Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst customer service
You guys have any horrible customer service stories over the years? What is your worst experience?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 10:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys have any horrible customer service stories over the years? What is your worst experience?

Ha...I ordered Taco Bell a few years ago and everything was made wrong. I got 2 things, a nachos bell grande with no sour cream and a Mexican pizza. When I got it, they both had sour cream on them....even though the pizza doesn't even come that way. Simple mistake though, so I politely let them know and they said they'd remake it. A minute later, they hand me a new bag and I go to my car. The bag was full of random chalupas and shit. So I took it back in again. This time, they set the bag on a counter in the back and a few minutes later they handed me back the exact same bag. So I just asked for my money back and got skyline.

On a side note....these people think they deserve $15 per hour.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 12:06 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ha...I ordered Taco Bell a few years ago and everything was made wrong.  I got 2 things, a nachos bell grande with no sour cream and a Mexican pizza.  When I got it, they both had sour cream on them....even though the pizza doesn't even come that way.  Simple mistake though, so I politely let them know and they said they'd remake it.  A minute later, they hand me a new bag and I go to my car.  The bag was full of random chalupas and shit.  So I took it back in again.  This time, they set the bag on a counter in the back and a few minutes later they handed me back the exact same bag.  So I just asked for my money back and got skyline.

Lowe's kinda sucks lately.  

I bought a new dishwasher in March.  The motor died in less than a week.  I went back to the store to address the situation and they basically told me that I had to buy another one, have it installed, send the other one back with the crew, THEN get my money back.  

It wasn't an issue, b/c I had the money to do it, but it seems like a BS policy.  Given the ridiculousness of the defect and situation, I figured I could at least get the install refunded, but no dice.  Basically, I went 2 weeks without a dishwasher while shelling out 1200 bucks and having to wait a week to get half of it back.  To boot, they tried to double charge me for the warranty I purchased with the machine.  

When I mentioned just sending it back, getting my money and going elsewhere, they couldn't have given two shits.  Awful customer service and a huge hassle.

I went to another location 2 weeks ago to buy a new grill.  I knew what I wanted and basically was just waiting to be helped.  The guys in the department almost seemed to be avoiding me.  I had zero questions and zero need for anything beyond someone taking my money and giving me a new grill.  When they finally got around to helping me, the kid doing the transaction acted like he was getting teeth pulled, like it was some major inconvenience.  

I can't remember doing business with a place that made it seem like such a chore to take my hard earned money.
Reply/Quote
AOL back in the day was really bad when they were losing customer left and right.  They practically would not let you cancel - long speeches and about a dozen promos to get you to stay.  "I just want to cancel"....But we're offering you 3 months free, that's free why would you cancel?  "Because I  want to cancel, I don't want to go thru this again in 3 months."  But it's free?!?

Many other services today are pretty good - once you get to a live operator.  But therein lays the problem - it is LONG and frustrating to get to a customer service rep.  The Comcast menu is absurd, and one of the hardest things to do online or on the phone is figure out how to cancel service.

I've dealt with Microsoft techs online a few times.  MORONS.  Installed a new hard drive, and was looking for a Windows ISO to load up.  The guy claimed my key wouldn't work, and I'd have to purchase a license.  That was wrong, which begs the question was he simply incompetent or was it intentional from MS since 99% of people wouldn't know better and would shell out $300 for a license?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 12:18 AM)samhain Wrote: Lowe's kinda sucks lately.  

I bought a new dishwasher in March.  The motor died in less than a week.  I went back to the store to address the situation and they basically told me that I had to buy another one, have it installed, send the other one back with the crew, THEN get my money back.  

It wasn't an issue, b/c I had the money to do it, but it seems like a BS policy.  Given the ridiculousness of the defect and situation, I figured I could at least get the install refunded, but no dice.  Basically, I went 2 weeks without a dishwasher while shelling out 1200 bucks and having to wait a week to get half of it back.  To boot, they tried to double charge me for the warranty I purchased with the machine.  

When I mentioned just sending it back, getting my money and going elsewhere, they couldn't have given two shits.  Awful customer service and a huge hassle.

I went to another location 2 weeks ago to buy a new grill.  I knew what I wanted and basically was just waiting to be helped.  The guys in the department almost seemed to be avoiding me.  I had zero questions and zero need for anything beyond someone taking my money and giving me a new grill.  When they finally got around to helping me, the kid doing the transaction acted like he was getting teeth pulled, like it was some major inconvenience.  

I can't remember doing business with a place that made it seem like such a chore to take my hard earned money.

Home depot isn't much better.

Back in mid November I bought a stove. It was right there in the store. But they said they don't actually have any in the store, so I was going to have to have it shipped in. Ok. I set up a date for the week after thanksgiving.

The guys get there, its the wrong stove. The guy entered the wrong number. And the guts who brought it don't even really work for home depot, they work for a contractor who fulfills all the deliveries.

So I tell them to out it back on the truck and call my store. I explain what happens and find out they're out of the model I ordered... Except there's the floor model. Which, according to policy, they aren't supposed to sell. After a few minutes I convince the guy I don't care, I just want a stove before Christmas because its really hard to feed a family using only a microwave.

It ended up ok, but if they had just let me put the stove in my truck a couple weeks earlier, I might have shopped at home depot again.
Reply/Quote
Anytime I have called Comcast. AT&T wireless was bad too but I fired them years ago.
Reply/Quote
I work in finance in a university, but I work in the student/parent facing side of finance so customer service is huge for us. I am always complaining about some of the crap that goes on around us. Calls get bounced around from department to department simply because someone didn't listen. I could not tell you the number of calls I have had transferred to our office from the department that is responsible for their question. It makes the student/parent on the line frustrated and angry with us.

As far as crap customer service I have had to deal with it has been a long time in store. I don't put up with it much. I will hunt someone down, preferably with a supervisor sounding title, to help out if people are being bad at their job. Call center customer care almost always sucks, so any number of those situations just are what they are. I do have one exception, a vendor our university deals with. The representative assigned to our university is always on top of things, friendly, and easy to work with. When I was in Dallas at the company's user group conference I sought out her supervisor's supervisor and told him as much. I draw attention to both poor, and good, customer service. I feel we need to make people aware of when someone is doing a great job in that regard because so often when you do that sort of thing all you hear is negative.

I tell people all the time that I may be an accountant, but my first priority is customer service. It really is for everyone, no matter what job you do. You provide a service for someone. Your supervisor, your co-workers, shareholders, taxpayers, student body, doesn't matter. What we do, wherever you are, is a service for someone else and that is a customer. Treating everyone as a customer, and that is to say as you should treat a customer, is a very important thing that I think has become lost on many people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Yo mama wouldn't take my Groupon !

[Image: th?id=JN.ezAi%2boYRx4m8nXqm8fyn9Q&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Walking into a retail establishment anymore I just assume that I'm going to get poor customer service. Do 5 minutes of internet research on whatever it is you're looking to buy and you'll almost always have more knowledge of that item than the person trying to sell it to you. Sure, every once in a while you'll have a salesperson who's competent and knowledgeable, or who knows more about the prodcut than you'd ever need to know, bus that's a rarity. It only seems to be getting worse as the years go by.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 12:06 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ha...I ordered Taco Bell a few years ago and everything was made wrong.  I got 2 things, a nachos bell grande with no sour cream and a Mexican pizza.  When I got it, they both had sour cream on them....even though the pizza doesn't even come that way.  Simple mistake though, so I politely let them know and they said they'd remake it.  A minute later, they hand me a new bag and I go to my car.  The bag was full of random chalupas and shit.  So I took it back in again.  This time, they set the bag on a counter in the back and a few minutes later they handed me back the exact same bag.  So I just asked for my money back and got skyline.

I like the laying the bag down and giving it back.  That takes a certain amount chutzpah.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 09:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I like the laying the bag down and giving it back.  That takes a certain amount chutzpah.  

Reminds me of when i had to send my Medium rare steak back because it was overcooked.

Waitress brings it back to me and says they threw it back on the grill...

I just got up and walked out. Told the manager when you can make my food right ill pay for it.
Reply/Quote
And as of this morning I am now supervising our customer service people in my department. Everyone, keep me in your thoughts and prayers. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Reminds me of when i had to send my Medium rare steak back because it was overcooked.

Waitress brings it back to me and says they threw it back on the grill...

I just got up and walked out.  Told the manager when you can make my food right ill pay for it.

Grill that sucker back to rare please.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 12:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Grill that sucker back to rare please.  

yeah it was mind boggling

Its overcooked... the answer must be cooking it more.
Reply/Quote

Taco bell is notorious for getting orders wrong. it is to the point that they best thing to do is just go to the drive thru and tell them to give you $20 worth of food.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While I worked at Best Buy the General Manager of our store sold a family a wi-fi package and some cell phones knowing they would never have good service at their house. It was still going to pump up the sales even if they did return it so he went with it and even had the stones to brag about it over the radios they gave us. He ran that store into the ground and got fired a few months later. Tongue

Other then that insert any customer service story with a cell phone carrier.
Reply/Quote
If it's a fast food place I don't even bother arguing or complaining or even pointing out when they get things wrong. I knew what I was getting into when I chose to go somewhere I can stuff myself on $4. With that being said, I do get a kick out of people complaining and looking so genuinely surprised that a 16 year old kid messed something up.
Reply/Quote
In Nashville there's a place in a mall that's aquarium themed. That may be the name.

Anyway, we stopped in there on the way to a doctor's appt. year ago. We got there when it opened at 11. After almost an hour, we still didn't have our food (the waitress had been over twice, the first to tell us they had lost the order, which was pretty bad considering there were only two tables in the place with anyone at them). I told the waitress we had to go (appointment was in a half hour several miles away in traffic). 15 minutes later (we had been there a full hour now) we had no food, no check, no nothing. Just the drinks.

We got up and left and the manager chases after me into the mall, screaming about we didn't pay our bill. What a moron.

But hands down, worst customer service is ATT. They just lie to get you off the phone.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:31 PM)Benton Wrote: We got up and left and the manager chases after me into the mall, screaming about we didn't pay our bill. What a moron.

Did you end up paying?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 10:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Did you end up paying?

No. We had a few words, I told him I wasn't going to pay the bill and if he thought I should pay for $4 in sodas when his staff had left my wife and I without any food for an hour, especially when we were one of two tables in there, then he was an idiot. By that time a very small crowd had formed. The manager called me something and went back into the restaurant. I honestly don't remember what he called me.
Reply/Quote