Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
(12-29-2015, 02:05 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Who are you to say what bengal fans do and don't do?

People are tired of this. 

TThis will be another one and done year. 

I'm the self appointed monitor of that word.  If a Bengals fan says it, they get neg rep from me.  Deal with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:58 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: This loss is one nuge, and honestly aj green. If he actually finishes his route in the endzone the game doesn't make OT

Good to know i'm not the only one that saw him quitting on plays and standing around instead of blocking. 

What goes on in that guys head sometimes?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Chokey McDickhead

Meanwhile... Josh Brown is kicking 93.1% on his FG, with a long of 53 and 3 for 3 at 50+.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK.  I'm calling you out.  This is an 11-4 team genius.  And Bengals fans don't use that word.

11-4 and fading fast.....Bungled is the ONLY way to describe that loss. Sorry
Reply/Quote
Nugent and the defense lost this one. Did they really think the other team wouldn't make half-time adjustments????

Just when they get you thinking this team maybe special--they BUNGLE it up on national TV. Way to guys.

30 mins of football, that's all you needed.

Whatever...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Classic Marvin football. Nothing changes.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:05 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Well AJ should have false started.  Terrible coaching terrible.  This is how we will lose our playoff game.  ***** coaches should all go **** themselves.  This game was so poorly coached.  It's just impossible for this team not to repeatedly do stupid ***** shot every god damn game.

Hue needs to go play in ***** traffic.  The way he handcuffed this team in the second half makes me want to vomit.  

Late plays and numerous wasted timeouts.  Couldn't get plays called to let our offense get set all second half.  Repeatedly abandoning what's working.  Why the **** is it so hard for Hue to figure out zone coverage when our defense gets ***** torched by it every second half this season?  

Andre Smith plays well all game and gets destroyed in the 4th quarter.  Yet Hue gives him zero help.  Hue is the only OC that designs plays to over commit blockers and never blocks the backside defenders who come around and make the tackle 99% of the time.  

After scoring two TDs Hue just stopped calling the plays that were working.  It's not that what we were doing wasn't working anymore because they were stopping it but Hue just stopped calling them.

I just don't get why we always have to have coaches who think they are smarter than 50 years of football.  They always have to be at the forefront of the NFL.  Just call smart/sound football plays and let the God Damn players win you the game.  

Guenther puts in Lamur and sits us in a zone and they march right down the damn field on us.  

I don't know what is worse?  The Browns revolving coach door or us being stuck with coaches that are too stupid to win us a meaningful game.  We will lose our wild card game this same ***** method because these damn coaches think they have to be the spotlight of the game.  Guess what...win and you'll get another shot at a HC gig.  

All this stupid gimmick crap does nothing...nothing.

What was working in the first half, wasn't working in the second half. The main thing was Denver was effective at stopping the run in the second half, a big differentiator from the first half.

Chalk this one up to a Denver D outplaying our offense. Our D did decent, but not good enough to support our O against their D.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:07 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm the self appointed monitor of that word.  If a Bengals fan says it, they get neg rep from me.  Deal with it.
When you hear something enough, and constantly prove the people who are saying it right, you tend to believe it yourself
Reply/Quote
Dalton is gone, but the prime-time woes live on.

Maybe some day people will figure out that it's a Marv issue, not a Dalton specific problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:58 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah where are you all week, all month?  I've never seen you before.  You only come in to gripe about a loss.  Your PROMISES mean nothing.  

This weak attempt at a reply makes no sense.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:05 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Well AJ should have false started.  Terrible coaching terrible.  This is how we will lose our playoff game.  ***** coaches should all go **** themselves.  This game was so poorly coached.  It's just impossible for this team not to repeatedly do stupid ***** shot every god damn game.

Hue needs to go play in ***** traffic.  The way he handcuffed this team in the second half makes me want to vomit.  

Late plays and numerous wasted timeouts.  Couldn't get plays called to let our offense get set all second half.  Repeatedly abandoning what's working.  Why the **** is it so hard for Hue to figure out zone coverage when our defense gets ***** torched by it every second half this season?  

Andre Smith plays well all game and gets destroyed in the 4th quarter.  Yet Hue gives him zero help.  Hue is the only OC that designs plays to over commit blockers and never blocks the backside defenders who come around and make the tackle 99% of the time.  

After scoring two TDs Hue just stopped calling the plays that were working.  It's not that what we were doing wasn't working anymore because they were stopping it but Hue just stopped calling them.

I just don't get why we always have to have coaches who think they are smarter than 50 years of football.  They always have to be at the forefront of the NFL.  Just call smart/sound football plays and let the God Damn players win you the game.  

Guenther puts in Lamur and sits us in a zone and they march right down the damn field on us.  

I don't know what is worse?  The Browns revolving coach door or us being stuck with coaches that are too stupid to win us a meaningful game.  We will lose our wild card game this same ***** method because these damn coaches think they have to be the spotlight of the game.  Guess what...win and you'll get another shot at a HC gig.  

All this stupid gimmick crap does nothing...nothing.
Reply/Quote
I think we did pretty good considering having a back up QB on the road making his second start against the best D in the NFL. He had 200 yards passing and no turnovers until that last embarrassing one. That was not that bad of a game but having a rookie QB was too much in that situation. The coaches really need to get on AJ for giving up on plays though.
Reply/Quote
I still am at a loss for the lack of discipline on this team ( and not just tonight) and no accountability.  Green doesn't run his route hard on what may have been a touchdown, Burfict implodes again, TE doesn't stay in bounds.  These are the kind of things that keep happening over and over and no accountability. This has been going on for years.

Missed fgs happen, but not running your route hard, getting stupid personal fouls reflect on coaching.  I guarantee you The Pats wouldn't put up with this type of play.  As long as this is tolerated, this is what we get.  
Reply/Quote
Get ready for Marvin's alter ego Dr. Hibbert later today.
Reply/Quote
Our losses have been damn close. This team is still awesome to watch. We almost beat Arizona in Arizona, 37-34. Backup QB runs into the #1 D and almost wins.

The coaches have some contribution to the loss and that should just never happen, that is a disappointment, Lapham and the other tools don't have the balls to ask tough questions. Lapham is probably as annoying as Marvin.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:07 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Love people saying the defense is to blame. Give up 20 on the road? You win those games.

Leading by 14-0 on the road....you hold onto those games with D.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We just played Denver at Denver, who is playing for their playoff lives, into OT with our backup QB with 3 starts plus injuries.  Some of you guys need to put the bottle down and come back to reality.

They are playing with a backup QB too, and we were playing for the #2 seed.  They also handed us 3 great opportunities to win the game.

Don't make excuses.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think it's time we quit blaming QBs.....three of em....same results.

Please try not to put words in my mouth.  This is absolutely not on AJ.  This is on coaching.  10000000% and probably not much is ever going to change until the culture of this kind of stuff is gone.

Am I pissed that AJ fumbled the snap / game away? Yeah.  Am I putting the blame on him? Hell no he's done fantastic for his experience level and wasn't put in a good position to win this game by pathetic 2nd half coaching.

I didn't mention Dalton or Palmer or anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We just played Denver at Denver, who is playing for their playoff lives, into OT with our backup QB with 3 starts plus injuries.  Some of you guys need to put the bottle down and come back to reality.

READ THIS REAL LOUD
Reply/Quote

I think you're the one drinking friend.  This team was taking it to Denver...screwed up a field goal, and then came out in the second half and its offensive coordination completely changed what was working in the first half and continued with the same bs run plays, flat screens just about the entire second half.  This team should have won this game but the coaching staff 1000% failed them, and that is clear whether drinking or not.
Reply/Quote