Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win OverDenver Was Huge, 2014 Was A Good Season
I just saw NFL Films 2014 Bengals Highlight Film on TV last night. It's been months and I forgot how big that Prime Time win over Peyton Manning Denver was to put us in the play-offs. The film raved about Andy Daltons good arm and showed some very nice TD passes, and raved about Dalton being the only Bengal QB ever to have 4 straight winning seasons. Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason or Carson Palmer never did it. Plus they mentioned Dalton has started every game since drafted in 2011. ....They mentioned that Bengals lost in play-offs to Colts with most of their starting receivers injured and unable to play in the game, so the Bengals had no chance. The film says in no way does that take away from Bengals having a good season, with only 5 teams having more wins in the NFL and 4 straight winning seasons for first time in Bengals history. Film also says since this team has a lot of youth, the future could be very bright in Cincinnati. ....Now Peyton Manning had 5 minutes to bring the Broncos back, but was picked by Kirkpatrick, and wouldn't it be great if that top pick is now becoming a solid veteran.

In 2011 we had that nice win over Cardinals to help get us in. In 2012 we had that GREAT win over Steelers knocking them out and putting us in right before Christmas. A great defensive game 10 to 10 and then either Hall or Nelson picked the ball, Dalton to Green setting up game winning field goal by the kicker replacing injured Nugent. I Loved It. There were nice wins in 2013, maybe over Packers and Patriots. That win in Prime Time over Denver in 2014 was great. OK, no play-off wins and were you really expecting any Dalton's first 2 years. The loss to Chargers in Cincy hurt, but they had no chance at Indy with all the injuries. ....but you can't take away the 4 straight winning seasons or the big wins to get to the play-offs.

If you get a chance to see the 2014 season NFL Films highlights, I recommend it. Not that cheap cheezy home made stuff on YouTube, but the official highlight film. Any Bengal Fan will enjoy it and since months have past, it will remind you that this is a pretty darn good team worth getting excited about going into 2015. ( I think I saw this on ESPN, but could have been NFL Network )
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It was a good TEAM win. As for Dalton, he actually showed better and made big time throws in the NE and Pitt primetime games. We lost those games so his play will be forgotten. But he played a much more significant role on offense in those games. The Denver game if anything was the Hill show.

Unless you focus on Daltons work in the read, which was strong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dre K. all day.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: It was a good TEAM win. As for Dalton, he actually showed better and made big time throws in the NE and Pitt primetime games. We lost those games so his play will be forgotten. But  he played a much more significant role on offense in those games. The Denver game if anything was the Hill show.

Unless you focus on Daltons work in the read, which was strong.

He owned 2 of the best OLBs in the NFL that week
Reply/Quote
Definitely one of our best performances last season.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
One of my all time favorite games Ive been able to attend. That early Dalton pick sent the my section into a frenzy until J Hill broke that big one.

Need to check for that show, good looking out.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:29 PM)kevin Wrote: I just saw NFL Films 2014 Bengals Highlight Film on TV last night.  It's been months and I forgot how big that Prime Time win over Peyton Manning Denver was to put us in the play-offs.

Manning was crippled for crying out loud. Rod (Toast) Jones could have pwned Peyton on that night.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:42 PM)Utts Wrote: Manning was crippled for crying out loud. Rod (Toast) Jones could have pwned Peyton on that night.

And that's how the fight started...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:42 PM)Utts Wrote: Manning was crippled for crying out loud. Rod (Toast) Jones could have pwned Peyton on that night.

Then why did he still have above a 60% completion percentage? Why was the game close?

Let's not act like CJ Anderson didn't have a decent game. Thomas had a very good game.

But hey, Green was also hurt. So both team's best offensive weapons were hurt.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And that's how the fight started...

I'll never understand why they let blatant trolls stick around
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:29 PM)kevin Wrote: I just saw NFL Films 2014 Bengals Highlight Film on TV last night.  It's been months and I forgot how big that Prime Time win over Peyton Manning Denver was to put us in the play-offs.  The film raved about Andy Daltons good arm and showed some very nice TD passes, and raved about Dalton being the only Bengal QB ever to have 4 straight winning seasons. Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason or Carson Palmer never did it. Plus they mentioned Dalton has started every game since drafted in 2011. ....They mentioned that Bengals lost in play-offs to Colts with most of their starting receivers injured and unable to play in the game, so the Bengals had no chance. The film says in no way does that take away from Bengals having a good season, with only 5 teams having more wins in the NFL  and 4 straight winning seasons for first time in Bengals history. Film also says since this team has a lot of youth, the future could be very bright in Cincinnati. ....Now Peyton Manning had 5 minutes to bring the Broncos back, but was picked by Kirkpatrick, and wouldn't it be great if that top pick is now becoming a solid veteran.

One other point I need to make since I am the designated "cup half empty" guy around here... These team videos are marketed first and foremost to fans of the team being highlighted. Go watch some of the videos from the lost decade, and you'll come away thinking any of those 4-12 teams was just a couple players away from making a Super Bowl push. lol

That being said obviously it was a good season. They had no chance at the end of the season with all those injuries, but given the way they've squandered opportunity during this winning stretch - that doesn't provide much solace. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll never understand why they let blatant trolls stick around

Don't blame the messenger. It's pure fantasy to portray that evening as some magnificent domination of Peyton Manning under the bright bright prime time lights. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:51 PM)Utts Wrote: One other point I need to make since I am the designated "cup half empty" guy around here... These team videos are marketed first and foremost to fans of the team being highlighted. Go watch some of the videos from the lost decade, and you'll come away thinking any of those 4-12 teams was just a couple players away from making a Super Bowl push. lol

That being said obviously it was a good season. They had no chance at the end of the season with all those injuries, but given the way they've squandered opportunity during this winning stretch - that doesn't provide much solace. 

They have the cheerios and you have the piss!! Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Then why did he still have above a 60% completion percentage? Why was the game close?

Let's not act like CJ Anderson didn't have a decent game. Thomas had a very good game.

But hey, Green was also hurt. So both team's best offensive weapons were hurt.

What do CJ Anderson and Green have to do with my argument that Manning was playing hurt? That's right ... nothing.

As for his completion percentage, that just kind of proves MY point that we didn't by any means dominate Peyton Manning that night. What we did was keep the game close by mugging an injured QB. There's nothing wrong with that either, teams suffer due to injuries all the time. Just don't try to spin it like we dominated a healthy Manning.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They have the cheerios and you have the piss!! Ninja

Ninja emoticon. Well played, well played.
Reply/Quote
I also liked the Hill runs, Whitworth firing the team up, I'm a huge Whitworth fan .....It showed we have a good O Line.....Some nice catches by Sanu.....a good defense.....I enjoyed the film.....and I think we are going to be even better in 2015 with MJ back and Packers Hawk. Hill and Gio could be like Dillon and James Brooks on same team....We have never really had AJ, Hill, Sanu and Eifert healthy and on their game at same time....The D could be Super Bowl worthy....The best, is yet, to come, and babe, won't it be fine.--as Tony Bennett song.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If I said before last season that Vontaz would only play in two full games and miss 11 games total, Marvin Jones would miss the entire season, Eifert would only play the first quarter of the first game, Aj would miss 3 games and be ineffective in two others due to injury, Andy would throw 17 picks to only 19 TDs, Leon would look like a shell of himself, Geno would like a shell of himself, and our defensive would only have 20 sacks the entire season. I think most  people would have predicted this team to be 3-13. The fact that they even made the playoffs shows how good this roster is and how far this organization has come under Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:54 PM)Utts Wrote: Don't blame the messenger. It's pure fantasy to portray that evening as some magnificent domination of Peyton Manning under the bright bright prime time lights. 

Your message is lame and old. 
Get a new act.

You don't even like the team. 
No one said it was a domination.

You are trying to make yourself some sort of martyr. 
You aren't the designated half-empty guy. We have plenty. If you left this board, no one would notice because one of the others would pick up the slack. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:54 PM)Utts Wrote: Don't blame the messenger. It's pure fantasy to portray that evening as some magnificent domination of Peyton Manning under the bright bright prime time lights. 

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Let's not pretend we faced some turd QB with a broken arm. Peyton looked fine while leading 3 straight 3rd quarter TD drives to take a 28-27 lead going into the 4th quarter.

You were probably thinking Peyton had the win locked up just like the rest of us. Instead our defense answered with 3 INT's in the 4th quarter.

Give the team the credit it deserves. For one thing, most Marvin prime-time teams would've crapped their pants after they lost the lead going into the 4th. Heck, I expected them to implode and give up after that Dalton INT to start the game.

Instead they kept fighting the whole game. And even a hobbled Manning is still fantastic. Our D had everyone covered tightly and forced him to make throws he hasn't been capable of making since he's been a Bronco.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:33 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Your message is lame and old. 
Get a new act.

You are mean.  Cry
Reply/Quote