Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst thing Hillary ever did, and how it will hurt our nation if she is elected
(08-31-2016, 05:25 PM)xxlt Wrote: Right - this is a systemic problem, not a Clinton problem. And why do so many entrenched people hate her so much? Maybe because she might have the balls to change this system? She is OK with losing those incentives and kickbacks - perhaps? Even the slightest possibility of this system changing cares the poop out of those who want to suck that teat dry. So they fling feces.

Why would she ever want to change a system that took her from being poor to having millions upon millions of dollars, flying on private jets, owning $15m vacation homes, having powerful people around the world throwing money at her for her favors, and spending 8 years in the White House, with the possibility of more?

Next you're going to tell me that Bernie Madoff is all for stricter rules in the stock market, Putin will be a champion in governmental transparency, FIFA leaders will propose posting their tax returns openly, and Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani will become the world's leading advocate of human rights.

Hilarious

You sure you're not an employee of Correct The Record? Hillary's PAC that spent $1m to hire what essentially amounts to pro-Clinton social media stooges. (Not to be confused with the paid actors the DNC hired to fill up the mass of empty seats.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-31-2016, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why would she ever want to change a system that took her from being poor to having millions upon millions of dollars, flying on private jets, owning $15m vacation homes, having powerful people around the world throwing money at her for her favors, and spending 8 years in the White House, with the possibility of more?

Next you're going to tell me that Bernie Madoff is all for stricter rules in the stock market, Putin will be a champion in governmental transparency, FIFA leaders will propose posting their tax returns openly, and Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani will become the world's leading advocate of human rights.

Hilarious

You sure you're not an employee of Correct The Record? Hillary's PAC that spent $1m to hire what essentially amounts to pro-Clinton social media stooges. (Not to be confused with the paid actors the DNC hired to fill up the mass of empty seats.)

So, why the hate others have for her? If it isn't that she is an agent of change we are back to A) She has a vagina B) She is a criminal mastermind (although they still haven't been able to pin anything on her in 30 years of trying) or C) She plays the game better than them and they can't win because she will always play the rigged system better than her opponents.

So what is it - the V (vagina) word, the C (criminal who can't be convicted) word, or the W (winner) word?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(08-31-2016, 05:25 PM)McC Wrote: You mean people who donate large amounts to campaigns don't do it just because they believe in the cause?  I can just feel the wave of disillusionment wash over me.  Innocence?  Lost.

Yup.  The US campaign system is ******.  Well aware.  There was one democratic candidate that was able fundraise without being beholden to vast amounts of corporate interest.  We saw what happened to him.

(08-31-2016, 05:25 PM)xxlt Wrote: Right - this is a systemic problem, not a Clinton problem. And why do so many entrenched people hate her so much? Maybe because she might have the balls to change this system? She is OK with losing those incentives and kickbacks - perhaps? Even the slightest possibility of this system changing cares the poop out of those who want to suck that teat dry. So they fling feces.

I'm not convinced this is the case.  Her website lists the following under campaign finance reform:

Quote:
  • Overturn Citizens United—the Supreme Court case that unleashed hundreds of millions of dollars in corporate and special-interest money into U.S. elections.Hillary will appoint Supreme Court justices who will protect Americans’ right to vote over the right of billionaires to buy elections. She will also propose a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United within her first 30 days in office.
  • End secret, unaccountable money in politics. We need federal legislation to require outside groups to publicly disclose significant political spending. And until Congress acts, Hillary will sign an executive order requiring federal government contractors to do the same. She’ll also push for an SEC rule requiring publicly traded companies to disclose political spending to shareholders.
  • Amplify the voices of everyday Americans. Hillary will establish a small-donor matching system for presidential and congressional elections to give small donors greater influence.

To me, the only real solution is publicly funded elections.  Sure she talks a big game about Citizens United and secret money, but this is coming from someone that just rigged the DNC elections.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love it if she actually did something on this front.  But I just can't trust her to fix a system that she has benefitted from.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-31-2016, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  

Hilarious

If that PAC is only spending a million dollars to combat the misinformation campaign against her it is GROSSLY underfunded. They would need that much per month times 30 years of months - so 360 million minimum to begin to fight that battle.

Your empty seats comment shows just how wide spread the misinformation is.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(08-31-2016, 05:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yup.  The US campaign system is *****.  Well aware.  There was one democratic candidate that was able fundraise without being beholden to vast amounts of corporate interest.  We saw what happened to him.

I'm not convinced this is the case.  Her website lists the following under campaign finance reform:

To me, the only real solution is publicly funded elections.  Sure she talks a big game about Citizens United and secret money, but this is coming from someone that just rigged the DNC elections.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love it if she actually did something on this front.  But I just can't trust her to fix a system that she has benefitted from.

She can't fix it. But she can drive change from a bully pulpit, and the comments you provided show she may be willing to do that and most Americans would welcome it. The 1% and their lackey politicians for the most part would not, but perhaps duty to country would prevail on enough of them. I get your cynicism, but short of armed revolution (thank GAWD we got our 2nd 'menmun RIGHTS!) I am not sure what other options we have.
(08-31-2016, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it says something about their relationship more than it being for political gain.

What a weird year when the couple that stayed together through all their troubles is blasted for it and the guy who has five kids with three different women is the "family guy".

Amazing.

I have never espoused the virtues of Drumpf

(08-31-2016, 05:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: Maybe it says a lot about her self esteem. Maybe it says a lot about their relationship and how much they love each other - in spite of his deplorable conduct. Maybe they have had open marriage from day one and she doesn't give two shits. There is absolutely no way anyone outside of Bill and Hill knows why they are still married. And marital status, like religion, has little to no bearing on a person's ability to govern. Would I vote for a polygamist? Probably not. But give me single, gay married, unhappily or happily married, divorced, I really don't care. Would I vote for a Scientologist? Probably not. But give me deist, atheist, run of the mill Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, or pretends to be religious because they know it is the cost of doing business with a swath of the American electorate and I am fine.

To be fair, I could really care less about what moist hole bill put his wiener in and whether or not she stayed with him.  I'm just getting heated here and posted that off the cuff.  

2 problems I have with her regarding marriage:
  • I find it troubling the number of federal elections that have included candidates from the same family over the last 20+ years.  Between the Bush's and Clinton's we're getting into dynasty territory.
  • It was not too long ago that she was against same sex marriage.  I understand people's views change, but thats one I believe I've always held.  Why did she want to restrict their rights?  Was it her faith?  Was it pandering?  
(08-31-2016, 05:45 PM)xxlt Wrote: So, why the hate others have for her? If it isn't that she is an agent of change we are back to A) She has a vagina B) She is a criminal mastermind (although they still haven't been able to pin anything on her in 30 years of trying) or C) She plays the game better than them and they can't win because she will always play the rigged system better than her opponents.

So what is it - the V (vagina) word, the C (criminal who can't be convicted) word, or the W (winner) word?

Didn't you just answer your own question here? 

Do you think the 30 years of trying is because of a 30 year vendetta against Hill and Bill?  Who could afford to carry on that fight for all that time?  Id the FBI in on the conspiracy to take her down cuz she's so awesome and they want to prevent her from doing her awesomeness on  a larger scale?  Is it cuz she's just that good that she scares "Them?"

Or might it imply a long history of dancing right around the edges of the law.  Again, back to masterminds--they are called that cuz they know how to not get caught.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-31-2016, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't you just answer your own question here? 

Do you think the 30 years of trying is because of a 30 year vendetta against Hill and Bill?  Who could afford to carry on that fight for all that time?  Id the FBI in on the conspiracy to take her down cuz she's so awesome and they want to prevent her from doing her awesomeness on  a larger scale?  Is it cuz she's just that good that she scares "Them?"

Or might it imply a long history of dancing right around the edges of the law.  Again, back to masterminds--they are called that cuz they know how to not get caught.

Criminal Mastermind it is! Can we give her a nickname, like the Batman villains? How about Super *****? Although good, it doesn't highlight her super powers like Cat Woman or Mr Freeze does. How about Mrs. Untouchable? Or, The Woman Who Couldn't Be Fingered?
(08-31-2016, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it says something about their relationship more than it being for political gain.

What a weird year when the couple that stayed together through all their troubles is blasted for it and the guy who has five kids with three different women is the "family guy".

Amazing.

I think it says more about them understanding that spouses cannot be forced to testify against each other..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-31-2016, 06:12 PM)xxlt Wrote: The Woman Who Couldn't Be Fingered?

That right there. That's some funny shit.
(08-31-2016, 05:45 PM)xxlt Wrote: So what is it - the V (vagina) word, the C (criminal who can't be convicted) word, or the W (winner) word?

Oh, it's a C-word.
It happens to be a synonym of the V-word.
Ninja

(08-31-2016, 06:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: [*]It was not too long ago that she was against same sex marriage.  I understand people's views change, but thats one I believe I've always held.  Why did she want to restrict their rights?  Was it her faith?  Was it pandering?  
[*]

I honestly think she had/has a relationship with Huma and was appearing to be against homosexuality to stay in the closet.
That would explain putting up with both of their husbands, or maybe why their husbands done the things they did.
(08-31-2016, 06:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I have never espoused the virtues of Drumpf

Only he first line was a response to your statement.  The rest was just me opining.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-31-2016, 08:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, it's a C-word.
It happens to be a synonym of the V-word.
Ninja

[*]

I honestly think she had/has a relationship with Huma and was appearing to be against homosexuality to stay in the closet.
That would explain putting up with both of their husbands, or maybe why their husbands done the things they did.
[*]

Remember this next time someone tells you how it is going to humiliate her to sit at the desk in the Oval Office where Bill got blown my Monica. Tell them that Huma (sans Weiner) will be under that desk when Hill sits in it! 
(08-31-2016, 08:47 PM)xxlt Wrote: [*]

Remember this next time someone tells you how it is going to humiliate her to sit at the desk in the Oval Office where Bill got blown my Monica. Tell them that Huma (sans Weiner) will be under that desk when Hill sits in it! 
Oh, I've never been one to think she'd be humiliated.
Not sure I've known anyone to say it.

I was being serious though and I don't see it as a negative issue.

Hillary did say that Huma was to be her First Lady.

*Edit... Chelsea is in the running for First Lady, as well.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-31-2016, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only he first line was a response to your statement.  The rest was just me opining.

Rock On

I'm confident you're aware of my allegiance comrade.  Just had to clarify in case I matched the algorithm of some NSA IP sniffing bot.    
(08-31-2016, 03:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: *as long as her husband Bill is not the perp.

Bill Clinton never sexually assaulted anyone.
Fred. Would love to get your opinion on the concerns I've enumerated. Too be clear, I won't be voting R in this or any foreseeable election, would still value your take on some of these matters.
(08-31-2016, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bill Clinton never sexually assaulted anyone.

That he was charged with, anyway...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-31-2016, 05:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yes but staying married to an asshole purely for political gain says a lot about her moral fabric.

So one of the biggest strikes against her politically is that she remained married to Bill Clinton, but she stayed married to Bill Clinton just for political gain?

How can both of those true?
(08-31-2016, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So one of the biggest strikes against her politically is that she remained married to Bill Clinton, but she stayed married to Bill Clinton just for political gain?

How can both of those true?

As I mentioned earlier, they cannot force spouses to testify against one another.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23