Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy?
Ha. Now Gresham is not athletic? Go back and watch highlight film from his seasons here. This thread is just sad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think he gave everyone strokes with how he handled the ball hence the "hate" or whatever. If he would have caught the ball securely like Eifert I would imagine some opinions would be different even with all the false starts.

Dude was just scary to watch.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 12:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So in short, no. Eifert is the superior talent, and anyone arguing any differently is blind with Gresh love.

I don't think anyone is saying Gresh is better than Eifert, I think the people who are pro-Gresh are simply saying Gresh wasn't a total crap TE who held this team back.

The guy is an effective #2 blocking TE on a top tier offense in AZ.  I don't see why suggesting he could maybe be doing that here is tantamount to saying we never should have drafted Eifert, or anything.

(10-17-2015, 08:52 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I think he gave everyone strokes with how he handled the ball hence the "hate" or whatever. If he would have caught the ball securely like Eifert I would imagine some opinions would be different even with all the false starts.

Dude was just scary to watch.

Gresh was fumble-scary, but so is Jeremy Hill, and honestly as much as I like Eifert I'm still a little "injury scared" for him on a semi-regular basis until he makes it through this season.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 06:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Ha. Now Gresham is not athletic?  Go back and watch highlight film from his seasons here. This thread is just sad.

He is nowhere near AS athletic. Nobody said Gresham isn't athletic at all.

TRUTH...
Gresham is nowhere near as fluid or athletic as Eifert.
He can't move like Eifert.
He can't run routes like Eifert.
He can't catch like Eifert.
He doesn't have the discipline that Eifert has.

Want me to keep going?

Watch highlight film? Come on, man. In 5 games Eifert has 5 TDs (should be 6 but a bs call took one back). That's an entire season of scoring production for the best season Gresham has ever had. Gresham stunk it up and never measured to potential. Nowhere close. Guess what... If someone doesn't reach their projected potential, maybe the projection was way too high to begin with. Dude stunk while here. The Bengals left him in the discarded bin.... finally.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying Gresh is better than Eifert, I think the people who are pro-Gresh are simply saying Gresh wasn't a total crap TE who held this team back.

The guy is an effective #2 blocking TE on a top tier offense in AZ.  I don't see why suggesting he could maybe be doing that here is tantamount to saying we never should have drafted Eifert, or anything.

Gresh was fumble-scary, but so is Jeremy Hill, and honestly as much as I like Eifert I'm still a little "injury scared" for him on a semi-regular basis until he makes it through this season.    

- I think Gresham definitely did hold the team back. Not solely. But he was part of the collective problem. I really don't think he fits in with the current group at all from a play style or personality. He'll be remembered by me as a malcontent headcase. Total disappointment.

- Gresh is gone and lo and behold TE position is producing: Eifert is killing it, I like the two rookies the Bengals drafted. Uzomah is my prediction for diamond in the rough over the next few seasons. Kroft is starting to sneak in some PT. The TE spot looks like it is a backbone for the Bengals now that Gresham is OFF the roster. That is no coincidence.

- If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas year round. The "If this or that happened Gresh could kinda, sorta, maybe be contributing in some way" doesn't hold water. It's just no dice on that line of thinking. The guy had CP and AD as QBs (holy 2 letter abbreviations, Batman!). AJ Green has done great. Marvin Jones great. Eifert is killing it. Even Baby Hawk did well enough to be given a big FA deal early in free agency when he left.... Virtually nobody wanted Gresh and that includes the Bengals. He (allegedly) had 3 scheduled visits late in FA: Packers, Raiders, Cards. Given that the Bengals break their necks to sign their own it says everything we, as fans, need to know.

- Hill doesn't worry me that much. I just looked up prominent NFL RBs fumbles just to see avg. fumbles per year and it turns out that lots of RBs struggle early in their careers with fumbles. Even HOFers. Emmit Smith & Adrian Peterson did for sure. Granted, they didn't share the load and Hill is not yet 1/2 way into his 2nd season, but Hill hasn't been out of control compared to a lot of star RBs. Jury is still out on that, IMO.
Reply/Quote
Short answer, hell no.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 06:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Ha. Now Gresham is not athletic? Go back and watch highlight film from his seasons here. This thread is just sad.

Yes he is, dont argue with homers man. They will hype up the player on the team but if he leaves then he was overrated
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 12:53 PM)Element Wrote: Yes he is, dont argue with homers man. They will hype up the  player on the team but if he leaves then he was overrated

Let's just rewrite history.

Why don't we.

Gresham and Eifert are different.

Jermaine was a freight train of a load to tackle and could block.

Tyler is a finesse player at TE.

That doesn't make JG a bum.

Yet too many want to paint him that way.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 12:53 PM)Element Wrote: Yes he is, dont argue with homers man. They will hype up the  player on the team but if he leaves then he was overrated

Just stop. The same people that bash him now bashed him when he was a Bengal. The same people who make excuses now have always made excuses. Nothing has changed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How did Germaine do today?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
tbh......there's an element of truth here that may not have been spoken. his name is jonathan hayes. is it possible that eiffert is simply better than his coaching staff? think about it, gresham #1 TE out of oklahoma anyone remember chase coffman? this coach has done nothing with more than i've seen. much like his brother jon hayes with the D-line. geno was a homerun pick not to mention dunlap and johnson gilberry etc.... at what point do folks not actually hold the coaching staff accountable? i'm not talking about marvin but his decisions to keep these jesters, holy shit man!

*edit* i forgot about orson charles also a ton of upside for a TE coming out of georgia. don't give me the "where are they now" b/s either. these guys were top of their game coming into the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How did Germaine do today?

Did not record a stat despite the fact that Palmer threw for 421 yards and they were facing an opponent that Gresh has a lot of familiarity with (Steelers).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Did not record a stat despite the fact that Palmer threw for 421 yards and they were facing an opponent that Gresh has a lot of familiarity with (Steelers).

He did have 1 target. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Did not record a stat despite the fact that Palmer threw for 421 yards and they were facing an opponent that Gresh has a lot of familiarity with (Steelers).

Actually Gresham had a ball hit him in the hands that he tipped for an INT.  Whoops.  I just bought a brand new Eifert jersey (I've NEVER bought a new NFL jersey in my life) and I'm weening myself off actually giving a rat's ass about Palmer and the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually Gresham had a ball hit him in the hands that he tipped for an INT.  Whoops.  I just bought a brand new Eifert jersey (I've NEVER bought a new NFL jersey in my life) and I'm weening myself off actually giving a rat's ass about Palmer and the Cardinals.

Duke always had the best advice.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutS7C7WQSc
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually Gresham had a ball hit him in the hands that he tipped for an INT.  Whoops.  I just bought a brand new Eifert jersey (I've NEVER bought a new NFL jersey in my life) and I'm weening myself off actually giving a rat's ass about Palmer and the Cardinals.

I didn't watch the Cards game, but I can't believe they let Landry Jones beat them. I'm disappointed, for obvious reasons. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't watch the Cards game, but I can't believe they let Landry Jones beat them. I'm disappointed, for obvious reasons. 

Gresham is shit and Carson Palmer can't beat a decent defense.  The Bengals are going to steamroll that team because they're paper champs.  Total bullies that get smacked in the mouth and collapse.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gresham is shit and Carson Palmer can't beat a decent defense.  The Bengals are going to steamroll that team because they're paper champs.  Total bullies that get smacked in the mouth and collapse.

Looking at the stat sheet, Palmer threw for 400+ yet they only scored 13? What gives? I Know you said Gresh caused an INT. Was Palmer that bad? I'd be more worried that a cold 3rd string QB was able to do what he did against that supposedly elite defense.

I still think the Cards are a top 3-4 team in the NFC. 
Reply/Quote
Lol no. End thread.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Eifert is having some season. Couldn't see fresh do the same.
Reply/Quote