Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
Daniel Faalele is an intriguing RT prospect out of Minnesota.  The man mountain measured 6'8 384 at the combine and presents an interesting opportunity for us in the 2nd round.  Before we locked down Collins I wasn't interested in him because his size leads to serious concerns about pass blocking.  He tends to stay too high and I could see him getting burnt at the NFL level by faster DEs.  However, with Collins holding down RT for at least a few years adding Faalele could be a great move.  His run blocking is elite and bringing him in as the 6th lineman in those jumbo packages we run could be a scary sight for opposing defenses.  Cappa, Collins and Faalele on one side of the line would be one hell of a run blocking trio for Mixon to run behind.  This would allow him to be useful to us while also developing into a potential starter in a few years once he learns to bend a bit more.  Certainly something to think about.

His highlights are a lot of fun to watch.  Once he locks in its over.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

I just don't like how high Faalele plays, but if he can learn to bend more he could be a force.

Worth the gamble with La'el now here.

But in the 2nd round please. 31 is too early for a project IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

I just don't like how high Faalele plays, but if he can learn to bend more he could be a force.

100% agree.  If he learns to bend he has all-pro potential.  Late 2nd round feels like a good value spot for sure.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

Agreed 100%. 

Players not projects in Rd 1.  Probably in Rd 2. 

If we trade back & get extra day 2 picks, I'd be more willing to take the chance. 
Reply/Quote
I think that the Bengals will select a corner unless they get someone like Stephen Gilmore in FA. That’s provided a good one is there. But I would definitely not rule out selecting Zion Johnson Boston College OG or Tyler Linderbaum C out of Iowa.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think that the Bengals will select a corner unless they get someone like Stephen Gilmore in FA. That’s provided a good one is there. But I would definitely not rule out selecting Zion Johnson Boston College OG or Tyler Linderbaum C out of Iowa.

If either is there at 31 then it’s a slam dunk. Mocks all have them gone by the Bengals pick but I guess you never know.
I think they have put themselves in a great position to take the BPA. Whoever “falls” they will be in position to take. A CB/S/WR/DT (a few of the positions needed for depth/development) can also be picked in later rounds so no need to focus on any position at 31.
Reply/Quote
I have a low second round grade on Faalele but I could see a power/gap team taking him mid to high second. I think he does play in the AFC North but as a Steeler.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Be nice to have a good old Aussie boy on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:44 PM)wanga Wrote: Be nice to have a good old Aussie boy on the roster.

Is there such a thing?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is there such a thing?  Cool

Well I know there’s at least one of us 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:27 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Daniel Faalele is an intriguing RT prospect out of Minnesota.  The man mountain measured 6'8 384 at the combine and presents an interesting opportunity for us in the 2nd round.  Before we locked down Collins I wasn't interested in him because his size leads to serious concerns about pass blocking.  He tends to stay too high and I could see him getting burnt at the NFL level by faster DEs.  However, with Collins holding down RT for at least a few years adding Faalele could be a great move.  His run blocking is elite and bringing him in as the 6th lineman in those jumbo packages we run could be a scary sight for opposing defenses.  Cappa, Collins and Faalele on one side of the line would be one hell of a run blocking trio for Mixon to run behind.  This would allow him to be useful to us while also developing into a potential starter in a few years once he learns to bend a bit more.  Certainly something to think about.

Dunno.  That's a tall dude to have on the interior.  Can definitely cloud the QBs vision on short routes. 

Plus at that height as a guard he better be able to bend really well or he's nothing more than a dancing bear pushed into the backfield.
Reply/Quote
I've really liked this FA for the Bengals and I think it has opened up the draft. But I think we need one more move at DT or CB to finish this off and really set us up well heading into the draft. Right now are biggest needs in my opinion are DT, CB and OL and probably in that order after our FA. But I would like to add a OL if the right one falls to us in 1 or if Faelele or someone else they like is there in 2. Hopefully we can sign one more DT maybe Larry O to push that need until a little later in the draft. Maybe a Josh Paschal in RD 4 as he can play all over the line.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:56 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Dunno.  That's a tall dude to have on the interior.  Can definitely cloud the QBs vision on short routes. 

Plus at that height as a guard he better be able to bend really well or he's nothing more than a dancing bear pushed into the backfield.

He's a tackle for sure.  I like him as our 6th OL in jumbo package and developmental tackle. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

A guy that tall has virtually no chance at leverage. Just not going to be his game. He has to use the only other tool to win. Brute strength. My favorite move (also used by La’el) is the snatch trap or the snap-and-trap. Basically a downward club that pushes the defender straight to the ground face first (opposite of pancake). It can work. Sometimes. It’s definitely is hard to scout guys like this.Not at #31 for me.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:51 PM)wanga Wrote: Well I know there’s at least one of us 

Good for you mate. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 10:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've really liked this FA for the Bengals and I think it has opened up the draft. But I think we need one more move at DT or CB to finish this off and really set us up well heading into the draft. Right now are biggest needs in my opinion are DT, CB and OL and probably in that order after our FA. But I would like to add a OL if the right one falls to us in 1 or if Faelele or someone else they like is there in 2. Hopefully we can sign one more DT maybe Larry O to push that need until a little later in the draft. Maybe a Josh Paschal in RD 4 as he can play all over the line.

Devonte Wyatt and Roger McCreary are right now my thoughts.

Changes every day though lol
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:08 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: A guy that tall has virtually no chance at leverage.  Just not going to be his game.  He has to use the only other tool to win.  Brute strength.  My favorite move (also used by La’el) is the snatch trap or the snap-and-trap. Basically a downward club that pushes the defender straight to the ground face first (opposite of pancake).  It can work. Sometimes. It’s definitely is hard to scout guys like this.Not at #31 for me.

Good point about the snatch trap as that is what Faalele will need to succeed in the NFL. Collins is great at it.

Loves to do this to Nick Bosa that freak in San Fran.

BTW, the snatch trap sounds like a few women I have known.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 10:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've really liked this FA for the Bengals and I think it has opened up the draft. But I think we need one more move at DT or CB to finish this off and really set us up well heading into the draft. Right now are biggest needs in my opinion are DT, CB and OL and probably in that order after our FA. But I would like to add a OL if the right one falls to us in 1 or if Faelele or someone else they like is there in 2. Hopefully we can sign one more DT maybe Larry O to push that need until a little later in the draft. Maybe a Josh Paschal in RD 4 as he can play all over the line.

I like Paschal a lot. He is good against the run and he can rush the passer as well.
Reply/Quote
I’m looking at CB or DT. The only 2 positions I’m looking to draft right now in the first 2 rounds.

Perrin Winfrey is another DT I have some interest in
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:27 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Daniel Faalele is an intriguing RT prospect out of Minnesota.  The man mountain measured 6'8 384 at the combine and presents an interesting opportunity for us in the 2nd round.  Before we locked down Collins I wasn't interested in him because his size leads to serious concerns about pass blocking.  He tends to stay too high and I could see him getting burnt at the NFL level by faster DEs.  However, with Collins holding down RT for at least a few years adding Faalele could be a great move.  His run blocking is elite and bringing him in as the 6th lineman in those jumbo packages we run could be a scary sight for opposing defenses.  Cappa, Collins and Faalele on one side of the line would be one hell of a run blocking trio for Mixon to run behind.  This would allow him to be useful to us while also developing into a potential starter in a few years once he learns to bend a bit more.  Certainly something to think about.

If this guy is available I sprint to the podium.  There is just no one that moves him (or maybe no two?) and he has INCREDIBLY long arms to shove people down on wide arcing pass rush routes.  

He could be the extra TE in short yardage and goal line and be developed for the future.  I would be ALL OVER THIS GUY.  
Reply/Quote