Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-16-2021, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont see this franchise turly recovering until it has good coaches again... And another few years wont make ZT or BC good coaches.

I am not convinced of that one way or the other. I think 2 seasons is enough for ZT to be able to get the roster where he wants it and figure things out.... or not and lose his job.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont see this franchise turly recovering until it has good coaches again... And another few years wont make ZT or BC good coaches.

Personally, i agree with you Xeno.  It's well known I think this coaching staff is in way over it's head.  

I feel like there's been more turn over in the coaching staff within the last year than there was in Marvin's 15 years, as far as coaches getting let go.  Marvin had a couple of coordinators promoted to HC, something I don't see happening from this staff. 

That's on the head coach.  I still think at least 1 more coach needs canned, but we'll see how his defense does this season.  
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:05 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Personally, i agree with you Xeno.  It's well known I think this coaching staff is in way over it's head.  

I feel like there's been more turn over in the coaching staff within the last year than there was in Marvin's 15 years, as far as coaches getting let go.  Marvin had a couple of coordinators promoted to HC, something I don't see happening from this staff. 

That's on the head coach.  I still think at least 1 more coach needs canned, but we'll see how his defense does this season.  

I worry the defense could be bad enough that ZT gets a pass because "no one could win with a d coordinator like Lou."  I won't rule out ZT getting better, but im sure the ability to make excuses will never disappear. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I worry the defense could be bad enough that ZT gets a pass because "no one could win with a d coordinator like Lou."  I won't rule out ZT getting better, but im sure the ability to make excuses will never disappear. 

then its still on ZT for keeping luo that was his choice as HC 

He who is good at making excuses is rarely good at much else.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 11:57 AM)PDub80 Wrote:  I know you don't watch the games, but feel free to youtube some clips.

I do watch games.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:05 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Marvin had a couple of coordinators promoted to HC, something I don't see happening from this staff. 

I honestly believe there's about a 90% chance that none of our big 3 (Taylor, Anarumo, Callahan) will ever hold a job higher than position coach in the NFL when their time is up here.  I also think there's at least a decent chance that every single one of them is out of the league enitrely within two years.

I mean, maybe some of these can guys make it as journeymen position coaches but nothing more.  Even that might be stretching it at this level (NFL) and for a consistent amount of time.  If any one of these guys were fired tomorrow, I don't think a single one of them could get a coordinator job at a top 100 college program within the next 14 months.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do watch games.

Did you watch any games where he deftly (also pointed out by numerous media personalities--some former players, some not) avoided a rush to prevent the sack and complete a pass, or throw it away to avoid a loss, or where he threw a ball to Tyler Boyd before he finished his route or even turned around--after avoiding pressure?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I honestly believe there's about a 90% chance that none of our big 3 (Taylor, Anarumo, Callahan) will ever hold a job higher than position coach in the NFL when their time is up here.  I also think there's at least a decent chance that every single one of them is out of the league enitrely within two years.

I mean, maybe some of these can guys make it as journeymen position coaches but nothing more.  Even that might be stretching it at this level (NFL) and for a consistent amount of time.  If any one of these guys were fired tomorrow, I don't think a single one of them could get a coordinator job at a top 100 college program within the next 14 months.

I got the same vibe when we were the only team in the span of 30 years to make Zampese an OC. Sometimes guys have lousy resumes for a reason.  

It's the same reason it'd be a risk to make me a dentist and see if I can "get it" by year 3. 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals should be improved this year, but we won't be close to good enough to win any game wasting a half getting our QB practice reps.  He has to be confident and ready to go from the very first snap.

You seriously think Burrow is gonna have confidence issues? ? you can't be serious...
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 01:10 PM)Tony Wrote: You seriously think Burrow is gonna have confidence issues? ? you can't be serious...

I dont think he'll need a psychiatrist or go Steve Blass on us, but the dude ain't no robutt, neither.  
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 01:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I dont think he'll need a psychiatrist or go Steve Blass on us, but the dude ain't no robutt, neither.  

Picture Burrow in black armor.....
"You have to leave the field"

"No I don't"

"You're knee is screwed"

"no it's not"

"Then what's that?"

"Tis but a scratch"

"I'm Invincible" Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 03:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Picture Burrow in black armor.....
"You have to leave the field"

"No I don't"

"You're knee is screwed"

"no it's not"

"Then what's that?"

"Tis but a scratch"

"I'm Invincible" Who Dey

Is he the Black Knight or Tom Brady?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 05:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Is he the Black Knight or Tom Brady?

The Black Knight was never unmasked, so we can't say that it was NOT Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Black Knight was never unmasked, so we can't say that it was NOT Tom Brady.

tom brady is probly closer to the bud light knight lol
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Black Knight was never unmasked, so we can't say that it was NOT Tom Brady.

The Black Knight says he always triumphs.  Brady is about as close as we're going to find to that.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 05:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Black Knight says he always triumphs.  Brady is about as close as we're going to find to that.

I hear if you look in the background of the letterbox version you can see a pile of avocado peels off to the side, so it may very well be Brady under that mask.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you watch any games where he deftly (also pointed out by numerous media personalities--some former players, some not) avoided a rush to prevent the sack and complete a pass, or throw it away to avoid a loss, or where he threw a ball to Tyler Boyd before he finished his route or even turned around--after avoiding pressure?

I would wager he was watching the Cowboys to catch some AD snaps.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 12:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you watch any games where he deftly (also pointed out by numerous media personalities--some former players, some not) avoided a rush to prevent the sack and complete a pass, or throw it away to avoid a loss, or where he threw a ball to Tyler Boyd before he finished his route or even turned around--after avoiding pressure?

(07-17-2021, 10:01 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I would wager he was watching the Cowboys to catch some AD snaps.

I did not see enough of him getting rid of the ball to avoid a loss.

You guys claim you watched the games but you never saw Burrow hold onto the ball too long?  I did not even get to watch half of the games yet I still saw plenty of that.  

This 100% proves my point that it does not matter if you watch every play of every game when you only see what you want to see.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2021, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not even get to watch half of the games yet I still saw plenty of that.  

Note: When Fred says he "did not get to watch half of the games" what he actually means is that he watched two games.  Two.  Total.  (2 out of 16 = Not watching half of the games.)

I'll let others decide if Fred saw enough to be able to make the claim that he saw plenty, and that other people just see what they want to see.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2021, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not see enough of him getting rid of the ball to avoid a loss.

You guys claim you watched the games but you never saw Burrow hold onto the ball too long?  I did not even get to watch half of the games yet I still saw plenty of that.  

This 100% proves my point that it does not matter if you watch every play of every game when you only see what you want to see.

[Image: red_herring1.png]

Yes, i saw him hold the ball too long. Yes, i saw him take unnecessary sacks. Yes, i saw him get blown up due to his own mistakes of not getting rid of the ball or not getting on the ground sooner. 

The bottom line is, he's very adept at avoiding the rush and getting out of potential sacks...and he was a rookie. He learned from his mistakes and i'd fully expect to see more improvement. 

The other bottom line is, and my question went toward what PDub asked you; you can't just complare EoY stats and say he's the worse/the same/better than X,Y,Z without watching him play and seeing him do it or not do it. Dalton could do it, he just couldn't do it enough and it's not something he looked to be intrinsically able to do. Some QBs do have that quality/ability. Burrow looks to be one who has it more than not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote