Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-24-2022, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3 divorces, lost half of everything each time. The snatch trap is real. HOWEVER, If La'el can make a fortune at it, I'm thinking my futures so bright I have to wear shades. Just hope it ain't 50 shades of poor.  Mellow

At least you didn't lose EVERYTHING each time. I have heard of this happening to many dudes I know.

The future is bright bro, wear them shades. Cool

The snatch trap will now be put on Defenses facing Joe Brrrr.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't see a team taking a project like Faalele in the 1st round, depends on how much Pollack likes him. I like his upside IF he
can lower his pad level and play that way consistently. As this article says he gets off balance and doesn't bend his knees enough.

I do like that he is so big that he cannot get pushed back cause he is not only big but really strong and athletic. I also like that he
has a strong punch to knock DL backwards like Collins does. Honestly the Collins pick is why I would look into taking Faalele cause
they are a bit similar except for Faalele is much bigger even though Collins is a monster. I think Collins would be the ideal RT for 
this freak to learn behind.

Maybe if we trade back into the 2nd round I would take him with our first pick, but not at 31. I like about a half a dozen players 
better there including Booth that you mention.

Yeah, I just really like that extra year where you have him fairly cheap to develop him.  He is a rare talent and the Bengals LOVE guys that they don't see as finished products.  

If Booth is there, he is a layup pick, but I could see QBs dropping out of the first round (who else will take them?) and having a run on CBs.  

My dream scenario would be that the Bengals sign one more vet CB and then draft a stud DT (should one be there and rated a first round talent) then somehow Fa'alele be there in Rd 2.  Not likely, but I can dream...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:25 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I've seen him falling to the third in some mocks.  I would not even consider him in the 1st but pick 63 could be a sweet spot for him. 

I would love for him to be there in Rd 2 for us, but I don't see any way he isn't taken in at least the top 50.  Then again, I said the same thing about Orlando Brown and we could have had him in the 3rd round, but we took an "athletic LB" from Texas who's name I can't even recall.  Turd soup. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I just really like that extra year where you have him fairly cheap to develop him.  He is a rare talent and the Bengals LOVE guys that they don't see as finished products.  

If Booth is there, he is a layup pick, but I could see QBs dropping out of the first round (who else will take them?) and having a run on CBs.  

My dream scenario would be that the Bengals sign one more vet CB and then draft a stud DT (should one be there and rated a first round talent) then somehow Fa'alele be there in Rd 2.  Not likely, but I can dream...

Expecting Booth, Elam or McCreary at 31. I could see Faalele falling to our 2nd round pick no problem with how raw he is and 
the fact he doesn't bend well. These are huge factors when analyzing O-lineman. You have to have good technique and you have
to be able to bend in the NFL or you will be abused like Faalele was in the Senior Bowl. Ends were beating him left and right 
including a guy I like in the mid rounds in Myjai Sanders the Cincy Bearcat.

Faalele will fall, same as Linderbaum both for completely different reasons. Faalele be too big, Linderbaum be too small.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would love for him to be there in Rd 2 for us, but I don't see any way he isn't taken in at least the top 50.  Then again, I said the same thing about Orlando Brown and we could have had him in the 3rd round, but we took an "athletic LB" from Texas who's name I can't even recall.  Turd soup. 

Was going to remind you of Orlando in my last post. O-lineman fall every draft we all think would go much earlier.

Every team has different needs and they all go about things different.

Malik Jefferson is who you are talking about Racer.
Reply/Quote
Grab him in the 2nd and use him in motion Shanahan style.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, didn't want to touch Faalele before the Collins pickup until mid rounds, now I am more open to it.

I just don't like how high Faalele plays, but if he can learn to bend more he could be a force.

Worth the gamble with La'el now here.

But in the 2nd round please. 31 is too early for a project IMO.

Is he athletic enough to be a fullback on goal line packages inside of 3 yards? If so, can you imagine him leading the way for Mixon? Teams would not know if he is going to line up at FB or an additional OL.

Yes, he is a possibility, but if he is the target I think we could get him in 2nd round around pick 8 to 10 so I have we trade back and get more picks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expecting Booth, Elam or McCreary at 31. I could see Faalele falling to our 2nd round pick no problem with how raw he is and 
the fact he doesn't bend well. These are huge factors when analyzing O-lineman. You have to have good technique and you have
to be able to bend in the NFL or you will be abused like Faalele was in the Senior Bowl. Ends were beating him left and right 
including a guy I like in the mid rounds in Myjai Sanders the Cincy Bearcat.

Faalele will fall, same as Linderbaum both for completely different reasons. Faalele be too big, Linderbaum be too small.

It is weird, I tried to scout lots of offensive linemen, especially when they were tasked with facing a really tough defensive end...needless to say, there aren't going to be a ton of Max Crosby's coming out of the MAC.  The Big 10 is another story, though, and I saw DF buckle some guys that are beasts.

He didn't grade out particularly well relative to all OTs in the NCAA, but you can see the competition level as being a big difference between some of the top tackles from CUSA and MAC, compared to Big 10 and SEC.

I remember when Eric Fisher was taken #1 overall as an OT coming out of Central Michigan (I think it was Central) and thought that even if he "held up" at the Senior Bowl, he was still going to struggle.  He has had a solid career but had a ton of struggles early.  I commend him for improving and not giving up after failed expectations, but he should  have never been drafted #1 overall.  Not saying Reimann will be, but given his age, I don't know how much of a long term prospect he would be as a Bengal.

I think if Faalele is there in round 2, it is a no-brainer, developmental prospect for RT of the future.  If he pans out and can start next year, you can move Collins to RG and move Cappa to LG unless Carman has taken off.  Either way, you have a ton of flexibility.  If he doesn't pan out after one year, you still have another year in strength and conditioning to develop.  He IMMEDIATELY makes an impact on short yardage and could be hilarious to watch next to Collins as an extra tackle.  

He may be raw, but he was the best lineman on a school not known for turning out linemen.  With good coaching, he could be a nice lottery ticket.  There simply aren't many people with his size, strength, and athleticism.  I would have rather he worked out other than bench at the combine, but on the other hand, if other teams are skeptical...
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: At least you didn't lose EVERYTHING each time. I have heard of this happening to many dudes I know.

The future is bright bro, wear them shades. Cool

The snatch trap will now be put on Defenses facing Joe Brrrr.... Mellow

Yeah, happened to me four years ago....the law is clear, and I had no problem with the law and I wrote up the dissolution agreement myself.  We had a handshake agreement that was VERY friendly to her.  Should have been 6.5 years alimony, but I only gave 3 years WITH FOUR ADDITIONAL YEARS UPFRONT.  That is important because it wouldn't be voided should she marry another provider (guy). 

Her attorney explained that I was being very generous and she jumped at it.  Thought we were good to go, and RIGHT before our hearing, her attorney comes back with "Mrs RacerX also wants 50% of the unvested RSUs and 50% of his future bonus earnings for 6 years".  This, after me selling every stock I owned, refinancing my house to take out all the equity, sold my 2nd (fun) car, to give her $250K CASH and half of 401K/IRA investments (additional $500K retirement).  Literally left myself my retirement and $5K  in the bank.  And it wasn't enough, the ***** wanted more.  I tried to argue that the RSUs were not vested yet, thus they were not earned during the marital time, but my attorney said "well, you can try that but it isn't likely".

This is where you will be like GO X! 

Before I gave her the check from the stock sale and mortgage re-fi, I told her I wanted her to say that she swore on her son's life that she would stick to what was drawn up and wouldn't come back for more later.  She said yes.  I said "Say it", which she did.  Well, I recorded it, and sent her attorney a copy and threatened to sue back against her for breach of contract and not acting in good faith and go after HER newly purchased house and Volvo.  Her attorney wisely advised her to not go after the RSUs and future bonuses.

Today, I have made it through the hell of recovering financially (by basically not spending any money for three years) and my son's 529s will cover about 3 of the 4 years of his college and by year 4 I should have enough to cover the final year.  I put his college on me in the agreement because I wanted him to have the blessing of graduating without debt as swimming afforded me.

I won't EVER remarry, and luckily I met an amazing woman that doesn't care.   Blessed and grateful.  So, to any Bengal Brothers out there going through this crap, I would gladly offer advice and I have a good legal knowledge of the rules (at least for Ohio).  

Sorry for the rant, as it is a painful subject for many...no doubt.  But we can overcome and rise again and be happy.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is he athletic enough to be a fullback on goal line packages inside of 3 yards? If so, can you imagine him leading the way for Mixon? Teams would not know if he is going to line up at FB or an additional OL.

Yes, he is a possibility, but if he is the target I think we could get him in 2nd round around pick 8 to 10 so I have we trade back and get more picks.

Oh yeah, Faalele is definitely athletic enough to be a FB on the GL, he is much more athletic than Peko who did it.

As long as we don't take Faalele at 31 I would be happy.

Would be more than fine with trading back, adding picks and grabbing him.

(03-26-2022, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is weird, I tried to scout lots of offensive linemen, especially when they were tasked with facing a really tough defensive end...needless to say, there aren't going to be a ton of Max Crosby's coming out of the MAC.  The Big 10 is another story, though, and I saw DF buckle some guys that are beasts.

He didn't grade out particularly well relative to all OTs in the NCAA, but you can see the competition level as being a big difference between some of the top tackles from CUSA and MAC, compared to Big 10 and SEC.

I remember when Eric Fisher was taken #1 overall as an OT coming out of Central Michigan (I think it was Central) and thought that even if he "held up" at the Senior Bowl, he was still going to struggle.  He has had a solid career but had a ton of struggles early.  I commend him for improving and not giving up after failed expectations, but he should  have never been drafted #1 overall.  Not saying Reimann will be, but given his age, I don't know how much of a long term prospect he would be as a Bengal.

I think if Faalele is there in round 2, it is a no-brainer, developmental prospect for RT of the future.  If he pans out and can start next year, you can move Collins to RG and move Cappa to LG unless Carman has taken off.  Either way, you have a ton of flexibility.  If he doesn't pan out after one year, you still have another year in strength and conditioning to develop.  He IMMEDIATELY makes an impact on short yardage and could be hilarious to watch next to Collins as an extra tackle.  

He may be raw, but he was the best lineman on a school not known for turning out linemen.  With good coaching, he could be a nice lottery ticket.  There simply aren't many people with his size, strength, and athleticism.  I would have rather he worked out other than bench at the combine, but on the other hand, if other teams are skeptical...

Nice post once again. I agree that a coach like Pollack could get the best out of Faalele, plus learning behind Collins 
and lining up next to him at times in jumbo packages would be awesome for him and us. Actually liking him more and
more the closer we get to the Draft. Still want my other guys at 31 over him but in the 2nd would be sweet.

(03-26-2022, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, happened to me four years ago....the law is clear, and I had no problem with the law and I wrote up the dissolution agreement myself.  We had a handshake agreement that was VERY friendly to her.  Should have been 6.5 years alimony, but I only gave 3 years WITH FOUR ADDITIONAL YEARS UPFRONT.  That is important because it wouldn't be voided should she marry another provider (guy). 

Her attorney explained that I was being very generous and she jumped at it.  Thought we were good to go, and RIGHT before our hearing, her attorney comes back with "Mrs RacerX also wants 50% of the unvested RSUs and 50% of his future bonus earnings for 6 years".  This, after me selling every stock I owned, refinancing my house to take out all the equity, sold my 2nd (fun) car, to give her $250K CASH and half of 401K/IRA investments (additional $500K retirement).  Literally left myself my retirement and $5K  in the bank.  And it wasn't enough, the ***** wanted more.  I tried to argue that the RSUs were not vested yet, thus they were not earned during the marital time, but my attorney said "well, you can try that but it isn't likely".

This is where you will be like GO X! 

Before I gave her the check from the stock sale and mortgage re-fi, I told her I wanted her to say that she swore on her son's life that she would stick to what was drawn up and wouldn't come back for more later.  She said yes.  I said "Say it", which she did.  Well, I recorded it, and sent her attorney a copy and threatened to sue back against her for breach of contract and not acting in good faith and go after HER newly purchased house and Volvo.  Her attorney wisely advised her to not go after the RSUs and future bonuses.

Today, I have made it through the hell of recovering financially (by basically not spending any money for three years) and my son's 529s will cover about 3 of the 4 years of his college and by year 4 I should have enough to cover the final year.  I put his college on me in the agreement because I wanted him to have the blessing of graduating without debt as swimming afforded me.

I won't EVER remarry, and luckily I met an amazing woman that doesn't care.   Blessed and grateful.  So, to any Bengal Brothers out there going through this crap, I would gladly offer advice and I have a good legal knowledge of the rules (at least for Ohio).  

Sorry for the rant, as it is a painful subject for many...no doubt.  But we can overcome and rise again and be happy.  

Good rant, I understand somewhat. Thank God I haven't went through that shit. Seen my other brothers go through 
something close. Some women are leaches plain and simple. Live of the effort, talent and hard work of the man.

Some are great though, just have to be careful. All I know is I am not getting married.

All my married buddies are whipped and cannot do anything they want to do, like at all. I call this HELL.

Friend comes over and his phone is just ringing and beeping non stop lol

Can't hang out and have a brewskie anymore. Just the way it goes when you are caught in the snatch trap. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, Faalele is definitely athletic enough to be a FB on the GL, he is much more athletic than Peko who did it.

As long as we don't take Faalele at 31 I would be happy.

Would be more than fine with trading back, adding picks and grabbing him.

Nice post once again. I agree that a coach like Pollack could get the best out of Faalele, plus learning behind Collins 
and lining up next to him at times in jumbo packages would be awesome for him and us. Actually liking him more and
more the closer we get to the Draft. Still want my other guys at 31 over him but in the 2nd would be sweet.

Good rant, I understand somewhat. Thank God I haven't went through that shit. Seen my other brothers go through 
something close. Some women are leaches plain and simple. Live of the effort, talent and hard work of the man.

Some are great though, just have to be careful. All I know is I am not getting married.

All my married buddies are whipped and cannot do anything they want to do, like at all. I call this HELL.

Friend comes over and his phone is just ringing and beeping non stop lol

Can't hang out and have a brewskie anymore. Just the way it goes when you are caught in the snatch trap. Mellow

Wise decision, my friend.  And I am sorry for the rant...probably belongs in another forum, but I only visit this one, FA, and draft.  

My advice to the younger guys out there (under 30 is younger to me, I'm 53) is to not be in a rush.  Once you get to your mid-30s, many women have grown up from their princess stage and are not only consumed with the massive weddings their sorority sisters are having, or the baby a friend has had recently, and they are not so eager to get married for the sake of getting married.  Many will have already been divorced.  

You will find that the dating pool for THEM of guys that are in decent shape, financially sound, non an alcoholic, and know how to treat them well is very shallow.  They start to look for the person they want to spend their life with, not someone to look nice next to them in pictures.  

I hope this doesn't come across as "hold out and you will outkick your coverage because most guys are trolls" or something.  And this isn't directed just at women, but I think we simply aren't ready to be fathers and husbands (nor are many very financially equipped at that age) in their early 20s.  

Take your time, focus on building yourself and your life, and later on you will meet someone that has either been divorced and realized what she really wants out of a marriage (knows herself better now) and you will also be better equipped to be a good husband and father.  

PLEASE no one take this as "This is the 100% answer for everyone!".  It isn't.  It is just my advice after seeing literally all but a handful of my friends that got married early end in divorce with animosity.  I am just offering my advice based on my experiences.  Wish the best and happiness to all of you.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wise decision, my friend.  And I am sorry for the rant...probably belongs in another forum, but I only visit this one, FA, and draft.  

My advice to the younger guys out there (under 30 is younger to me, I'm 53) is to not be in a rush.  Once you get to your mid-30s, many women have grown up from their princess stage and are not only consumed with the massive weddings their sorority sisters are having, or the baby a friend has had recently, and they are not so eager to get married for the sake of getting married.  Many will have already been divorced.  

You will find that the dating pool for THEM of guys that are in decent shape, financially sound, non an alcoholic, and know how to treat them well is very shallow.  They start to look for the person they want to spend their life with, not someone to look nice next to them in pictures.  

I hope this doesn't come across as "hold out and you will outkick your coverage because most guys are trolls" or something.  And this isn't directed just at women, but I think we simply aren't ready to be fathers and husbands (nor are many very financially equipped at that age) in their early 20s.  

Take your time, focus on building yourself and your life, and later on you will meet someone that has either been divorced and realized what she really wants out of a marriage (knows herself better now) and you will also be better equipped to be a good husband and father.  

PLEASE no one take this as "This is the 100% answer for everyone!".  It isn't.  It is just my advice after seeing literally all but a handful of my friends that got married early end in divorce with animosity.  I am just offering my advice based on my experiences.  Wish the best and happiness to all of you.  

Well said. A lot of people should read this post. It is very wise, very wise. Smirk
Reply/Quote