Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2018 (bracket challenge too!)
I still dont get Argentina's coach playing Aguero as little has he had including today. I guess Aguero and him didnt get along, but he scored two goals in his limited playing time in these 4 games. Hell he didnt even have Higuan out there nor Dybala at all today as well.

That said congrats to France. Their coach put Griezman back as a cam basically so Giroud and Mbappe could be out there as well. Mbappe is a star in the making at only 19 years old.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 02:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I still dont get Argentina's coach playing Aguero as little has he had including today. I guess Aguero and him didnt get along, but he scored two goals in his limited playing time in these 4 games. Hell he didnt even have Higuan out there nor Dybala at all today as well.

Yeah, a bit strange indeed. Not so much regarding Higuain though, that man seems to have a talent only to score when it doesn't matter so much. In big games, not so much. Dybala and Messi probably just don't go well together.
Overall, this team was highly dysfunctional, starting with Mascherano, who for some reason was supposed to open up the game, which he did by playing lots of insignificant passes and managing to screw up even those while defensively causing penaltys and stuff. The wingers were all bad too, even those who regularly were brought on. Messi chose the style of a genius without having the form to do so. And the defensive four didn't play top notch as a whole. In the sum of things, just not a great team by any stretch, and subverting the coach and his questionable approach sure didn't help.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 02:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: France is a fun team to watch; Griezmam, Kante, and Pogba might be the best midfield in the international game. Mbappe is awesome as well.

Of course my money's on Mertens, De Bruyne, and Hazard.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 02:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I still dont get Argentina's coach playing Aguero as little has he had including today. I guess Aguero and him didnt get along, but he scored two goals in his limited playing time in these 4 games. Hell he didnt even have Higuan out there nor Dybala at all today as well.

That said congrats to France. Their coach put Griezman back as a cam basically so Giroud and Mbappe could be out there as well. Mbappe is a star in the making at only 19 years old.

There's talk that Messi was actually the one making the calls. They called Messi the false 9 and their coach the False coach. I would have liked to see more of Dybala; however, I believe he has said he doesn't play well with Messi on the field and you know which one of those 2 is going to be left out. 

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2018, 11:34 AM)Beaker Wrote: My picks, in order:

1. Germany
2. France
3. Brazil
4. Spain
5. Argentina

Would love to see:

1. Iceland

I am now rooting for Uruguay, France, Croatia and England.
Reply/Quote
Whelp, so much for Spain putting it together in the elimination.

That said, they deserve to be out.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 11:54 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Please don't do this to yourself.

Just a bit of English humour Wink
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/RJqimlFcJsM

While I still can, before Colombia knock us out :)

https://youtu.be/Re4aDJL3heA

Reply/Quote
Japan hasn't fought like that since Iwo Jima and most likely "deserved" the victory. WTS, we got a 1/4 final that is befitting of a final. Here's to hoping Neymar doesn't fall down and roll around like he's been shot full of buckshot every time someone grazes him.

Reply/Quote
This could really spark Belgium. They came out looking slow after not having played a real competitive match in group stage. They got kicked in the teeth, had a few bad breaks, and still found a winner in stoppage time.

Brazil had better be ready.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Japan hasn't fought like that since Iwo Jima and most likely "deserved" the victory. WTS, we got a 1/4 final that is befitting of a final. Here's to hoping Neymar doesn't fall down and roll around like he's been shot full of buckshot every time someone grazes him.

Have to admit I am new fan of the Mexico coach calling him out for that. Basically said he isn't a man since he was literally acting like a little *****.  Then as Neymar does, he was out there running as normal just a couple or so minutes later.

[Image: tumblr_pb8xg9IRId1tf8a5ao2_400.gif?resiz...C229&ssl=1]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Anybody but Brazil.
Reply/Quote
Good for England, but more importantly good for my work bracket. LOL
Reply/Quote
That ref you Americans sent over was f****** dreadful! :)

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:45 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: That ref you Americans sent over was f****** dreadful! :)

Sure, he was, but cut him some slack. This guy is used to referee MLS games. He couldn't possibly handle all the speed, all the passing, all the deliberate attempts to score.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 08:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, he was, but cut him some slack. This guy is used to referee MLS games. He couldn't possibly handle all the speed, all the passing, all the deliberate attempts to score.

Please the reffing in the world cup is always bad.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 01:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Please the reffing in the world cup is always bad.

That's true, it often is. This guy still was particularly bad though.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:45 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: That ref you Americans sent over was f****** dreadful! :)

What are you griping about? Every time Kane dove he got the call.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 11:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: What are you griping about? Every time Kane dove he got the call.

While England certainly got some favorable calls, that referee never had any control of the game.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 06:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Have to admit I am new fan of the Mexico coach calling him out for that. Basically said he isn't a man since he was literally acting like a little *****.  Then as Neymar does, he was out there running as normal just a couple or so minutes later.

[Image: tumblr_pb8xg9IRId1tf8a5ao2_400.gif?resiz...C229&ssl=1]

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1014857579489644544

Reply/Quote