Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Wk 8 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(11-01-2015, 06:30 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Congrats, guys.  Your boys pulled this one out.

Thanks.  Your D played well.  Hope Bell lis OK.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:31 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Can all of the boobirds shut the hell up now? Tongue  Can they now realize that this team DOES NOT QUIT no matter what? The Steelers played really hard. We didn't back down from them. They are a good team, and it is always hard to beat them in their house. Yes, we played badly, but this team still finds a way to win. Today, they showed me that they are a great team.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Some of us never gave up - it's a different team this year!  Who-Dey!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ugly bas all heck but we won despite being very out of sync on offense in by far the biggest game of the season!

Good to see Hill is back in form, or looks like it - Gio and Hill ran very well all game, not sure why they were underutilized. Would like to hear answer a question directly about that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Even though it doesn't matter now...Can someone explain what should have been PI call???
Reply/Quote
We've shown we can win ugly, at one of the toughest places to go in football. Yet another big statement. 7-0.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I followed this thread all game and I didn't lag even just a little bit just once. That's better than how the old board held up. This board is excellent!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....last year...this was the perfect implosion game in years past.  Shanked punt....muffed snaps....blocked FG....sacks....INTs....we usually fold like a cheap suit.  Not this year.  We win, and win ugly.  I like it.

It's the AFC North.  We should be used to ugly games.

Doesn't matter as long as we keep winning them.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:27 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How do they overturn a ruled incomplete pass a complete pass without a review?

Not to mention he didn't maintain control of the ball all the way through going to the ground.  Add in the fact that if it was a catch his momentum was going backwards so the clock would have still ran.  

I know we won but that was called so poorly it could have decided the outcome of the game.  That was missed on so many levels it's not funny.

The official right there saw the ball come out when it hit the ground on the sideline.  As he didn't see it was a catch, he ruled it incomplete and annoucned it signaled as such and it was announced, at which point the official who could see it clearly was able to tell the ref that it was a clear catch and the receiver had established himself as a runner, so they announced the correction.

Up to that point they got it correct.

Where they screwed up is not winding the clock afterwards...
Reply/Quote
And the cherry on top is that the doubters can no longer say we haven'y beaten anybody with a winning record

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Even though it doesn't matter now...Can someone explain what should have been PI call???
It wasn't illegal contact before the pass because Dalton was out of the pocket.

There was PI while the ball was in the air, but the pass was uncatchable so the penalty wasn't enforced.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....last year...this was the perfect implosion game in years past.  Shanked punt....muffed snaps....blocked FG....sacks....INTs....we usually fold like a cheap suit.  Not this year.  We win, and win ugly.  I like it.

Not to mention 27 penalties, but yes ugly win is fantastic ! Never say die !!
Reply/Quote
Typical ACFN Bengals/Steeler game
Reply/Quote
1: If this game was in Cincy, the Bengals walk away 30-10 or more margin of victory. Really really impressed with the Steelers home field throughout the game. It was a huge advantage for them.

2: How about Vontaze Burfict and that Bengals D!? HUGE HUGE HUGE difference maker.

3: These kinds of wins are the ones the Bengals need. Tough, physical game. Battle of wills.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:36 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I followed this thread all game and I didn't lag even just a little bit just once. That's better than how the old board held up. This board is excellent!

What OS & browser are you using?

I've had it hang up a few times, but my laptop has Vista running IE9, so I can't tell if that's the cause the few times its happened.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not to mention 27 penalties, but yes ugly win is fantastic ! Never say die !!

I take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Steve Smith tore his achilles

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It wasn't illegal contact before the pass because Dalton was out of the pocket.

There was PI while the ball was in the air, but the pass was uncatchable so the penalty wasn't enforced.

I'm not so sure there is no illegal contact with the QB out of the pocket is there?  I think it was a make up call for the Dre K PI in their endzone
Reply/Quote
Hopefully nobody is seriously injured....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:27 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I didn't say that.  I feel your sentiment, but I'd never say it that way.

Sorry my fault wrong reply button! Didn't mean to make it look like you said something you didn't. I said F you refs because it's well deserved. If any refs were to ever be suspended for BS botched calls it should be some from this game. D stayed cool and won in spite of that trash officiating.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What OS & browser are you using?

I've had it hang up a few times, but my laptop has Vista running IE9, so I can't tell if that's the cause the few times its happened.

Chrome. Sometime Chrome lags for no reason, but today I didn't have any problems at all.
Reply/Quote