Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Womens Olympic competition are no longer just women
(01-23-2016, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with your theory, but taekwondo is a bad example.  They have weight classes, so a guy would not have a huge advantage.  Girls already wrestle boys in high school all over the country.

In wrestling it still is a huge advantage for boys, the strength to weight ratio of high school boys to girls really makes a difference. There have been girls who made the women's Olympic team who were .500 wrestlers on high school varsity teams. I am not real familiar with Taekwondo, but I know in Jiu Jitsu it is similar to wrestling. I have seen blue belt males beat on black belt females, while that isn't always the case, you aren't going to see the inverse of that.
(01-25-2016, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: In wrestling it still is a huge advantage for boys, the strength to weight ratio of high school boys to girls really makes a difference. There have been girls who made the women's Olympic team who were .500 wrestlers on high school varsity teams. I am not real familiar with Taekwondo, but I know in Jiu Jitsu it is similar to wrestling. I have seen blue belt males beat on black belt females, while that isn't always the case, you aren't going to see the inverse of that.

HRT would actually decrease the advantage in muscular strength. Muscle development decreases with HRT for a trans woman. It's obviously not going to be 100% on par, especially if the requirement is for only a year, but the difference would not be as great as some of you are thinking.