Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy?
I was one of those people who valued having 2 great TEs and I was definitely in the minority of people who wanted to resign Gresham. 5 games in and I have to say despite probably 2-3 false starts he'd have by now I think Gresham would have at least 3 TDs by now along with Eifert's numbers.

Not saying I'd rather have Gresh because Eifert is clearly the better receiver but I think it'd be crazy seeing Gresh catch passes on 3rd and 2 and then Eifert right after.

So I guess the question is if Dalton had played this well last year would Gresham still be here?
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
Hahahahahahahaha!
Reply/Quote
He is the very definition of a bonehead, so much so it offsets all that talent he has. This current Bengals offense is so good because the receivers keep working to get open after they run their designed routes, that is something Gresham is incapable of doing, and one if the reasons he got on my nerves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

No. Next question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

No. Next question.

^What he said^
Reply/Quote
Wow. No. Gresham ***** sucks and I'm glad he's gone.
Reply/Quote
Gresham is a good blend up speed, size, and power but I don't think he has the body control to make as many catches as Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:16 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Gresham is a good blend up speed, size, and power but I don't think he has the body control to make as many catches as Eifert.

Has all the tools in the world. Doesn't know how to use them at all. He was a first round bust.
Reply/Quote
Gresham raped kittens.
Reply/Quote
I like Gresham, BUT, he had doorknobs for hands. Eifert obviously doesn't. If you've ever watched Brandon Pettigrew catch and handle the ball you might think him and Gresham are the same player.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gresham raped kittens.

No he didn't. He jumped early and they ran away. 
Reply/Quote
Nope, but he would have false started us out of a win against Baltimore, Seattle, or both. No doubt in my mind.

Reply/Quote
Gresham was a pretty good TE who was cursed by being a top 20 pick in the draft. He never lived up to his draft status, but he was better than a lot of people claim.
Reply/Quote
No! His hand to eye coordination isn't even in the same league as Tyler. He's a decent blocker when not being called for holding or false starting but more of a second tier TE imo. He was over drafted out of necessity at the time by a Bengals scouting staff that isn't up to the teams current standard of player evaluation.
Reply/Quote
No, he had 5 years to do it.

Reply/Quote
I don't think you can even compare the two.

Dalton is playing at a level this season like we have never seen, his throws are on time and accurate, that is a big help to his receivers, and I get that is the idea of the thread, but it's more then just that. The play calling for Eifert seems different as well. I don't remember seeing Gresh running free in the secondary ever, he always seemed to be on an out pattern as a safety valve in the old offense. The scheme is different, Dalton looks different, so it's really a hard comparison.

I do think that Gresh was misused here, and once healthy will be interested to see what he does in Arians offense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ok I'm goin to sleep
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Gresh and his fumbles trying to extend for extra yards, dude was barely average.
Reply/Quote
Are you kidding me?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote