Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Wk 8 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
Glad we got an ugly win versus a tough division opponent but let's not forget this was a very sloppy game on our side. A healthy Ben and Bell and the story would have been different. Let's hope from here on out Hue runs a more balanced offense and starts including our talented RBs.

Defense played very well minus a few plays and it looks like Dunlap came back. Burfict looked really good in his limited snaps and if we can get Maualuga back our run defense will be a lot better.

Ugly win, but good teams win ugly even when nothing is going their way.
Reply/Quote
Burfict. Huge difference maker too.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:41 PM)pally Wrote: Steve Smith tore his achilles

Ravens are done.......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: And the cherry on top is that the doubters can no longer say we haven'y beaten anybody with a winning record
We haven't.  They are .500.  If the Raiders win we will have beaten a team with a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:30 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Congrats, guys.  Your boys pulled this one out.

Ty.....typical AFCN slobberknocker.  Your defense played very inspired ball.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The game was not on in my area. Does anyone have a video of the play where Bell got hurt? Some Steelers fans were claiming Burfict was celebrating Bell's injury. I don't believe it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What OS & browser are you using?

I've had it hang up a few times, but my laptop has Vista running IE9, so I can't tell if that's the cause the few times its happened.

WTF uses IE anymore? might as well get netscape navigator. go get zilla or chrome. good god man......
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We haven't.  They are .500.  If the Raiders win we will have beaten a team with a winning record.
Uhmm, weren't the Steelers 4/3 (0.571) going into this game? That's beating a winning team.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....last year...this was the perfect implosion game in years past.  Shanked punt....muffed snaps....blocked FG....sacks....INTs....we usually fold like a cheap suit.  Not this year.  We win, and win ugly.  I like it.

I forecast another ugly win....in the AFCCG against NE!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:20 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: I have a bad feeling..

Good news is, your feelings are a liar. You can stop listening to them.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:44 PM)WildCat Wrote: WTF uses IE anymore? might as well get netscape navigator. go get zilla or chrome. good god man......

No no! Use the old AOL browser! Or better yet LYNX! You just don't get any better watching football than a text browser .. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: I forecast another ugly win....in the AFCCG against NE!

I would love to play that one in our house.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. It wasn't pretty, but they still got the job done.

All the great teams have games they should have lost and yet still won. Let's just hope we can get back to playing the way we did BEFORE the bye.

That was a good way to win, coming out flat after the bye. Should have them jacked up for the next 24 hrs then on to work downing the Browns.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: And the good news is that I recorded this masterpiece. I can't imagine ever re-watching this POS though.

lol. I record every game. I'll probably rewatch the 4th quarter tonight and then delete it.  Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Even though it doesn't matter now...Can someone explain what should have been PI call???

No pass interference because the ball was uncatchable.  No illegal contact on the second push because Dalton was out of the pocket.  I believe the first push was missed, though.  Defenders are allowed to contact receivers within 5 yards, but they must break contact when the receiver moves more than 5 yards downfield or when the receiver draws even with the defender.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:29 PM)6andcounting Wrote: There was no forward progress. Bryant ran out of bounds and lost about 2 yards of field position in the process.
Correct, and thus by rule the clock shouldn't have stopped as he was moving back toward the LOS.
(11-01-2015, 06:42 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Chrome. Sometime Chrome lags for no reason, but today I didn't have any problems at all.
Damn, I was afraid you were going to say that.
(11-01-2015, 06:44 PM)WildCat Wrote: WTF uses IE anymore? might as well get netscape navigator. go get zilla or chrome. good god man......
Just not a fan of Chrome.  I have to use it for certain things at work, and I just don't care for it.  I can't put my finger on why, I just dislike it.
(11-01-2015, 06:45 PM)barkerja Wrote: Uhmm, weren't the Steelers 4/3 (0.571) going into this game? That's beating a winning team.
But it's not based on record at the time of the matchup.  The Chargers were 1-0 when we played them.  So by your comment it was a moot point for anyone to have said we hadn't beaten a team with a winning record this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We haven't.  They are .500.  If the Raiders win we will have beaten a team with a winning record.

they were a winning team when we played them..

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
new franchise record. 7-0. glenn died and then the steelers died.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....last year...this was the perfect implosion game in years past.  Shanked punt....muffed snaps....blocked FG....sacks....INTs....we usually fold like a cheap suit.  Not this year.  We win, and win ugly.  I like it.

I totally agree. The old Andy and team really, would have just folded up, but not this year. Who-Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just not a fan of Chrome.  I have to use it for certain things at work, and I just don't care for it.  I can't put my finger on why, I just dislike it.

that's cuz chrome is all about advers's i don't like it and i refuse to use it but IE is even more garbage. mozilla is even a big ***** anymore these days, still better than IE. get yourself a fantastic graphics card cuz flash browsing is killing them softly.
Reply/Quote