Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2018 (bracket challenge too!)
(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Viva La Mexico!!!! 

Where do you go to see who everyone will play after the group stage is complete?  I thought I saw Mexico and Germany will play Brazil and whoever ends up 2nd in that group.  Is that true?

Group E first will play group F second and vice versa. There's no guarantee that all/any of the 3 teams will advance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 03:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Group E first will play group F second and vice versa. There's no guarantee that all/any of the 3 teams will advance.

Mexico will.  That I will guarantee.    :) Tongue
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Viva La Mexico!!!! 

Where do you go to see who everyone will play after the group stage is complete?  I thought I saw Mexico and Germany will play Brazil and whoever ends up 2nd in that group.  Is that true?

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/#knockoutphase
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 03:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Mexico will.  That I will guarantee.    :) Tongue

Not if Sweden beats them by 2 or more goals and Germany beats SK

Reply/Quote
Is it wrong that I was pulling for Iran?

Reply/Quote
Bye bye Germany. Sending those Krauts home!
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
4 out of last 5 champs haven't made it out of groups.

Only Brazil after the 2002 World Cup.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I never was high on Germany this time around. Even forgot to add them in my top 5 to win it. I just didnt think they had the talent like in past WCs, outside of having the best gk in the world. And based on their play in group stage, I feel I was right on that.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 03:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not if Sweden beats them by 2 or more goals and Germany beats SK

Who woulda thunk the Germany beating SK part of the equation was the one that would not happen.

Reply/Quote
In an odd twist; my Red Devils would be better served to lose tomorrow

Reply/Quote
Well that group stage was pretty wild.

With the final 16 set, how do y'all see it shaping up? On the right I'm inclined to say that Spain have a great opportunity here for the finals as well as England. Sweden/Switzerland should be a good one.

On the left we might have quarterfinals that are worthy of the final's stage. Tough to judge Uruguay and Portugal off the group stage and while Argentina was very underwhelming, it's a whole new World Cup for them. France have strangely flown under the radar for such a good team. Brazil and Mexico have had wildly different trajectories this Cup so far with Brazil playing better each game and Mexico ending the group stage on such a low note.

And poor Japan......
Reply/Quote
I think Belgium and Croatia are going to make some noise from here on out.  Both teams are fun to watch and exceptionally deep. Just my two cents.

oh, and Viva La Mexico!  They are going to pull the upset. 

Reply/Quote
My Red Devils can't even lose when they are trying to and just got back on of the premiere centre backs in the world. So I'm sticking with them and I might as well roll with may dark horse (Swiss0 on the other side of the bracket. The Swiss goalie is playing out of his mind. I see a move to a big name club in his near future.

Reply/Quote
I really dont have a favorite to win it all. Based on the group stage, a lot of the stacked teams just didnt impress me enough to say they are a clear favorite. However I like top 5 lists. Here are my top 5 of the final 16 teams who I think will win it, in order. Sorry Japan, you guys are pretty much screwed lol.

1. Brazil (dont think they will, but was my original pick)
2. Belgium (KDB, Hazard, and Lukaku combo is lethal)
3. France (tons of talent from Mbappe, Pogba, Kante)
4. Argentina (only if they figured things out, but I can easily replace them with Portugal here)
5. England (either them or Spain from other side of bracket)

Reply/Quote
Any one doing the knockout bracket?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 10:47 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: Any one doing the knockout bracket?

Bracket in the OP I still have 13 of 16 left (Egypt, Poland, Germany).

Reply/Quote
How long has the World Cup been played? When did it start?

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 10:53 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: How long has the World Cup been played?  When did it start?

Started in South America (Uruguay I think) in 1930. 

Pretty sure it's been constant, save the World War I imagine.

Brazil lead with 5 wins. Italy and Germany have 4 each. 
Reply/Quote
France took down Argentina !

Allez la France.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 12:57 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: France took down Argentina !

Allez la France.

France is a fun team to watch; Griezmam, Kante, and Pogba might be the best midfield in the international game. Mbappe is awesome as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote