Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wk 17 Practice (Eifert back)
Tyler Eifert has cleared concussion protocol and participated in practice, but it's still not known if he'll play Sunday.

Andy put in some time on the side, doing dropback drills and some rehab work.

AJ McCarron also practiced, but Ryan Hewitt did not.
Reply/Quote
Great news that Eifert cleared concussion protocol.. will be Bengals decision on if he plays or how much on Sunday now...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All great news. Wink
Reply/Quote
Sure hope they are practicing zone defenses w AJ.
Reply/Quote
Great thread
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sure hope they are practicing zone defenses w AJ.

Right and make the other AJ run laps for stopping on his routes.
Reply/Quote
Glad Eifert is back although I'd keep him limited in this game. If Kroft is looking good, then I'd pull Eifert and make sure he's ready for the playoffs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wenning is jumping for joy....  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Glad Eifert is back although I'd keep him limited in this game. If Kroft is looking good, then I'd pull Eifert and make sure he's ready for the playoffs.

I'd put them both in at the same time because having two tight ends on the field at the same time would make McCarron's life a lot easier.  

The Ravens have been good at covering tight ends and bad at covering receivers, but I'd like to see what Eifert and Kroft on the field at the same time would be like because, given how good Kroft has looked, I think we could have something special.
Reply/Quote
I'd put Eifert in now, does AJM and Eifert have any rapport in game? Not good to keep Eifert that long and force AJM to find rapport in a playoff game.

If you're saving Eifert, you agree, the dude is brittle then...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Any news on Hewitt? How long or extent of injury? I think his presents was missed !!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Any news on Hewitt?  How long or extent of injury?  I think his presents was missed !!

For Christmas???

He didn't practice because of illness, but Lewis stated he didn't expect him to miss time because of his knee.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: For Christmas???

He didn't practice because of illness, but Lewis stated he didn't expect him to miss time because of his knee.

Yes...dont worry I am an English Teacher..  ok Great to know...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right and make the other AJ run laps for stopping on his routes.

I'm still of the opinion that the QB screwed up and it was essentially a scramble drill at that point.

If you saw Green's eyes during the replay when he started to run again, there looked to be absolute shock that he still had the ball.  This lead me to believe that the play was designed to run to the strong side of the field and, for whatever reason, the QB didn't release the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm still of the opinion that the QB screwed up and it was essentially a scramble drill at that point.

If you saw Green's eyes during the replay when he started to run again, there looked to be absolute shock that he still had the ball.  This lead me to believe that the play was designed to run to the strong side of the field and, for whatever reason, the QB didn't release the ball.

Stop making excuses for Green's poor play. He gave up on that route and many others throughout the years. Yes, he may go down as the Bengals GOAT WRs but his inconsistency on the field is evident.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:09 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Stop making excuses for Green's poor play. He gave up on that route and many others throughout the years. Yes, he may go down as the Bengals GOAT WRs but his inconsistency on the field is evident.

When has he given up on routes?

As far as the route in question, it looked like he was going to stop and go across the field or something and was just a miscommunication.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right and make the other AJ run laps for stopping on his routes.

that would be route.. need to drop the s...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:09 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Stop making excuses for Green's poor play. He gave up on that route and many others throughout the years. Yes, he may go down as the Bengals GOAT WRs but his inconsistency on the field is evident.

I have seen a lot more awesome catches by AJ not few others could have made over a few mistakes on routes... 

He is on pace to be a Hall of Famer and if he stays healthy he will be a HOF 
Reply/Quote

So much this. And for not blocking downfield when other receivers catch balls.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm still of the opinion that the QB screwed up and it was essentially a scramble drill at that point.

My feeling is, finish the damn route! Even if it's just to draw defenders down the field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote