Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Wk 10 GameDay Thread...Texans @ Bengals***
(11-17-2015, 01:46 AM)OandB Wrote: And after a game like this...  Where would you place us??

3rd ... 4th place, because not one single game is representative of a season's performance. We call that anecdotal.
Reply/Quote
The pulse of the Steelers just got stronger. The rest of the league just watched the façade get pulled off our Bengals....not that good after all. Blood is in the water. Look what happened to the Packer and Broncos. Once the "unbeatable" team gets beaten the way the Bengals did.....a downward spiral is on the horizon. Unfortunately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah ..8-1.. Definitely fire the head coach. Trade Andy away and be like the Reds..

We still control the division. Would it kill anyone to admit that the Texans D played lights out? They have a really good defense that just didn't have it together early on. Our O was lights out early on and has cooled off a bit, but the season is far from over.
Our D wasn't playing great early on either so the offense carried it. Now the D is playing good and the O isn't. It's just one game and not as if everything has crumbled. We're still in good shape with very few injuries.

Oh wait .. We lost one. PANIC!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They just blew the all important chance to finally, really shut up the naysayers. Instead they basically confirmed everything the naysayers say. This team is worthless trash.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:45 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nothing we can do now but move on to the Cards.

Except we can pretty much bet Marvin and Hue won't have them any better prepared than tonight.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
The way some people are acting, you'd think no good team has ever lost to a bad team before. And you know what? The Texans defense played great tonight. It's not like they were gift-wrapping opportunities that the Bengals didn't capitalize on.

We have one loss halfway through the season. Regroup and on to next week.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:43 AM)Element Wrote: LMAO we blaming the D? D held it down and got stops and were bailing out our offense, BEGGING them to score, Offense didnt capitalize but its the defenses fault for not getting a turnover? I think a Punt is just as good

How in the blue hell do you let Yates beat you? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Like I said.. The Cardinals are smiling right now... But I'd rather be an underdog anyway..
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:43 AM)Element Wrote: LMAO we blaming the D? D held it down and got stops and were bailing out our offense, BEGGING them to score, Offense didnt capitalize but its the defenses fault for not getting a turnover? I think a Punt is just as good

Yeah...aside from a blown coverage or two...and those pesky TEs , the defense was stellar.  Even the TD was just a great play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 4 real?

How do you not force any turnovers against Yates and Hoyer? Except for what one flukey INT at the end of the half.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:37 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Inexcusable. I'm afraid not much has changed. Marvin can not get this team up for ANY big game, period. Bengals just collapsed.....at least the offense did. Sorry Dalton..... No free passes. I don't care how many regular season 1pm games you win, until you win on the big stage, you will be just another QB.....a QB that can't beat TJ Yates.

Didn't he just beat the Browns with a 139.8 rating in prime time last week? Just stop.

(11-17-2015, 01:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: This was a big loss because of how they looked (for the world to see/confirm their suspicions). A lot of good vibes/talk gone. Dalton got knocked out of the MVP race, Eifert not Gronk like, the world found out you CAN cover all of our weapons, and the primetime/big game monkey is alive and well on their backs. It might be one loss but it'll play out significant in the way they discuss the Bengals from here on out.

Fair or not, this is true. The Bengals can't afford to look like this in prime time. Great game by the D, but the O provided plenty of fuel for the doubters.

This team has has some good showings in prime-time over the last couple years, but they've also had stinkers full of mental blunders. Dalton was off tonight, but 6+ drops (3 drive killers by Eifert) and AJ lost us the game with that fumble.

The blame as usual will fall on Dalton though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:43 AM)Interceptor Wrote: That high, huh?

I bet The Steelers are ahead of us.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: They just blew the all important chance to finally, really shut up the naysayers. Instead they basically confirmed everything the naysayers say. This team is worthless trash.

That won't happen until the Bengals win a Playoff game.. That's what everyone talks about 
Reply/Quote
Green's attempt to recover the fumble was one of the most pathetic efforts I have ever seen.

He was basically pawing at it like a cat and a ball of yarn.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't he just beat the Browns with a 139.8 rating in prime time last week? Just stop.

Fair or not, this is true. The Bengals can't afford to look like this in prime time. Great game by the D, but the O provided plenty of fuel for the doubters.

This team has has some good showings in prime-time over the last couple years, but they've also had stinkers full of mental blunders. Dalton was off tonight, but 6+ drops (3 drive killers by Eifert) and AJ lost us the game with that fumble.

The blame as usual will fall on Dalton though.
I blame Marvin, Hue, and the offense as a whole, except for Gio as he was actually trying out there.

Reply/Quote
StonyhandsWhat's funny is that if you replace Eifert with Gresham this is pretty much the same way we lost to them in the playoffs.  

wonder if that has anything to do with a hayes brother? chase coffman anyone? how about orson charles?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:51 AM)J24 Wrote: How do you not force any turnovers against Yates and Hoyer? Except for what one flukey INT at the end of the half.

We just held a team to 256 total yards and 10 points; yet, you want to blame the D?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:49 AM)barkerja Wrote: 3rd ... 4th place, because not one single game is representative of a season's performance. We call that anecdotal.

The Texans defensively are  quite strong...  But offensively???  How did they score more than us....  I'm still in awe.. Anything past 4th place..  Is fair game IMO.. Not saying we are 10th either
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:55 AM)WildCat Wrote: StonyhandsWhat's funny is that if you replace Eifert with Gresham this is pretty much the same way we lost to them in the playoffs.  

wonder if that has anything to do with a hayes brother? chase coffman anyone? how about orson charles?

Yep.  Just one of our several coaches that probably need to be replaced.

Reply/Quote
Texans are the best in the 4th Q, they're now +66 I think.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote