Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-18-2021, 12:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Note: When Fred says he "did not get to watch half of the games" what he actually means is that he watched two games.  Two.  Total.  (2 out of 16 = Not watching half of the games.)

I'll let others decide if Fred saw enough to be able to make the claim that he saw plenty, and that other people just see what they want to see.

Th weird part to me is how someone so invested in the Bengals (knows all the talking points in and out, knows the history extensively, is a stat fiend, frequents the board many times in one day, etc.) has only seen less than half of the games….

Even under the excuse that you listen to the games, it’s pretty easy to find a rewind or recording of the game. Cmon Fred step your game up bro!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 05:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes I believe he should get a few series in. Has to get back to game speed.

I would have to agree with this.  He's probably mature/smart enough to handle it, but a little chance to get his feet speed and timimg going would be a fairly safe idea.  Just my .02
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 07:48 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I would have to agree with this.  He's probably mature/smart enough to handle it, but a little chance to get his feet speed and timimg going would be a fairly safe idea.  Just my .02

If he doesn't play in the preseason at all I'd wager speculation that he's not a lock to be a go week 1 will creep into this message board and the national narrative.  Lord knows how many times we've seen players who are likely to play miss lots o' games.
Reply/Quote
Of course. Burrow needs to get in at least a couple of series in the Preseason.
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/news/joe-burrow-hopes-to-play-in-bengals-preseason-games-i-d-like-to-feel-the-rush-at

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/joe-burrow-hopes-to-play-in-bengals-preseason-games-i-d-like-to-feel-the-rush-at

I think he gets out there a bit at some point.  Neither MB nor ZT have said no way and the last time an Ohio team kept Burrow on the bench against his will he left for Louisiana. 
Reply/Quote
100% YES!!!!!!!!!!!

A team that plays scared is a team destined to lose. If he is going to get hurt, then we need to find out sooner than later.

I am assuming his knee is at 100% or close to it., if so no reason other than fear to not let him get some snaps in live action in preseason.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/joe-burrow-hopes-to-play-in-bengals-preseason-games-i-d-like-to-feel-the-rush-at

He will play then pretty damn sure.

(07-29-2021, 10:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 100% YES!!!!!!!!!!!

A team that plays scared is a team destined to lose. If he is going to get hurt, then we need to find out sooner than later.

I am assuming his knee is at 100% or close to it., if so no reason other than fear to not let him get some snaps in live action in preseason.

Well said. Everybody is scurred except it seems Joe Burrow...
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. Everybody is scurred except it seems Joe Burrow...

Dude likes to get hit… he’s found a great home in Cinci!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dude likes to get hit… he’s found a great home in Cinci!

Lol, hope he doesn't get hit as much this year. Think he needs to be smarter about not taking those unnecessary hits.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 100% YES!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion is that if they are scared to put him out there in preseason against vanilla defenses, then they should be backing up the Brinks truck to Schwartz and/or Okung's door.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: My opinion is that if they are scared to put him out there in preseason against vanilla defenses, then they should be backing up the Brinks truck to Schwartz and/or Okung's door.

Which they are not evidently unless an injury happens to one of our starting OT's.

The only ones who seem to be scared are the fans.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which they are not evidently unless an injury happens to one of our starting OT's.

The only ones who seem to be scared are the fans.

Can you blame us?  We're a fanbase that has two phantom "Shoulda won if our QB hadn't been injured" Lombardis in our trophy case.

Bengals Trophy Case

1981 - Damn you, Joe Montana
1988 - Damn you, Joe Montana
2005 - Damn you, Steelers/injury
2015 - Damn you, Steelers/injury

I'm pretty sure Joe Montana isn't going to stop Burrow...but that other thing is a bit more possible.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you blame us?  We're a fanbase that has two phantom "Shoulda won if our QB hadn't been injured" Lombardis in our trophy case.

Bengals Trophy Case

1981 - Damn you, Joe Montana
1988 - Damn you, Joe Montana
2005 - Damn you, Steelers/injury
2015 - Damn you, Steelers/injury

I'm pretty sure Joe Montana isn't going to stop Burrow...but that other thing is a bit more possible.

Nope, can't blame us at all...

All extremely valid and why I completely understand. I just have to believe all things will come to an end eventually.

Have to play the game and you cannot be scared while playing it, let alone watching it.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nope, can't blame us at all...

All extremely valid and why I completely understand. I just have to believe all things will come to an end eventually.

Have to play the game and you cannot be scared while playing it, let alone watching it.

We can be scared so Burrow doesn't have to be.  Plus, I'd wager ZT is going to go right back to throwing the ball 50+ tines per game anyways.  We will have to just calm down eventually.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We can be scared so Burrow doesn't have to be.  Plus, I'd wager ZT is going to go right back to throwing the ball 50+ tines per game anyways.  We will have to just calm down eventually.  

If we are throwing the ball that much it better not only be to the Wideouts. Better be using our RB's and TE's on dump downs as an 
extension of the running game. This is the only way this works. Otherwise it DOES get your QB killed eventually, but not in a couple 
of series in the Preseason like some are acting like it will.

Also this OL is full of good pass protectors unlike last year, run blocking is the OL's weakness right now.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we are throwing the ball that much it better not only be to the Wideouts. Better be using our RB's and TE's on dump downs as an 
extension of the running game. This is the only way this works. Otherwise it DOES get your QB killed eventually, but not in a couple 
of series in the Preseason like some are acting like it will.

Also this OL is full of good pass protectors unlike last year, run blocking is the OL's weakness right now.

Just noticed the second preseason game is against Washington... Maybe sit Joe out for THAT game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 12:37 PM)jason Wrote: Just noticed the second preseason game is against Washington... Maybe sit Joe out for THAT game.

That is a bit scary. We only have 3 Preseason games though correct?

If so, that would be the one we play him in a couple of series. No better way to get the jitters out then for him to play against
the team that blew out his knee. Dude is tough and our OL is much better, great test. I understand why most fans would want
him to sit out against that team but I just don't think that is in Joe Burrow's nature.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a bit scary. We only have 3 Preseason games though correct?

If so, that would be the one we play him in a couple of series. No better way to get the jitters out then for him to play against
the team that blew out his knee. Dude is tough and our OL is much better, great test. I understand why most fans would want
him to sit out against that team but I just don't think that is in Joe Burrow's nature.

Yeah... I'd assume that's the dress rehearsal. If he's ready (sounds like he is), he has to play in it... But man that front 4 is scary! On top of that, someone posted in another thread that that field in Washington is responsible for a lot of injuries.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I'd assume that's the dress rehearsal. If he's ready (sounds like he is), he has to play in it... But man that front 4 is scary! On top of that, someone posted in another thread that that field in Washington is responsible for a lot of injuries.

True. It is scary alright and kind of crazy. Joe gets the very team that blew out his knee and Chase Young the dude that leveled him
at the Goal Line in his one game where he is supposed to play a series or two? Wild. For some reason I think this was planned.

Hmm
Reply/Quote