out stated Burrow's deal would come first/be the #1 priority, and we already have 3 high profile/big ticket guys done before him.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 01:23 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It's almost like you don't understand how extensions work. It starts AFTER rhe deal he is on expires. Though you can get the signing bonus (or a pro-rated pirtion) ASAP. 

Chase waa the 5th pick, he isn't that cheap. His is making $8.4 this year and that 5th year option in 2025 will be sizeable. 

I may be wrong, but don't think teams can discuss extensions of 1st round pick until year 4 of rookie contract.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I may be wrong, but don't think teams can discuss extensions of 1st round pick until year 4 of rookie contract.

Year 3.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think this signals this is the end of any doubt about how well Katie would run the team. I remember debating what it would be like years ago on here. Gotta get Joe signed, but these have been solid deals for solid players. You need those types to win games.

For sure, thank God Katie knows what she is doing, I bet the Joe Burrow deal is even a bit of a surprise length wise or in some other way.

We will see, sure would like to see Joe signed to a lengthy contract similar to Mahomes. 12 year extension or something would be awesome.

I don't go into specifics like a lot of guys on here, but Katie knows how to crunch the numbers and make things work.

Night and day from when her Dad was running things.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Again please focus. I’ve not made one comment about Joe’s contract or injury.. Stay on topic

I wasn’t commenting on that so it’s ironic you’re telling me to focus.

(08-04-2023, 11:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’ve run the numbers on everybody. I’d venture to say Joe has been as involved in all this as much as player in history. Nobody knows about it because nobody’s talking.

Read what I put in bold for you to focus on. You suggested Burrow is more involved in all this than any player in history. Then in literally back-to-back sentences you stated no one knows because no one is talking. Meaning you don’t know. It’s just more unsubstantiated speculation without evidence you try to pass off as fact.

If no one is talking as you claim, you would need to be a psychic like Ms. Cleo to know what you claim no one knows. Ms. Cleo was a total fraud by the way.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:21 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think this signals this is the end of any doubt about how well Katie would run the team. I remember debating what it would be like years ago on here. Gotta get Joe signed, but these have been solid deals for solid players. You need those types to win games.

I agree. I remember watching the Andre Smith negotiations on Hard Knocks thinking the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. But, it has been a complete 180 under her leadership.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I may be wrong, but don't think teams can discuss extensions of 1st round pick until year 4 of rookie contract.

At the end of the 3rd year is when the team must declare weather they're taking the 5th year option, so I would assume that is when extension talks are permitted to begin.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 05:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wasn’t commenting on that so it’s ironic you’re telling me to focus.

Read what I put in bold for you to focus on. You suggested Burrow is more involved in all this than any player in history. Then in literally back-to-back sentences you stated no one knows because no one is talking. Meaning you don’t know. It’s just more unsubstantiated speculation without evidence you try to pass off as fact.

If no one is talking as you claim, you would need to be a psychic like Ms. Cleo to know what you claim no one knows. Ms. Cleo was a total fraud by the way.

Opinion my friend. When I have sourced info I’ll let you know. But those alerts must be driving you crazy today you are responding to my posts quicker than a rat up a drain pipe. 6 in 24 hours
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I just find it fascinating that most people (including me) thought Burrow would be first. But we have gotten a Mixon restructure, a Hendrickson extension, and a Wilson extension first. I think a lot of the speculation about a deal being essentially done with Burrow or Burrow possibly leveraging his contract situation to ensure the others are locked up BEFORE he signs come out of this surprising fact. And I think such speculation is well founded.

The team flat out stated Burrow's deal would come first/be the #1 priority, and we already have 3 high profile/big ticket guys done before him.

I agree. Remember MB and JB talking about a pact they made not to talk about Joe's contract situation. That to me opened up a boatload of speculation possibilities.... Just for the record, I think DJ will be offered a 2 year contract next offseason, Chido and Boyd will be gone.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 07:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree. Remember MB and JB talking about a pact they made not to talk about Joe's contract situation. That to me opened up a boatload of speculation possibilities.... Just for the record, I think DJ will be offered a 2 year contract next offseason, Chido and Boyd will be gone.

Boyd should be gone.  We cant afford to give Burrow a big contract, Tee a big contract, have Chase coming up to a new contract and pay our #3 WR 11 million per year.  It's just not economically feasible.
Reply/Quote
I just watched Wilson's highlight video, he has come up big in quite a few games. I had forgot he punched the ball out of Huntley's hands at the goal line and Hubbard was off to the races last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 08:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just watched Wilson's highlight video, he has come up big in quite a few games. I had forgot he punched the ball out of Huntley's hands at the goal line and Hubbard was off to the races last season.

May have seen the video you saw. Was just ok YouTube watching his shit and it’s amazing how great a fundamental tackler he is. He also has ELITE pass coverage instincts. I actually think he’s get more picks if Lou allowed him to do his own thing more.
-Housh
Reply/Quote