Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst/best team message boards you have visited?
What was the absolute bottom of the barrel
message board you have visited and what was
the best (excluding this one)?
Chiefsplanet was ridiculously bad imo.
The Colts boards seemed fine imo.
What say you?
Reply/Quote
Chiefsplanet agree 100%. Between the outright wishing of injury on the opposition and the complete inability to fathom their team losing to the Bengals not once but TWICE, those guys take the cake for me. Steelers can be pretty bad, but they seem a little more self aware of how absurd they might be (which is crazy to say there's fans less self-aware than them).

Best is obviously Bengals Board :)
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:31 AM)Sensei Wrote: What was the absolute bottom of the barrel
What say you?

Chiefsplanet is pretty bad. Poorly organized, rude posters, etc

I like this one from the Bills.  It reminds me a lot of this one (which totally rocks!).  It is organized well, there are an intelligent team and NFL discussions, no one is truly delusional, etc.  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/1-the-stadium-wall

Some like the Texans boards are simply sad...no one posts at all

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Finheaven has some funny and insightful posters.
PatsFans is full of psuedointellectuals and people with gigantic ***** chips on their shoulder against the NFL even though they got away with a ton
Commanders' official forum is pretty good.
Falcons official forum has the same handful of posters in every thread.
/r/Ravens is probably the worst of the subreddits.
I lurk NFL boards too much...
Reply/Quote
There's other message boards?

Hmph.

Didn't know their names.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Nashville Predators message board was horrible.

Nothing about hockey at all. Just a bunch of photos of underage girls in underwear and handcuffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:31 AM)Sensei Wrote: What was the absolute bottom of the barrel
What say you?

KC boards. By far. Bunch of whiners who have gone so far as to say that Patty threw the game because "they" told him to throw it.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:27 AM)BengalB Wrote: KC boards. By far. Bunch of whiners who have gone so far as to say that Patty threw the game because "they" told him to throw it.   Hilarious

Jeez 2 super bowl appearances 1 win and they think they're NFL royalty. Jeez. They went a very long time without a playoff win as well.

As for other sports, RealGM was the only place online where real basketball discussion took place and still is as far I'm concerned. The Tim Donaghy scandal really damaged NBA talk online.

College football boards tend to be insane, I used to frequent StingTalk but I think most Yellow Jackets have given up on the college football thing after UGA won a natty. The Clemson ones were barely in English. The Rivals boards are barely on topic, but some are recruiting insiders there. In general unless you're a big school, you usually have to go Rivals, just avoid the big general board.

Baseball talk seems to have shifted towards Reddit and other social media, and it usually is of higher quality than most social media talk, maybe because the higher attention span required and older median age.

Soccer is a mixed bag that heavily depends on team, they're usually terrible if they're "big clubs" like Man U and Chelsea but can be OK if its smaller and or non-English. Soccer fans tend to be even bigger homers than the average American sports fan. English speaking PSG fans tend to never be happy, though, even with the league won in a couple of months.

For MMA, Sherdog is the only that still gets posts and it alternates between being hilarious and some of the stupidest shit you've ever read. They are the only sports fans who seem to be honest with themselves about PED use.

Sports fans seem to be the only ones who still use forums. Huh.
Reply/Quote
Lot of people on one of the Colts boards were rooting bigtime for the Bengals in both the Titans and Chiefs' games.

Didn't read a single derogatory comment about the Bengals or any of their players. But they can't stand the Titans.
Reply/Quote
Jacksonville Jaguars is the worst.
Trevor Lawrence can do no wrong, no matter how wretched he plays, and anyone who questions all his stupid picks and lack of even basic accuracy on short throws that backups are making and his inability to read defenses is clearly deluded, insane and looked at like a Flat Earther despite him having the worst rookie season of any starting QB of recent memory and playing at about 30% of the level that Minshew did there.
They were also stupid enough to try and publicly embarrass their billionaire owner by flooding Twitter with a cartoon version of Shad Khan in a clown face and outfit and staging a public protest against his ownership despite the fact that he is the only reason that the Jaguars aren't already relocated and wants the team to stay in Jacksonville. Smart idea. Set your only advocate on fire publicly. That'll show him.

Anyone on this board considered a troublemaking idiot would be the smartest person posting there.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:10 AM)Since1970 Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars is the worst.
Trevor Lawrence can do no wrong, no matter how wretched he plays, and anyone who questions all his stupid picks and lack of even basic accuracy on short throws that backups are making and his inability to read defenses is clearly deluded, insane and looked at like a Flat Earther despite him having the worst rookie season of any starting QB of recent memory and playing at about 30% of the level that Minshew did there.
They were also stupid enough to try and publicly embarrass their billionaire owner by flooding Twitter with a cartoon version of Shad Khan in a clown face and outfit and staging a public protest against his ownership despite the fact that he is the only reason that the Jaguars aren't already relocated and wants the team to stay in Jacksonville. Smart idea. Set your only advocate on fire publicly. That'll show him.

Anyone on this board considered a troublemaking idiot would be the smartest person posting there.

The sad part is they blame Shad when his son Tony does far more damage to their sports teams. Shad is the owner you want. A billionaire who signs checks, they've just had rotten luck with hirings and Tony is in over head.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:10 AM)Since1970 Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars is the worst.

Damn I thought they’d be ripping on Trevor. Never thought it would be the opposite. I guess they think if he fails then they are really in trouble. Next year should tell the tale of which direction he is going to go.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don’t know who has the best board, there are a few good ones out there.

Worst by far is the Chiefs though. No competition.
Reply/Quote
Worst: ChiefsPlanet

They have more ego than sense, most of them anyway. I know these entitled Karens don't represent all KC fans, but they are the ones who post the most - keyboard commandos hiding behind the screen. Allowing them to spew makes the rest look bad.

The civilized posters were few and far between. These were the ones that knew the AFCCG was no gimmie, and unlike the rest of the board, didn't blame officiating for their losses.

I'm sorry, but I think Patrick Mahomes is a culmination of the good genes in the family, making something of himself knowing every step has to be earned. And all the crap shit genes went to Jackson. That guy is an entitled Karen prime grade scumbag.

Others:
Steelers boards - they weren't hateful nor condescending, at least the one I visited. Not one of them insulted me. Maybe it's against their rules to do so. They run hot and cold about their team, depending if it's a W or L. They react the same way we do in a Loss.

Vikings board - kind of like us, I only visited there to wish Zimmer good luck and hoped he would bring them in a position to fight for a Lombardi.

Packers board - mostly well-mannered, they know what they have in their long, rich history. And they are not condescending about it.

Jaguars board - they usually ignore or act indifferent to anyone outside their zip code. So I took the free coffee and pastry and left.

Seahawks board - you would expect a big ego from this board, but those are few and far between. They are pretty much like us and the Steelers in knowing their own team's strength and weaknesses and have the same reaction to a W or L.

Jets board - a LOT like us.

Browns board - they are using an older forum software and the color scheme (orange lettering on brown background) hurts my eyes.

Bills board - this is a board I can get on with and have a friendly bantering rivalry. They don't have illusions about what team they have. Their current product on the field is playoff worthy and they know it but are not so egotistical about it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Nashville Predators message board was horrible.

Nothing about hockey at all.  Just a bunch of photos of underage girls in underwear and handcuffs.

Is that where you find your clients? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:27 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The sad part is they blame Shad when his son Tony does far more damage to their sports teams. Shad is the owner you want. A billionaire who signs checks, they've just had rotten luck with hirings and Tony is in over head.

How involved is Tony? Thought he was spending most of his time with AEW?
Reply/Quote
Chiefs Planet is by far the worst... there isn't even a 2nd place.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:30 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t know who has the best board, there are a few good ones out there.

Worst by far is the Chiefs though. No competition.

I haven't looked, but I can't imagine the Eagles message board being very nice, either.  After all, they were the team with a jail in the basement of their stadium, just for offenders at ballgames.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't looked, but I can't imagine the Eagles message board being very nice, either.  After all, they were the team with a jail in the basement of their stadium, just for offenders at ballgames.

This is information I didn't know about, yet sure enough it seems Veteran's Stadium had a jail just as you described. It makes me think the Bengals should have had a counseling center in the basement of Riverfront for fans to access.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is information I didn't know about, yet sure enough it seems Veteran's Stadium had a jail just as you described. It makes me think the Bengals should have had a counseling center in the basement of Riverfront for fans to access.  Hilarious

Bengals have a jail as well. It's called sitting in the owner's box with Mike Brown. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote