Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Pay for it yourself.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not with my back.

I don't reside in Hamilton county, so I won't have the say that voters there will. The Bengals got everything they could have wanted in the last deal, and it's a fair argument that they have not necessarily lived up to their end of the bargain. I wonder if the taxpayers are so generous this next time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd want it to be a dome to vote "Yes" but I don't live near Cincinnati so it's a non-issue for me.
Reply/Quote
As a resident of Lancaster, PA, I say... go ahead! Build a new stadium, but only if there's an indoor practice facility. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?

if the alternative is losing the NFL team the city has then you pony up or have a big empty stadium  No other franchise will be coming here.. and we likely will not be considered in a future expansion either
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the alternative is losing the NFL team the city has then you pony up or have a big empty stadium  No other franchise will be coming here.. and we likely will not be considered in a future expansion either

Pretty much. Thanks to Mike Brown, the NFL is NOT putting another team in Cincinnati if the Bengals ever leave the city. Dayton or Columbus would get a team before Cincinnati and it's not even the city's fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty much. Thanks to Mike Brown, the NFL is NOT putting another team in Cincinnati if the Bengals ever leave the city. Dayton or Columbus would get a team before Cincinnati and it's not even the city's fault.

Dayton is a shithole and Columbus, well, all I can say is Detroit is a better city than Columbus. Wait... That's a lie. Detroit is a slum but I just don't like Columbus. Although, if another city in Ohio was to get the Bengals, Huber Heights or Springfield would be a better place. Yet, has to be on I-70 or south of it. Anything north is stain country.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dayton is a shithole and Columbus, well, all I can say is Detroit is a better city than Columbus. Wait... That's a lie. Detroit is a slum but I just don't like Columbus. Although, if another city in Ohio was to get the Bengals, Huber Heights or Springfield would be a better place. Yet, has to be on I-70 or south of it. Anything north is stain country.

What if it wasn't in Ohio but in Pennsylvania? Say Erie, PA? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What if it wasn't in Ohio but in Pennsylvania? Say Erie, PA? Ninja

That's just gross.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the alternative is losing the NFL team the city has then you pony up or have a big empty stadium  No other franchise will be coming here.. and we likely will not be considered in a future expansion either

If a person really cares to do the whole stadium experience, there are multiple college football teams they can do that with. Or if they specifically want to attend NFL games in person, Indy is still rather close, and then all of Nashville, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Chicago are within a day's driving distance.
I've met people down here in Nashville that drive up to Cincy for games on Saturday then drive back down after the game is done on Sunday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nope. 

Bye.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hell no. If that’s what finally takes this miserable franchise out of our lives, so be it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've met people down here in Nashville that drive up to Cincy for games on Saturday then drive back down after the game is done on Sunday.

That's a long way to drink and drive.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
The Bengals deserve a 10 Billion dollar dome stadium with a multi-million dollar indoor facility.

Popcorn

[Image: livefromnewyork.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:42 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Bengals deserve a 10 Billion dollar dome stadium with a multi-million dollar indoor facility.

Popcorn

[Image: livefromnewyork.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1]

Well, they actually do. But skinhead needs to share more of the proceeds with the city.

Reply/Quote
I'll do it for you all.. Just send everyone you know who could use new cabinet doors for the next million years to me and I'll pay for the new stadium and name it LOSERVILLE STADIUM.. Wait...sell the naming rights to 8 track tapes! and call it 8 Track Fields.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not with my back.

I don't reside in Hamilton county, so I won't have the say that voters there will.  The Bengals got everything they could have wanted in the last deal, and it's a fair argument that they have not necessarily lived up to their end of the bargain.  I wonder if the taxpayers are so generous this next time.

Please Hamilton county pay for another one. What will I do during football season 10 sundays with out the bengals.  Who dey

I live in KY. So it won’t bother me
Reply/Quote
Yes, so long as I can pick what goes in under the concrete.

I kid. Don’t @ me.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I pray they do just because the Bengals at least give us a hometown team to root for and make Sundays even more interesting.

Then again, we're not the ones paying the tax, so who knows?

If you look at it from a business standpoint, I'd say yes as long as things were done to modernize the franchise and make it more likely that we'd win games because then taxes from ticket sales and everything would help the city.
Reply/Quote