Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: So an OT loss to the #1 D in the NFL with our 2nd string QB is the end of the world?      Smack

Didn't say it was the end of the world. Said it was deserving of the moniker Bungles. Not because we lost, but because of the way we lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's his point then, to serve up softball questions? I mean I've almost lost my job for my antics at clients/etc, but I still do what I think is right. It's a shameful world to live in where you can't speak your mind. He's not doing his job, he's getting paid, he does not have my respect.

Again... He's not being paid to be an objective journalist. He's being paid to be a homer radio color guy. There's a big difference.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Texans are 4 seed no way we play them in round 1.

So it's a rerun of 2005 or 2009 - same result
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Been watching this ridiculousness for 30 years, I'm definitely a fan or I would have jumped ship 25 years ago. How about you reply to everybody calling you out on this 11-4 nonsense , since the team is actually 3-4 in their last seven?

After the injuries hit.  If you haven't noticed, we don't have our starting QB, starting Safety, or starting TE.  I've been a fan over 35 years.  That's no excuse for using that word.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does Hue Jackson ever have press conferences after games?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Everyone take a deep breath. We had the #1 D poised for a loss at home with our backup qb and missing a key part of our successful passing game. The script at the start of the game was outstanding on both sides. Sans penalties they have negative yards first quarter.

The halftime adjustments got our #2 qb out of rhythm and confused. It's what #1 defenses do against all qbs. Our guy couldn't read it and make adjustments. Maybe Andy does-- I suspect he does but we'll never know. Our D played well. A crap penalty on Burfict out of bounds trying for the strip but when you have a rep you're gonna get that flag.

We shouldn't have won that game but could have and didn't. I wish we did but there's nobody to go and crucify tonight. Time to take care of business next week and root for the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: ....and the many years before him???

Terrible personnel.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:16 AM)Utts Wrote: Again... He's not being paid to be an objective journalist. He's being paid to be a homer radio color guy. There's a big difference.

That's true, I guess he's just a waste of space in the reporter/interview process then. Unless the press conferences are all just a joke anyway. Chrst, I just realized they all are. - why do we even watch them?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: Please try not to put words in my mouth.  This is absolutely not on AJ.  This is on coaching.  10000000% and probably not much is ever going to change until the culture of this kind of stuff is gone.

Am I pissed that AJ fumbled the snap / game away? Yeah.  Am I putting the blame on him? Hell no he's done fantastic for his experience level and wasn't put in a good position to win this game by pathetic 2nd half coaching.

I didn't mention Dalton or Palmer or anyone else.

I didn't put any words in your mouth....you called the kid a bum. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's his point then, to serve up softball questions? I mean I've almost lost my job for my antics at clients/etc, but I still do what I think is right. I've had clients want to fire me before for my behavior, but then the result of their meeting is that "they can't", because they "need me". 

It's a shameful world to live in where you can't speak your mind. He's not doing his job, he's getting paid, he does not have my respect. It's tough to risk your career/family/etc. for doing what's right.

Please step down off your high horse. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
As much as this loss sucks AJM had a decent second start when you consider the circumstances. He was playing against the number one defense and a team fighting for a spot in the playoffs in one of the toughest environments on the NFL. If AJ Green doesn't quit we probably win this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:16 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Said it was deserving of the moniker Bungles.

They are no longer ever deserving of the moniker bungles. They played hard and lost a close game. Hell, denver fumbled also, and missed a FG also. Sometimes you just don't get the W.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: I think you're the one drinking friend.  This team was taking it to Denver...screwed up a field goal, and then came out in the second half and its offensive coordination completely changed what was working in the first half and continued with the same bs run plays, flat screens just about the entire second half.  This team should have won this game but the coaching staff 1000% failed them, and that is clear whether drinking or not.

I've said this twice already in different ways, but since the board is imploding right now, it probably got swallowed up. So I will say it again....

- - - - -

The Broncos started the game playing a lot of man defense (AJ torched them).. so when halftime rolled around, they switched to zone. Made McCarron read the defenses more, which slowed down his ability to get rid of the ball, which led to more pressure, which led to a much worse looking offense.

McCarron just can't read/diagnose defenses well enough to run an offense against a good zone defense. It's something that you either A. Have, or B. Learn from experience. Neither of which applies to him.

It's also why they had to use like 6 timeouts because they couldn't get the plays set up in time and when they didn't take timeouts, it was down to 0-2 on the playclock.

The Broncos just simply put McCarron into a situation where he could no longer succeed. They found out what they could do on defense that he couldn't answer, and kept doing it. Think of it like the 2012 game against RG3. They found out that if you hit RG3 every single play, he would lose his nerve. So what'd they do? Hit him every single play, and he ended up with 5 sacks and 3 fumbles. The Broncos just did that with McCarron. They played a defense where he would have to beat them with his reading/anticipation/pickups, and he couldn't do it. Just how it is, not Hue's fault.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:18 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Please step down off your high horse. 

Why, do you know Lapham personally? I don't need to step down because that's the life I live.

What's the point of him taking up press conference time if he's going to serve softball questions? What's the point of the press conference anyway if everyone is afraid to lose their jobs? That's weak, 100%.

This forum could come up with questions to be asked after every game that would get any reporter fired, each time. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK.  I'm calling you out.  This is an 11-4 team genius.  And Bengals fans don't use that word.

Sorry Bonnie, but I have to call B.S. on this.  11-4 doesn't mean jack if we can't win a playoff game and the way we play in big games, we won't win one this year either.  I thought that was changing, but I don't think so now.  And just because you don't use Bungles, doesn't mean others can't.  I've been a Bengals fan for about 36 years and I use it and will continue to use it when they play like that or are coached like that.  Tonight was an example of the good, old Bungles.  Well, not good, old, but terrible old.

I actually came into this game expecting us to lose based on having McCarron in at QB.  After the first couple of drives, I thought, wow, we are going to win this and we might be unstoppable.  But, then the same old Bungles appeared with no or poor halftime adjustments and blew a 14-3 halftime lead, doing nothing in the second half to win the game.  It was pathetic and the sad thing is we have seen it before and our coaches never seem to learn.

But, I'm not going anywhere.  I'll still be here until the end of this season and every season after that just waiting and hoping that one year we can get it right.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true, I guess he's just a waste of space in the reporter/interview process then. Unless the press conferences are all just a joke anyway. Chrst, I just realized they all are. - why do we even watch them?

Not sure.  Same old shit every single time. Except for the time Marvin called Johnny Football a midget. :)
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: After the injuries hit.  If you haven't noticed, we don't have our starting QB, starting Safety, or starting TE.  I've been a fan over 35 years.  That's no excuse for using that word.

Yay the injury excuse is back. Denver was missing their starting QB and 3 starting offensive lineman. Did they cave in the second half and fumble the ball away to end the game?

BUNGLES, BUNGLES, BUNGLES.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If we had Dalton we would have smoked Denver. It's just the lack of a great QB. The offense was flat after the first 2 drives. Dalton was carrying this offense.

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

If

That's how many "If"s i've heard about in my 30 plus years as a Bengals fan. (probably X 40)

I'm ***** tired of it. Stop with the excuses and see the crappy painting on the wall. It's the same one that's been there for the past X number of years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Denver is using their "backup" QB as well. Let's not keep using that excuse. We can't run the ball anymore and it's caught up to us now.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: They are no longer ever deserving of the moniker bungles. They played hard and lost a close game. Hell, denver fumbled also, and missed a FG also. Sometimes you just don't get the W.

But for the bengals you never get the W in a meaningful game
Reply/Quote