Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman kicked out of restroom for looking like a dude
http://www.advocate.com/business/2015/06/17/detroit-woman-kicked-out-restaurant-bathroom-looking-man-sues
People suck
(04-22-2016, 09:56 AM)Griever Wrote: http://www.advocate.com/business/2015/06/17/detroit-woman-kicked-out-restaurant-bathroom-looking-man-sues

And now we have more incidents of this than of a transgender person attacking someone in the "wrong" bathroom.

btw, "cisgender"?  New one to me! Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The first comment is replied to by a troll whose fake page says he went to Harvard, and they are as offended by his claiming to go to Harvard as to his comments. Well not as offended, but it really bugs them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So does cisgender mean normal? You are what God made you.

Sucks that this happened to this girl but if she doesn't want to be mistaken for a dude then maybe she should rethink her look.

The security guard was just following complaints. When someone gets beligerent things will escalate.

I have a great meme on this topic but I'm not sure if I can post.
(04-22-2016, 10:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So does cisgender mean normal?   You are what God made you.  

Sucks that this happened to this girl but if she doesn't want to be mistaken for a dude then maybe she should rethink her look.  

The security guard was just following complaints.   When someone gets beligerent things will escalate.  

Of course...the whole world should look the way YOU want it to look, not we should understand not everyone meets YOUR version of normal.

There's the problem right there in black and white folks.

Mellow
(04-22-2016, 10:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So does cisgender mean normal?   You are what God made you.  

The security guard was just following complaints.   When someone gets beligerent things will escalate.  

That's a guess.

Two things on the OP:
1- This is what you get when you let terrified people run the world.
2- What chain fish restaurant has a security guard?
(04-22-2016, 10:48 AM)Benton Wrote: That's a guess.

Two things on the OP:

1 - Bingo
2 - One in Detroit.   Ninja
(04-22-2016, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: There's the problem right there in black and white folks.

Racist !
Ninja

I wonder how well the bathroom sharing will go in bars ?
Surely nothing could happen with alcohol being involved.

Just because someone makes a complaint doesn't give you carte blanche to do what you want.  You investigate.  Like maybe look at her ID which she offered. 

And what restaurant has a security guard?-Oops Benton already asked that question.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-22-2016, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Of course...the whole world should look the way YOU want it to look, not we should understand not everyone meets YOUR version of normal.

There's the problem right there in black and white folks.

Mellow

If this happened as the story said then she caused a stir with her butch look.

I don't think this went down the way the story claims however. I am quite sure they had a run in prior.
(04-22-2016, 10:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Racist !
Ninja

I've been to several that had only one bathroom and it was unisex.

Funny story:  I was out on a date night with my wife a few years ago and went to use the restroom and the door wasn't locked so I walked in to find one lady on the toilet and another fixing her hair!  I was as embarrassed as they were!   Hilarious

I stood outside and waited for them to finish and when they walked around the corner I heard them laughing and talking about it.  I told my wife I almost wanted to buy them a drink to make up for it!  Should have locked the door!

It was funny though.
(04-22-2016, 10:48 AM)Benton Wrote: That's a guess.

Two things on the OP:

1. That's a little over the top. Especially considering we both know there is a lot more to this story.

2. Detroit has an Insanely long police response time. Which is why there was a big push for private security for business.
(04-22-2016, 11:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If this happened as the story said then she caused a stir with her butch look.    

I don't think this went down the way the story claims however.   I am quite sure they had a run in prior.

What, from that story, gives that idea?

Just admit you have a preconceived notion of what a woman "should" look like and that if they do no meet that standard you don't care how they are treated.  It is "their own fault".
There was another recent news story about something like this at a McDonald's, where a young woman was told to leave for using the women's room. I didn't bother posting it because there was some "he said/she said" going on between McD's and the woman and it was hard to really suss out the truth from it.
(04-22-2016, 10:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Just because someone makes a complaint doesn't give you carte blanche to do what you want.  You investigate.  Like maybe look at her ID which she offered. 

And what restaurant has a security guard?

Yeah I agree. But there is more to this story.
(04-22-2016, 10:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Racist !
Ninja

About a year ago I was one of those hibatchi places with my family. The other couple at the cook table were young and hammered. After a while, she went to the bathroom. A few minutes went by and I had to go to. So I go in, step up to the urinal and hear a flush. Standing behind me after having just dropped a drunken log is the drunk girl from my table.

"Not f'ing cool, man," she said and then walked out.

All I could think of the rest of the night was if they had urinals in the ladies room, because how else did she not know? Unless she thought I was peeing in the sink.

(04-22-2016, 11:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If this happened as the story said then she caused a stir with her butch look.    

I don't think this went down the way the story claims however.   I am quite sure they had a run in prior.

(04-22-2016, 11:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I agree.   But there is more to this story.

That, again, is a guess.

who cares if she looks butch?

she shouldnt have to change her appearance for you ignorant folks to not lose their shit and claim you are being harmed when people with an ounce of humanity call you on your shit
People suck
(04-22-2016, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've been to several that had only one bathroom and it was unisex.

Funny story:  I was out on a date night with my wife a few years ago and went to use the restroom and the door wasn't locked so I walked in to find one lady on the toilet and another fixing her hair!  I was as embarrassed as they were!   Hilarious

I stood outside and waited for them to finish and when they walked around the corner I heard them laughing and talking about it.  I told my wife I almost wanted to buy them a drink to make up for it!  Should have locked the door!

It was funny though.

(04-22-2016, 11:14 AM)Benton Wrote: About a year ago I was one of those hibatchi places with my family. The other couple at the cook table were young and hammered. After a while, she went to the bathroom. A few minutes went by and I had to go to. So I go in, step up to the urinal and hear a flush. Standing behind me after having just dropped a drunken log is the drunk girl from my table.

"Not f'ing cool, man," she said and then walked out.

All I could think of the rest of the night was if they had urinals in the ladies room, because how else did she not know? Unless she thought I was peeing in the sink.

That, again, is a guess.

Good stuff !

I know I've had similar situations, but I was too hammered to put the whole story together on any of them.
They were accidental or there was a huge line in the men's room.

Most occurred when I worked at a bar, so I could always say I was checking the TP....lol
Well, to be fair, she WAS out of the kitchen? Mellow
(04-22-2016, 12:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Good stuff !

I know I've had similar situations, but I was too hammered to put the whole story together on any of them.
They were accidental or there was a huge line in the men's room.

Most occurred when I worked at a bar, so I could always say I was checking the TP....lol

Or a concert, or a sporting event.  Usually copious amounts of alcohol involved though with the young ladies!