Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
Typical finish
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The last time someone asked a "whiffleball" question to the Reds, they got a player going on a profane tirade while the manager just watches with a smile as his clubhouse implodes.   Ninja

Lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: ....and the many years before him???

I've been watching Bengals teams since '78. I've seen teams man up and take games. All i've seen marv do is crawl into a corner with his vag and lose a vast majority of important games.

Do i really need to say 1-3 in prime time this year, out loud?

Although, that average is spot on. Those bitches only win one out of every four prime time games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say that McC can't read a zone defense just because Gruden said they were playing zone instead of man. A lot of folks are taking credit here for something Gruden noticed Denver's defense doing. People take it as an opportunity to turn it into a Dalton/McCarron fight when they really just don't know because they can see so very little on the TV.

Hey, they've got a #1 defense, any QB might struggle. Even the great Aaron Rodgers. I guess he can't figure out Denver's defense either, right? Maybe it's just an experience thing.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Mccarron played well enough to win, I think he was handcuffed by some of Hue's calls. Something Andy sometimes gets into, but likely audibles out of.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:11 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Leading by 14 yes, but then you get no points besides a FG in the second half...

Why the hell does every other ***** team get healthy against the bengals? Denver hasn't done shit in the 2nd half for 3 weeks and tonight...just the opposite.

D.Thomas has been a drop machine and tonight...making one handed catches. 

Every ***** time, whatever ails a bengals opponent, gets fixed when they play them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...since he left Cincy, yes.

With the Bengals he had a prime time passer rating in the mid 70's, just like Dalton. Marvin is now 4-9 in prime time with Andy and 4-10 with other QBs.

[Image: RG0BS1U.gif?noredirect]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's the question of the night, if Dalton was playing, would the Bengals have won? Hah! Tough to answer. McCarron essentially played Dalton's game today.

Dalton probably reacts differently to adjustments but at the end of night it doesn't matter. AJM is our qb for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
Is there a stat we can see about how many times Dre. K has been burned this yaer (against the average)? Lol.
Reply/Quote
McCarron's inexperience got exposed in the second half for sure, but I need to say this: Sure was fun watching him take it to the man-to-man in the first half. I really believe he will learn from this, and that someday he will turn out to be a very good QB, at a minimum.

Also commend all of the crazy sideline receptions made during the first half. I doubt the game would have been as close without them. I'd have to see the film on Green before condemning his performance in the second half.

As for the our D; almost good enough. They got rode hard and put away wet during the second half, partially due to being on the field as much as they were. And we still seem to be a leader in failing to respond well to our opponents second half adjustments. Look up 'deer in the headlights', and see a group photo of our coaching staff.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:35 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I wouldn't say that McC can't read a zone defense just because Gruden said they were playing zone instead of man.  A lot of folks are taking credit here for something Gruden noticed Denver's defense doing.  People take it as an opportunity to turn it into a Dalton/McCarron fight when they really just don't know because they can see so very little on the TV.

Hey, they've got a #1 defense, any QB might struggle.  Even the great Aaron Rodgers.  I guess he can't figure out Denver's defense either, right?  Maybe it's just an experience thing.

Gruden is an idiot, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. There's a reason why AJ stopped torching everyone and McCarron stopped being worth a damn. They stopped playing man defense.

(The WRs also stopped saving McCarron by making circus catches 10-11ft in the air on the sidelines with two toe taps.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is there a stat we can see about how many times Dre. K has been burned this yaer (against the average)? Lol.

Not that it's really the end-all be-all or anything, but last I heard, Kirkpatrick only had two positively graded games on PFF this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't put any words in your mouth....you called the kid a bum. Mellow

Nope sure didn't. Can quote it if you can find it or make it up as you go or whatever. Seems like you are already into that.  I said they looked like chumps (they = team) on National TV again and they did.  Only this time the score was close rather than it being a blowout.

Calling someone a bum implies that they play poorly and shouldn't be playing at all. I call Brandon Tate a Bum not McCarron. Didn't say it so quit trolling.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:11 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Been watching this ridiculousness for 30 years, I'm definitely a fan or I would have jumped ship 25 years ago. How about you reply to everybody calling you out on this 11-4 nonsense , since the team is actually 3-4 in their last seven?

So much Marv. Start off strong, limp to the end. Bow out like a *****.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:12 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Unless San Diego does us a favor and beats Denver Sunday and we can still get the bye.

As if there's any chance that will happen. 

lulz

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: Palmer has looked good in primetime.

Cause that jackass marv isn't his coach anymore.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: So an OT loss to the #1 D in the NFL with our 2nd string QB is the end of the world?      Smack

HOW MANY ***** LOSSES DO SOME OF YOU NEED TO SEE THE SHIT THAT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACES?

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:35 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I wouldn't say that McC can't read a zone defense just because Gruden said they were playing zone instead of man.  A lot of folks are taking credit here for something Gruden noticed Denver's defense doing.  People take it as an opportunity to turn it into a Dalton/McCarron fight when they really just don't know because they can see so very little on the TV.

Hey, they've got a #1 defense, any QB might struggle.  Even the great Aaron Rodgers.  I guess he can't figure out Denver's defense either, right?  Maybe it's just an experience thing.

It is an experience thing.....and you can look back to the first half and see where there were a couple of us wondering just how long they would leave Green with single coverage.  If you watched the game at all....you could plainly see Green wasn't one on one in the second half.  

Yes....it's the #1 defense.....but the obvious halftime adjustment they made resulted in tougher sledding for us the 2nd half.  You also must consider how running the ball to set up 2nd or 3rd and short set our young QB up with manageable conversions.  That was also stopped in the 2nd half.  

No one is taking credit for anything.....it was pretty obvious.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:20 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yay the injury excuse is back. Denver was missing their starting QB and 3 starting offensive lineman. Did they cave in the second half and fumble the ball away to end the game?

BUNGLES, BUNGLES, BUNGLES.

Yeah, the excuse train is so ***** old.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:21 AM)Beaker Wrote: Team loss. O made mistakes. D made mistakes. ST made mistakes.

I made a mistake thinking this team was any different from previous Marv teams.

Reply/Quote