Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
another set of bed sheets shit - another 1st round loss in the queue
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're not cursed. There's no such thing as curses. Their coach is a sack-less turd with ZERO killer instinct.

....and the many years before him???
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:09 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Our losses have been damn close. This team is still awesome to watch. We almost beat Arizona in Arizona, 37-34. Backup QB runs into the #1 D and almost wins.

truth
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:09 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: I still am at a loss for the lack of discipline on this team ( and not just tonight) and no accountability.  Green doesn't run his route hard on what may have been a touchdown, Burfict implodes again, TE doesn't stay in bounds.  These are the kind of things that keep happening over and over and no accountability. This has been going on for years.

Missed fgs happen, but not running your route hard, getting stupid personal fouls reflect on coaching.  I guarantee you The Pats wouldn't put up with this type of play.  As long as this is tolerated, this is what we get.  

What you point out is absolutely on coaching, we have to blame something on them! This is a good example. I hate that they push blame to the players. The Burfict thing is anger management, but the AJ Green thing is strange. I wonder if they feel like they can't coach AJ hard because he's a superstar, afraid to yell.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:09 AM)Beaker Wrote: Leading by 14-0 on the road....you hold onto those games with D.

Leading by 14 yes, but then you get no points besides a FG in the second half...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton is gone, but the prime-time woes live on.

Maybe some day people will figure out that it's a Marv issue, not a Dalton specific problem.

This is the fourth QB we have started and fizzled in national spotlight games: Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, McCarron. The common element is Marvin Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK.  I'm calling you out.  This is an 11-4 team genius.  And Bengals fans don't use that word.

Been watching this ridiculousness for 30 years, I'm definitely a fan or I would have jumped ship 25 years ago. How about you reply to everybody calling you out on this 11-4 nonsense , since the team is actually 3-4 in their last seven?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So basically we get the Chiefs, Jets, or Steelers.  Without Dalton.

***** perfect.

You could have "insert greatest qb of all time here" and it still wouldn't matter.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: I think you're the one drinking friend.  This team was taking it to Denver...screwed up a field goal, and then came out in the second half and its offensive coordination completely changed what was working in the first half and continued with the same bs run plays, flat screens just about the entire second half.  This team should have won this game but the coaching staff 1000% failed them, and that is clear whether drinking or not.

The broncos came out in the second half and played zone. Thats why the O didnt work as well in the second half. But the D should have been able to hold that lead.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So basically we get the Chiefs, Jets, or Steelers.  Without Dalton.

***** perfect.

Unless San Diego does us a favor and beats Denver Sunday and we can still get the bye.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:09 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Our losses have been damn close. This team is still awesome to watch. We almost beat Arizona in Arizona, 37-34. Backup QB runs into the #1 D and almost wins.

The coaches have some contribution to the loss and that should just never happen, that is a disappointment, Lapham and the other tools don't have the balls to ask tough questions. Lapham is probably as annoying as Marvin.

I believe Lapham is effectively an employee of the Bengals by virtue of their control over the radio deal, and almost lost his job once for speaking his mind. I wouldn't give Lap too hard a time for that.

As for playing close games, look at the Ravens early games. Lots of close games, but so the heck what? We want a World Champ, do not nearly good enough.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Meanwhile... Josh Brown is kicking 93.1% on his FG, with a long of 53 and 3 for 3 at 50+.   Ninja

But he's old. And Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge is a hometown boy. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm so pissed I can't see straight - is there a late season game that matters the Bengals can't manage to **** up...EVER!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: The broncos came out in the second half and played zone. Thats why the O didnt work as well in the second half. But the D should have been able to hold that lead.

3 points in a half. 
Reply/Quote

The coaches have some contribution to the loss and that should just never happen, that is a disappointment, Lapham and the other tools don't have the balls to ask tough questions. Lapham is probably as annoying as Marvin.

Except that "close" is irrelevant. Until they consistently win every game where they are in the national spotlight no matter the opponent they are utter failures.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:11 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is the fourth QB we have started and fizzled in national spotlight games: Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, McCarron. The common element is Marvin Lewis.

Palmer has looked good in primetime.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:02 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The backing inton the playoffs comment that people got ticked off about, might be true. You know, 8-0, 3-4...is that not backing in? lol.

They'll finish 12-4. So much for my ***** 13 win season. These ass wipes not only refuse to grab gifts that are sitting right in front of them, they won't even give me one ***** 13 win season. 

Asshats.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:12 AM)Utts Wrote: I believe Lapham is effectively an employee of the Bengals by virtue of their control over the radio deal, and almost lost his job once for speaking his mind. I wouldn't give Lap too hard a time for that.

As for playing close games, look at the Ravens early games. Lots of close games, but so the heck what? We want a World Champ, do not nearly good enough.

What's his point then, to serve up softball questions? I mean I've almost lost my job for my antics at clients/etc, but I still do what I think is right. I've had clients want to fire me before for my behavior, but then the result of their meeting is that "they can't", because they "need me". 

It's a shameful world to live in where you can't speak your mind. He's not doing his job, he's getting paid, he does not have my respect. It's tough to risk your career/family/etc. for doing what's right.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Been watching this ridiculousness for 30 years, I'm definitely a fan or I would have jumped ship 25 years ago. How about you reply to everybody calling you out on this 11-4 nonsense , since the team is actually 3-4 in their last seven?

So an OT loss to the #1 D in the NFL with our 2nd string QB is the end of the world?      Smack
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)barkerja Wrote: What was working in the first half, wasn't working in the second half. The main thing was Denver was effective at stopping the run in the second half, a big differentiator from the first half.

Chalk this one up to a Denver D outplaying our offense. Our D did decent, but not good enough to support our O against their D.

Not true at all.  We were throwing over the middle and we stopped.  The entire third quarter we didn't attempt a single pass to a WR.  All plays were runs or throws to RB/TEs.  These were designed plays as you can watch McCarron eyeball his target everytime.  Then we started moving the ball again when we started throwing to WRs. Then we stopped.  The Steelers torched them in the air.  They dared us and Hue kept running right at them.
Reply/Quote