Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Embarrass Anti-Abortion Governor Mike Pence In A Hilarious Way
http://the-daily.buzz/anti-abortion-hilarious/?utm_content=inf_10_1163_2&tse_id=INF_e4b87e1844e04bf78b45820b179954eb

Quote:This past month, Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed into law an anti-abortion bill known as HB1337. Public outcry in regards to this new law has been loud and passionate.

Even some Republicans in Pence’s state have opposed this bill, saying that it is both demeaning to women and lacks any sort of compassion for those who are considering getting an abortion.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-04-06-at-12.23.37-PM.png]
[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-04-06-at-12.23.37-PM.png](CREDIT: Facebook)

Despite this, Governor Pence has not backed down, and the unjust law stands.

Pence has said:

Quote:By enacting this legislation, we take an important step in protecting the unborn, while still providing an exception for the life of the mother.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-04-06-at-12.22.56-PM.png]
[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-04-06-at-12.22.56-PM.png](CREDIT: Facebook)

But one Facebook page is taking on the governor in a hilarious and creative way.

“Periods for Pence” now has over 23,000 likes and is the home base of an online campaign that is encouraging women to call Governor Pence’s office and give whomever picks up the phone a detailed description of what is happening with their vaginas on that day.

Since launching and growing, Periods for Pence has increased its targeted politicians to include Casey Cox, the author of the original bill.

The page now shares its best call transcripts with its followers, and is going viral.

Some might say this is TMI. But, considering how deeply concerned Governor Pence is with the vaginas of every female Hoosier, we feel this is exactly how much information he needs.

Info on the bill.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pence-lawmakers-face-backlash-indiana-abortion-law-38202511

Quote:The backlash against the bill — which bans abortions sought because of fetal abnormalities, including those that can lead to later miscarriages, and mandates fetal remains be either cremated or buried — has gained momentum. Activists plan a Statehouse rally Saturday challenging both legislators and Pence, who built a reputation in Congress as an anti-abortion activist and billed the new law as a "comprehensive pro-life measure."

Anti-abortion laws have seen much success in Indiana, with little opposition from the GOP-dominated Legislature. Among those are restrictions on insurance coverage, waiting periods for procedures and limits on when abortions can be performed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-07-2016, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://the-daily.buzz/anti-abortion-hilarious/?utm_content=inf_10_1163_2&tse_id=INF_e4b87e1844e04bf78b45820b179954eb

Info on the bill.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pence-lawmakers-face-backlash-indiana-abortion-law-38202511

im showing this to the wife, im sure she will get a kick out of this
People suck
My wife showed this to me when it first started up. Reading some of the interactions has been hilarious. I feel bad for the office workers in there because they have been getting rude and hanging up on people, which I can understand the frustration on their part, but they need to remain professional.
I'm not sure I'm following. Is Indiana telling women what to do with their viginas?

If so this has gone too far.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-07-2016, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure I'm following. Is Indiana telling women what to do with their viginas?

If so this has gone too far.
Vaginas, mo. Reproductive organs yes.the part many (me included) has issue with is it prohibits abortions for any abnormality. I realize abortion is a catchall word, but im some of those instances women are going to put themselves and their ability to conceive at risk if they carry some genetic abnormalities to term.
(04-07-2016, 05:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Vaginas, mo. Reproductive organs yes.the part many (me included) has issue with is it prohibits abortions for any abnormality. I realize abortion is a catchall word, but im some of those instances women are going to put themselves and their ability to conceive at risk if they carry some genetic abnormalities to term.

Even if there is a risk of miscarriage.  Because a woman should understand that god loves her and wants her to go through that anguish in order to protect the fetus that has miscarried.  

Or something.
I just called Gov. Pence's office. They seemed really confused when i told them Bfine32 was feeling a little grumpy today.
(04-07-2016, 05:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Vaginas, mo. Reproductive organs yes.the part many (me included) has issue with is it prohibits abortions for any abnormality. I realize abortion is a catchall word, but im some of those instances women are going to put themselves and their ability to conceive at risk if they carry some genetic abnormalities to term.
I will say if at anytime carrying a child endangers the health of the mother and the state mandates that she cannot terminate the pregnancy; then they have over-stepped their bounds.  Perhaps I'll research the proposal further.

(04-07-2016, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say if at anytime carrying a child endangers the health of the mother and the state mandates that she cannot terminate the pregnancy; then they have over-stepped their bounds.  Perhaps I'll research the proposal further.

good luck finding one that meets your "standards"
People suck
(04-07-2016, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: This past month, Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed into law an anti-abortion bill known as HB1337

Wait, he signed house bill leet?  Epic troll.
(04-08-2016, 10:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, he signed house bill leet?  Epic troll.

I was hoping that I wasn't the only one who seen that.
(04-08-2016, 08:56 AM)Griever Wrote: good luck finding one that meets your "standards"

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1337#

I went with the State's Government webpage. Seems legit; here's the bill, without the OMG:

Quote:Abortion. Requires the state department of health to develop certain information concerning perinatal hospice care. Requires physicians to provide information about perinatal hospice care to a pregnant woman who is considering an abortion because the unborn child has been diagnosed with a lethal fetal anomaly. Requires documentation as a matter of informed consent to an abortion that the pregnant woman received the required information about perinatal hospice care. Provides that the gender of the fetus and the medical indication by diagnosis code for the fetus and the mother must be reported on the pregnancy termination form for an early pre-viabilitytermination. Prohibits a person from performing an abortion if the person knows that the pregnant woman is seeking the abortion solely because of: (1) the race, color, national origin, ancestry, or sex of the fetus; or (2) a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of the fetus having Down syndrome or any other disability. Provides for disciplinary sanctions and civil liability for wrongful death if a person knowingly or intentionally performs a sex selective abortion or an abortion conducted because of a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of Down syndrome or any other disability. Provides that informed consent for an abortion must be obtained in a private setting. Provides that a pregnant woman considering an abortion must be given the opportunity to view the fetal ultrasound imaging and hear the auscultation of the fetal heart tone at least 18 hours before the abortion is performed and at the same time that informed consent is obtained. Provides that a written agreement between a physician performing an abortion and a physician who has written admitting privileges at a hospital in the county or contiguous county concerning the management of possible complications of the services must be renewed annually. Requires the state department of health (state department) to submit copies of admitting privileges and written agreements between physicians to other hospitals in the county and contiguous counties where abortions are performed. Requires that certain forms must include lines for the signature of the physician or other provider and the professional credentials of the physician or other provider. Provides that a person who knowingly transports an aborted fetus into, or out of, Indiana commits a Class A misdemeanor, unless the aborted fetus is transported for the sole purpose of final disposition. Provides that a miscarried or aborted fetus must be interred or cremated by a facility having possession of the remains. Requires a person or facility having possession of a miscarried or aborted fetus to ensure that the miscarried fetus or aborted fetus is preserved until final disposition occurs. Specifies that: (1) a person is not required to designated a name for the miscarried or aborted fetus; and (2) information submitted with respect to the disposition of a miscarried or aborted fetus that may be used to identify the parent or parents of a miscarried fetus or a pregnant who had an abortion is confidential and must be redacted from any public records maintained under the burial permit law. Specifies that miscarried and aborted fetuses may be cremated by simultaneous cremation. Excludes the final disposition of a miscarried or aborted fetus from the law governing the treatment of infectious or pathological waste. Makes conforming changes. Provides that the performance of an abortion solely because of the race, color, sex, disability, national origin, or ancestry of the fetus or a violation of certain statutes protecting the right of conscience regarding abortion is a discriminatory practice for purposes of the civil rights law. Defines fetal tissue. Prohibits an individual from acquiring, receiving, selling, or transferring fetal tissue. Makes it a Level 5 felony to unlawfully: (1) transfer; and (2) collect fetal tissue. Establishes an exemption for the criminal penalty of unlawful use of an embryo if the transfer or receipt of a fetus was requested in writing by a biological parent for purposes of an autopsy.

I see nothing that states a woman cannot have an abortion if her health is in question. As usual there may have been just a touch of embellishment. Like that law in NC that repealed every LBGT anti-discrimination bill ever.

(04-08-2016, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1337#

I went with the State's Government webpage. Seems legit; here's the bill, without the OMG:

I see nothing that states a woman cannot have an abortion if her health is in question. As usual there may have been just a touch of embellishment. Like that law in NC that repealed every LBGT anti-discrimination bill ever.

Maybe because that wasn't brought up in the OP?

Quote:The backlash against the bill — which bans abortions sought because of fetal abnormalities, including those that can lead to later miscarriages

Which it does do, just not in those words because...politics.

Quote:Prohibits a person from performing an abortion if the person knows that the pregnant woman is seeking the abortion solely because of: (1) the race, color, national origin, ancestry, or sex of the fetus; or (2) a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of the fetus having Down syndrome or any other disability. Provides for disciplinary sanctions and civil liability for wrongful death if a person knowingly or intentionally performs a sex selective abortion or an abortion conducted because of a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of Down syndrome or any other disability.

Of course how much trauma could a woman REALLY go through when she is forced to carry a child that will likely miscarry?  I mean come on!  Jebus might save them both!  

And if she HAS to go through the procedure of giving birth to a dead baby, well...that's the price you pay when you get pregnant in a GOP controlled state.  After all the small government types know what is best for the vagina!

(04-08-2016, 02:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe because that wasn't brought up in the OP?

Which it does do, just not in those words because...politics.

Of course how much trauma could a woman REALLY go through when she is forced to carry a child that will likely miscarry?  I mean come on!  Jebus might save them both!  

And if she HAS to go through the procedure of giving birth to a dead baby, well...that's the price you pay when you get pregnant in a GOP controlled state.  After all the small government types know what is best for the vagina!

Once again the actual words of the Bill have been posted. Some folks can read it and decide what it says for themselves; others can listen to biased commentary and the use of such words as "force, dead baby, vagina, ect...

(04-08-2016, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once again the actual words of the Bill have been posted. Some folks can read it and decide what it says for themselves; others can listen to biased commentary and the use of such words as "force, dead baby, vagina, ect...

"other".

That's all you need to read to understand.

They leave it open so it can be expanded.

It is not quite the same as when one state wanted to force vaginal ultrasounds on women who wanted an abortion, I'll grant you that.
How does this embarrass anyone other than the person pulling the prank?

This is stupid or maybe I just don't get it. Can someone explain the embarrassment to me so I can enjoy the joke?
(04-08-2016, 09:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How does this embarrass anyone other than the person pulling the prank?

This is stupid or maybe I just don't get it. Can someone explain the embarrassment to me so I can enjoy the joke?

This is what I was thinking. There is a population that should be embarrassed by these actions, but I'm not sure it's the Governor's Office. 

(04-08-2016, 09:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How does this embarrass anyone other than the person pulling the prank?

The only funny part I see is that of some of these people believing themselves clever.
I guess it made them feel better....meh

(04-08-2016, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is what I was thinking. There is a population that should be embarrassed by these actions, but I'm not sure it's the Governor's Office. 

(04-09-2016, 07:45 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: The only funny part I see is that of some of these people believing themselves clever.
I guess it made them feel better....meh

Hilarious

The "small government" GOP governor and a bunch of his cronies pass a law to cover pregnancies because they think they know more about women's reproductive health than doctors, women and some of their own colleges.  So a bunch of women call his office to inform him how their menstrual cycle is going and ask for advice.

It is brilliant.

Rock On
(04-09-2016, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

The "small government" GOP governor and a bunch of his cronies pass a law to cover pregnancies because they think they know more about women's reproductive health than doctors, women and some of their own colleges.  So a bunch of women call his office to inform him how their menstrual cycle is going and ask for advice.

It is brilliant.

Rock On

The first one or two, ok.
However, repetition destroys the novelty of the concept.
Will Ferrel's career perfectly illustrates this.
Ninja