Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
Team loss. O made mistakes. D made mistakes. ST made mistakes.
Reply/Quote
Here's the question of the night, if Dalton was playing, would the Bengals have won? Hah! Tough to answer. McCarron essentially played Dalton's game today.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why, do you know Lapham personally? I don't need to step down because that's the life I live.

What's the point of him taking up press conference time if he's going to serve softball questions? What's the point of the press conference anyway if everyone is afraid to lose their jobs? That's weak, 100%.

Agree 100%.

I can't stand lap anymore. Marv will call in and he will praise him for all the great things about this game. Why not ask him "how did you screw it up marv?" Or Why is your primetime record garbage marv?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:16 AM)Utts Wrote: Again... He's not being paid to be an objective journalist. He's being paid to be a homer radio color guy. There's a big difference.

For a paid homer, he still ends up giving out a lot of good/useful information though. An example being... we still wouldn't know why Hill got benched for the first quarter last week if it wasn't for him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
All that Hue Jackson had to do was realize early in the 3rd quarter that Denver was NOT going to let the Bengals run the ball.

OK, fine. Stop trying to impose your will and simply start throwing quick short passes, its called a west coast offense. It still opens up the long chances every once in a while. Every now and again a running play will work to keep them honest.

Its just mind boggling that this man is supposed to be such a great offensive mind and he pulls this shit!

Once, just flippin' ONCE I want to see the Bengals put their foot on somebodies neck and keep it there for a whole 60 min football game.

Hue Jackson had a big part in losing this game. If he doesn't own it, he's ball-less...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's the question of the night, if Dalton was playing, would the Bengals have won? Hah! Tough to answer. McCarron essentially played Dalton's game today.

I don't think that's true.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why does AJ always give up? This is not the 1st GD time. Just because he is pretty damn awesome otherwise, I don't understand some of his negatives that I don't think Sanu or Marvin Jones would ever, ever do. Disservice to having that much born talent.

If everyone on this board would just tweet him...and get all your bengals fan relatives to tweet him to "STOP GIVING UP ON ROUTES!!!!!" maybe it would make a difference. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why, do you know Lapham personally? I don't need to step down because that's the life I live.

What's the point of him taking up press conference time if he's going to serve softball questions? What's the point of the press conference anyway if everyone is afraid to lose their jobs? That's weak, 100%.

Reuben, you seem to take things way too personally. 

Every team has a press conference and get "softball" questions because they have their own employees in there. The rest of them can have their press credentials taken away and pretty much lose their jobs. So I'm sorry that these guys wanting to keep their jobs offends you, but that's the way it works.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If God would have played, we would've won as well.

Stop talking about Dalton. He was inactive and could have never played. It's just stupid really.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've said this twice already in different ways, but since the board is imploding right now, it probably got swallowed up. So I will say it again....

- - - - -

The Broncos started the game playing a lot of man defense (AJ torched them).. so when halftime rolled around, they switched to zone. Made McCarron read the defenses more, which slowed down his ability to get rid of the ball, which led to more pressure, which led to a much worse looking offense.

McCarron just can't read/diagnose defenses well enough to run an offense against a good zone defense. It's something that you either A. Have, or B. Learn from experience. Neither of which applies to him.

It's also why they had to use like 6 timeouts because they couldn't get the plays set up in time and when they didn't take timeouts, it was down to 0-2 on the playclock.

The Broncos just simply put McCarron into a situation where he could no longer succeed. They found out what they could do on defense that he couldn't answer, and kept doing it. Think of it like the 2012 game against RG3. They found out that if you hit RG3 every single play, he would lose his nerve. So what'd they do? Hit him every single play, and he ended up with 5 sacks and 3 fumbles. The Broncos just did that with McCarron. They played a defense where he would have to beat them with his reading/anticipation/pickups, and he couldn't do it. Just how it is, not Hue's fault.

Hell....I've said it a few times myself....LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:25 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If God would have played, we would've won as well.  

Stop talking about Dalton.  He was inactive and could have never played.  It's just stupid really.

Yea, but would we have won if Palmer, or a 33 year old Boomer Esiason played tonight? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:23 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Reuben, you seem to take things way too personally. 

Every team has a press conference and get "softball" questions because they have their own employees in there. The rest of them can have their press credentials taken away and pretty much lose their jobs. So I'm sorry that these guys wanting to keep their jobs offends you, but that's the way it works.

It doesn't offend me, I'm just saying it's weak. 

If you don't agree it's weak, that's your opinion. I don't have someone above that I need to listen to (i.e. CEO/etc), so I am able to act how I want. I realize everyone else is fearful of their opinion for their family/etc. I don't understand press conferences if good questions are not asked, is that not in the job requirement for a reporter? Or did they go to school to learn how to give useless softball questions...

PS - Someone telling me to get off my high horse is getting a little personal. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: Palmer has looked good in primetime.

...since he left Cincy, yes.

With the Bengals he had a prime time passer rating in the mid 70's, just like Dalton. Marvin is now 4-9 in prime time with Andy and 4-10 with other QBs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Classic Marvin football. Nothing changes.

Week after week after season of this bullshit. And the excuse train comes out in full force after every loss. Blind to the common denominator that a sackless leader leads to sackless play. 

***** wake up people.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell....I've said it a few times myself....LOL

I love me some torches and pitchforks as much as the next fan of a perennially soul crushing sports franchise, but you at least have to go after the right people or for the right reasons. You know? Lol

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's the question of the night, if Dalton was playing, would the Bengals have won? Hah! Tough to answer. McCarron essentially played Dalton's game today.

I dunno.....we probably audible out of some failed plays...and he probably reads the zone better.  No knock on AJ....just an experience thing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton is gone, but the prime-time woes live on.

Maybe some day people will figure out that it's a Marv issue, not a Dalton specific problem.

Yup. It's a marv issue with his ***** chickenshit coaching style. Get a lead, try to run the ball and play defense. 

100% of the time it results in a loss 40% of the time.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:27 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It doesn't offend me, I'm just saying it's weak. 

If you don't agree it's weak, that's your opinion. I don't have someone above that I need to listen to (i.e. CEO/etc), so I am able to act how I want. I realize everyone else is fearful of their opinion for their family/etc. I don't understand press conferences if good questions are not asked, is that not in the job requirement for a reporter? Or did they go to school to learn how to give useless softball questions...

You telling me to get off my high horse is getting a little personal. 

Then feel free to email all the best reporters around the league and tell them to start asking hard questions.  The last time someone asked a "hardball" question to the Bengals, they were replaced.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Then feel free to email all the best reporters around the league and tell them to start asking hard questions.  The last time someone asked a "hardball" question to the Bengals, they were replaced.

Hah! That's all I'm asking, I don't understand the press conferences if they are basically handcuffed. Kind of pointless. 

I have a ton of coworkers who are also afraid of doing the right thing, but there's a way to word it and a way to accomplish it - and sometimes you're respected for it. I would hate to go to bed at night knowing I'm getting paid to be a little chumpy in my job, but to each their own.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Then feel free to email all the best reporters around the league and tell them to start asking hard questions.  The last time someone asked a "hardball" question to the Bengals, they were replaced.

The last time someone asked a "whiffleball" question to the Reds, they got a player going on a profane tirade while the manager just watches with a smile as his clubhouse implodes.   Ninja

Reply/Quote