Poll: Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & Bengals take WR Malik Nabors
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take WR Rome Odunze
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take TE Brock Bowers
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take Joe Alt or another Top Tackle
Trade TEE & pick #18 to Titans for pick #7 & take another player at pick #7 you will name in a Post
Just Trade TEE straight up for Titans 2nd round pick #38 & 4th round pick (worth 520 + 80 points)
I would NOT trade TEE for any of these options & keep him as a Bengal for at least the 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?

TEE said that it would be “ideal” for him to play for New Titans Head Coach Brian Callahan if he were to leave the Bengals.

Callahan would know exactly what he is getting with TEE (versus a rookie) and many believe that TEE can be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

The Titans appear to have a lot of Cap Space at this time and the Bengals avoid paying #1 WR Money to TEE.

A Trade Value Chart gives 1,500 points for the Titans pick #7 and 900 points for the Bengals pick #18. (a 600 point difference)

600 points is roughly a late first round to early 2nd round value for TEE.

Take the POLL - Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
Reply/Quote
Heck no.
Tee helps any good team become a Super Bowl team. If the Bengals cant afford him, they have to either trade him for a 1St and a 2ed or not at all.
Tee is an instant starter with big play expectations. Bengals got to get more than just a 1st this early in 2024.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love Rome Odunze too much to not trade up and I never like trading up. I also really like Brock Bowers, but we don't use TE's as much to take him
over Odunze. I would trade up for Odunze though, who I think will be better than Tee, just as big, is just a natural at getting open and is just as smooth
as it gets for a big WR. I like Nabers too a lot, but not as much as Odunze.
Reply/Quote
potentially depending on what we do in free agency.

Ill sit in the We have Burrow we dont need 2 #1 wrs camp... i believe in burrow
Reply/Quote
BTW I would also trade up for Murphy the 3-tech from Texas.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

TEE said that it would be “ideal” for him to play for New Titans Head Coach Brian Callahan if he were to leave the Bengals.

Callahan would know exactly what he is getting with TEE (versus a rookie) and many believe that TEE can be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

The Titans appear to have a lot of Cap Space at this time and the Bengals avoid paying #1 WR Money to TEE.

A Trade Value Chart gives 1,500 points for the Titans pick #7 and 900 points for the Bengals pick #18.  (a 600 point difference)

600 points is roughly a late first round to early 2nd round value for TEE.

Take the POLL - Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?

If Tee is a true #1 receiver, then I think Bengals get the same or greater value than Titans got for Brown a couple of years ago, My thought is we keep our 1st round and them give them back a 5th or 6th in 2025 for 7 PICK IN 2024
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:33 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Heck no.
Tee helps any good team become a Super Bowl team. If the Bengals cant afford him, they have to either trade him for a 1St and a 2ed or not at all.
Tee is an instant starter with big play expectations. Bengals got to get more than just a 1st this early in 2024.

So you think that TEE can bring more than a late 1st round -or- early 2nd round pick after an injury hampered season last year.

You could be right but I am hearing late 1st round -or- early 2nd round pick as his value. Maybe it is more.

If they can get more then I would go get it. 

TEE does bring value to any Team but a high pick rookie could possibly replace his #2 Bengals WR numbers.
Reply/Quote
I went with the 5th option, however I would have to require that the Titans not only swap 1st round picks, but throw in their 2nd round selection. With that #7 pick the Bengals take whomever they feel is the BPA that would help the team the most.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Tee is a true #1 receiver, then I think Bengals get the same or greater value than Titans got for Brown a couple of years ago, My thought is we keep our 1st round and them give them back a 5th or 6th in 2025 for 7 PICK IN 2024

No, not the same situation.

Brown was still under contract for 1yr/$1m.
Tee has a franchise tag of 1yr/$22m.

Give Brown a 4yr/$100m extension and now you have him under team control for 5yr/$101m ($20.2m/yr).
Give Tee a 4yr/$100m extension and now you have him under team control for 5yr/$122m ($24.4m/yr).

If the Bengals traded Tee last offseason they would have certainly gotten same or greater value, but they chose to use that cheap 4th season of his rookie contract for themselves instead, so the huge value of getting a #1 WR at $1m for a year is gone when it comes to trading.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: So you think that TEE can bring more than a late 1st round -or- early 2nd round pick after an injury hampered season last year.

You could be right but I am hearing late 1st round -or- early 2nd round pick as his value. Maybe it is more.

If they can get more then I would go get it. 

TEE does bring value to any Team but a high pick rookie could possibly replace his #2 Bengals WR numbers.

JMO teams that are in need of a WR and building a roster want to just go ahead and draft Nabors Odunze or Bowers and have them on a rookie deal. Tee is not as valuable to a team drafting early as he is to a contender. 25 million for maybe only 1 year seems unrealistic. Trying not to put a damper on things but the two options I believe are re-sign him or he leaves.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Tee is a true #1 receiver, then I think Bengals get the same or greater value than Titans got for Brown a couple of years ago, My thought is we keep our 1st round and them give them back a 5th or 6th in 2025 for 7 PICK IN 2024

I wonder how TEE now would be compared to AJ Brown prior to Brown's Trade in terms of being a true #1 or becoming one.

Brown seemed to get injured some before his Trade (like TEE) yet his price was higher than a late 1st -or- early 2nd that I

thought TEE was garnering.

I may have under valued TEE here. Not sure yet. 

Will he be a Bonafide #1 to the degree AJ Brown has become or not ?

If TEE is worth more as you suggest, then I lean even more towards trading him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went with the 5th option, however I would have to require that the Titans not only swap 1st round picks, but throw in their 2nd round selection.  With that #7 pick the Bengals take whomever they feel is the BPA that would help the team the most.

Trade chart-wise, that's you saying Tee on the franchise tag is worth the ~13th overall pick. That's more than what AJ Brown went for when he was playing for $1m.

I think all of this is pretty shaky because if the Titans need a WR, they would probably just take Odunze themselves at 7. So they're not going to overpay for Tee. Heck, the Titans have the 3rd most cap space. They could just sign Mike Evans for the same money they'd have to give Tee but with no picks and that guy's the most reliable WR in the NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
At this point with the salary cap increasing I'm not really thinking about trading Tee. He fits what we do. We spent a high draft pick on him. I'd like to see him get a second contract or get a great haul for him in a trade.

I don't see the benefit from the Titans perspective of trading for Tee when they could draft a young wideout on a rookie deal. If they have too much cap space to spend and they want a proven commodity maybe it makes sense.

It's enticing from the Bengals perspective to make the trade and draft a younger wideout, but you never know with 1st round wideouts (see John Ross), they seem to have a 50/50 hit rate, similar to the second round. But I'm good with whatever happens at wideout. I'm much more concerned about the defensive line, and offensive line.

The best way to improve the win/loss column is to improve the defensive line in my opinion. I wouldn't mind bringing in a couple studs. Bring in a run stopper and a pass rusher--or both in one guy. I'm definitely leaning towards DT with our top pick. I wouldn't mind seeing them go DT in 1, DT in 2 to be honest. The value should be there. It would solidify our dline for 4-5 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 03:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: JMO teams that are in need of a WR and building a roster want to just go ahead and draft Nabors Odunze or Bowers and have them on a rookie deal. Tee is not as valuable to a team drafting early as he is to a contender. 25 million for maybe only 1 year seems unrealistic. Trying not to put a damper on things but the two options I believe are re-sign him or he leaves.

The Titans don't just get a receiver in place of a receiver.  (TEE instead of say Odunze)

The Titans also get pick #18 and whatever player they like at whatever position they need.  (say JC Latham or Jerzan Newton at #18)

*The Titans get 2 players - TEE plus one more at pick #18*

For the Trade to go through, TEE and his Agent would have to be in agreement with the Titans to sign longer term.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Titans don't just get a receiver in place of a receiver.  (TEE instead of say Odunze)

The Titans also get pick #18 and whatever player they like at whatever position they need.  (say JC Latham or Jerzan Newton at #18)

For the Trade to go through, TEE and his Agent would have to be in agreement with the Titans to sign longer term.

I completely understand it. It’s the dollars. I don’t think teams unless really awful at WR want that contract.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Titans don't just get a receiver in place of a receiver.  (TEE instead of say Odunze)

Oh shoot. I read this wrong. I would definitely not do this trade. Straight up a good 1st round pick, or re-sign him. I'm not into selling low. If we lose Tee, we should end up with (2) good-great 1st round picks (ours and another higher pick). If we can't get that, it's not worth it.

My reasoning: We hit on Tee at the top of the 2nd round. He could have been picked in the 1st round. He is worth more than a high 2nd round pick. He's a true number one receiver on a team that doesn't have one. His value is higher. If you can't get that value, re-sign him in a rising salary cap market. They can make it work.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:07 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oh shoot. I read this wrong. I would definitely not do this trade. Straight up a good 1st round pick, or re-sign him. I'm not into selling low. If we lose Tee, we should end up with (2) good-great 1st round picks (ours and another higher pick). If we can't get that, it's not worth it.

My reasoning: We hit on Tee at the top of the 2nd round. He could have been picked in the 1st round. He is worth more than a high 2nd round pick. He's a true number one receiver on a team that doesn't have one. His value is higher. If you can't get that value, re-sign him in a rising salary cap market. They can make it work.

The Bengals will be very persnickety in a trade. Very persnickety

Reply/Quote
No, I am not packaging him as part of a move up. Plenty of quality guys at pick 18 but we need to continue to add more playmakers not simply replace one with another.
Reply/Quote
There is no earthly way the Titans give us #7 for Higgins. Put the crack pipe down.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There is no earthly way the Titans give us #7 for Higgins. Put the crack pipe down.

Titans get Higgins and pick #18 (they get 2 players)   -   for one pick #7

Crack is an 80's drug (if my hazy memory is correct)  

I get wacky ideas on my own without the need of old or newer drugs.   Tongue
Reply/Quote