Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make this deal?
I don’t think the Jets would trade #3 overall for a WR who is over 30 and a couple of mid round picks, but if so, I’d do it. Like someone else said, I wouldn’t take Haskins, I’d look to shop that pick for additional picks. If by chance we can’t get a good enough return for that pick, I use it on on of the studs on D.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:06 PM)McC Wrote: And then who's gonna catch passes?  A double teamed Tyler Boyd? 

And that trade as laid out seems pretty far removed from reality.  Takes a lot more than that to move 8 spots at the top of the draft.  You're looking at at least two first rounders and then some.

Since this is all fantasy, I say trade John Ross and Cody Core for the first pick in the draft.

We can't draft someone to replace Green? You do remember that in 2011 we had to replace Chad Jonson and Carson Palmer that season. Our Franchise QB and Wr! why can't we do that again?
So to ansean your question How do we replace him? through the draft
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It would pain me to do so, but probably yes. At 3 I wouldn't touch Haskins though. I'd look to take Q Williams or trade it for a king's ransom to a QB desperate team.
Reply/Quote
Jets aren’t doing that. 30+ year old WR’s don’t bring that kind of value with them.
Reply/Quote
Why would the Jets trade the #3 pick for a receiver that's 31 years old and in that scenario would be paid $20 million.

I'd do the trade BUT I don't know that I take Haskins. I probably go Josh Allen and get an amazing pass rusher. Then at 11 I take a WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ken Broo brought up an interesting scenario. If the Bengals were presented with the chance to do this, would you be for it?

[Image: D2IRBtEXcAAbgZJ.jpg]

Hum, Haskins at #3 wouldn't necessarily be part of the deal though. I mean we wouldn't have to take him there. We could, consider this for a moment, take a DL man or maybe we could trade back a spot and grab White, who I believe could be a top 6 pick come draft day.

So, I'd say no to Haskins and I like Haskins but I'd have a chance with the #3 pick to get a potential All Pro player on defense and I'd rather have that. Haskins, to me is a guy I might take at 11 and sit on the bench for a year or two. He came out too early for me.

Really, if I were the Bengals and wanted to go QB this year I'd take Finley in the second by either trading back in the second or up from the third rounds. Then sit Finley on the bench for a year or two.

The QB I most don't want in this draft is Murray.

Then there's how to replace Green. Ross will never be an AJ caliber player so no one should pretend that he's the solution cause he just ain't. So then we are looking to the draft for a WR and we won't take one with the #11 pick. I'd probably go WR in the 3rd and use the 11 pick on another defensive player or an OT.

If I went DL with the #11 pick I'd probably want to go OL in the second round.

So that would leave this:

#3 pick traded back to #4 and I'd take White - Tampa sitting at #5 is likely to take him.

#11 pick I'd go DL

2nd round I'd go OL

3rd round I'd go WR

I'd skip QB altogether in this year's draft.

6th and 7th rounds I'd want smart and fast football players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
No, we need more O-Linemen not a new QB. Plus Ohio State QBs usually suck in the NFL. Tomczak was like the only good one.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We can't draft someone to replace Green? You do remember that in 2011 we had to replace Chad Jonson and Carson Palmer that season. Our Franchise QB and Wr! why can't we do that again?

The 2011 draft had AJ Green and Julio Jones as the top two WRs. This year's draft has no one close to either of them. You can't draft what ain't there.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:21 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would do the deal, but not to take Haskins. I'd actually trade for the pick, then trade down and picks up extra picks this year and next. I think the return, especially for QB hungry teams trying to come up and get someone like Haskins would be more valuable.

I'll go with this too ^^^^.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’ll be absolutely blown away if AJ gets 20+ mil per year at the age of 32, but what do I know. I don’t particuarly like Haskins that much, but if Green is really seeking 20+ mil per year, then I would absolutely consider it. The issue would be if you drafted Haskins or whoever else, who is he throwing the ball too? The offense is considerably worse without AJ.

It may net a AB a you want, but you lose a majo weapon and don’t have enough weapons to make up for it.

The Bengals don't expect a hometown discount for aging players they pay them a premium. AJ is worth whatever MB wants to give him but giving him an exorbitant amount of guaranteed money upfront and handcuffing the future isn't very smart IMO. Make him the highest payed WR in year one and leave the team with options if he can't stay on the field in the future. This is what other teams do.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We can't draft someone to replace Green? You do remember that in 2011 we had to replace Chad Jonson and Carson Palmer that season. Our Franchise QB and Wr! why can't we do that again?

It took the number 4 pick in the draft to get AJ.  There is no AJ in this draft.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Didn't the Browns give up a 1st and 2nd for OBJ? AJ is most likely the most talented WR in the NFL.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't the Browns give up a 1st and 2nd for OBJ? AJ is most likely the most talented WR in the NFL.

I don't disagree with you, but OBJ has multiple years left on his contract, and is a little younger than AJ.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't the Browns give up a 1st and 2nd for OBJ? AJ is most likely the most talented WR in the NFL.

1st, 3rd, and Peppers

(03-21-2019, 01:27 AM)jason Wrote: I don't disagree with you, but OBJ has multiple years left on his contract, and is a little younger than AJ.

Exactly. OBJ is 26, and is locked up for 5 years. I love AJ, but he’s not bringing back a 3rd OA at this point. I don’t really want to trade him anyway, so that’s fine with me. We’ll never get back what he’s worth to US.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: I'm astounded at how many people are so determined to get rid of our best player.

Aw, hell with it.  Let's just go full on suck mode and trade everybody and see how the how much people around here love the ten year rebuild.  Get that rookie QB and MAYBE by the time we're ready to compete, his rookie deal will be over and by then, the going rate for QB's will be thirty plus mil a year.

Just remember how much fun last year's  offense was without AJ and then picture him never being here.  Yeah, that'll be a ball.  Haskins with nobody to throw to.  Woo Hoo!

I'd say careful what you wish for but the madness is too full on to even bother.

And AJ'll love it too.  By the time the Jets are any good, he'll be forty.

And btw, does anybody really think the Jets would make that trade?  The best receiver in the game brought in a third and fifth..  And nobody was trying to move up eight spots in the draft.  People pay multiple first rounders for such a move.

Finally, somebody with some sense.  +rep
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ken Broo brought up an interesting scenario. If the Bengals were presented with the chance to do this, would you be for it?

[Image: D2IRBtEXcAAbgZJ.jpg]

Maybe a straight up trade, or one of our 6th rounders, but no 3rd or 4th...they are getting a proven in his prime.  
Reply/Quote
I wish people would quit trying to trade away our best player...... Lame
Reply/Quote
I'd love to have Haskins ! But I'm not getting rid of AJ. I want to see him have success and retire here.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:33 AM)McC Wrote: It took the number 4 pick in the draft to get AJ.  There is no AJ in this draft.

No one really has any idea if that's true or not. On paper, no there doesn't appear to be that sure fire top WR, but just look at some of the best receivers in the league right now and where they were drafted. 

Antonio Brown 6th round
Tyreek Hill 5th round
Juju 2nd round
Adam Thielen undrafted
Michael Thomas 2nd round
Keenan Allen 3rd round

There are a lot of guys coming out of college who can run and catch. Of equal importance is having a QB who can get the ball to them and a coaching staff that can coach them up to the NFL game and best utilize them in their system.
Reply/Quote
Imagine something that has no chance of happening and make a decision on it. Not real. Eliminating all that, as said before, a rookie would have real issues with this O-Line. Rookies wouldn't want to become David Carr 2.0
Reply/Quote